NCL's New Deployments

pspercy

For some reason I always find better rates around the 6 month out mark, at least it's roundtrip.

I'm looking at one way back from Rome and the fare is almost triple what a round trip would be

If you are a FF on AA, they frequently have sales on miles purchases. FF miles are priced one way. You might try to buy the miles and redeem. Avoid Heathrow connections - the taxes on FF flights are high if that airport is involved.

That Jewel Trans Pacific looks good but very expensive. Maybe book it now and hope for price drops?

Want to see the Spirit itineraries on Aug.6 and South Africa, Israel, India. Wow. Are they doing any to South America or are they pulling out of there. I'm looking for late 2019, early 2020.

Jade also has to get to SE Asia...there might be some interesting itineraries there. I'm very interested to see what they come up with for Spirit and Jade on the 6th.

Especially for Spirit:

"Her journey from Europe to Asia in February 2020 will feature several exclusive sailings with new calls for Norwegian including South Africa, Mauritius, Seychelles, and the Maldives."

I think its just a case of NCL forcing everyone to take the "all-inclusive" option. We've always done the Sailaway rate, don't get value from the booze package, don't need the dining package, do our own shore excursions, and avoid internet when at sea. I guess we'll just have to suck it up and pay the higher base cost and take one of the options. Don't like it, but we do like the itineraries and ships.

I know I shouldn't have said "forced", a better way of saying it might be "limiting our choices". I think from NCLs point of view, all-inclusive is a money maker for them and that is what they're in business for after all.

Tony

Tony,

We had the price bundling with the drink packages that we don't want and it is compounded by adding the outrageous 18% gratuity on an inflated value of the package.

We used to purchase a wine package when on an NCL cruise and spend about $300 on that for a two week cruise. We drink mainly wine while cruising. Now if we get the drink package that doesn't include a good cabernet, we have to pay almost as much for the gratuity as for our original wine package of 10 bottles. This is on top of the inflated overall price.

We discovered Royal Caribbean doesn't bundle and we enjoy their great happy hour from 4:30 to 8 where you can even order free wine in the MDR until 8. We did a 23 day cruise recently and didn't spend a penny on alcohol.

Tony,

We had the price bundling with the drink packages that we don't want and it is compounded by adding the outrageous 18% gratuity on an inflated value of the package.

We used to purchase a wine package when on an NCL cruise and spend about $300 on that for a two week cruise. We drink mainly wine while cruising. Now if we get the drink package that doesn't include a good cabernet, we have to pay almost as much for the gratuity as for our original wine package of 10 bottles. This is on top of the inflated overall price.

We discovered Royal Caribbean doesn't bundle and we enjoy their great happy hour from 4:30 to 8 where you can even order free wine in the MDR until 8. We did a 23 day cruise recently and didn't spend a penny on alcohol.

its 20% on NCL. Don't be surrpised if it jumps to 25% in the next 2 -3 years.

Thanks for the Spirit itineraries.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t get to warm weather areas when I want to escape the winter here. I was hoping they would ditch the last RT Rome to Jerusalem and start it’s journey to CPT a bit earlier.

Anyone have the Jade itineraries?

Thanks for the Spirit itineraries.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t get to warm weather areas when I want to escape the winter here. I was hoping they would ditch the last RT Rome to Jerusalem and start it’s journey to CPT a bit earlier.

Anyone have the Jade itineraries?

Dubai and Egypt are warm even in February , sorry I don’t have the jade cruise anyway they will be out tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oriental or The Orient have become non-PC. However, I still don't know what to call my Oriental Carpets.

That would seem to be sufficient reason to keep using the word:D:D

Well, it's August 6, but nothing new on NCL.com :(

I'm wondering the same thing... I don't see it loaded in the system yet. :(

Still waiting. And, I would also like to see the segments on Spirit. I’m onboard Oceania next week and might book something there for 2019 (CPT to CPT) but also considering the Celebrity India’s. Azamara also has an interesting itinerary.

I have been patiently (not really) awaiting publication of Jade and Spirit as this has the potential to set my retirement date. I'm wondering if they ran into a snag with the ports since these are not their normal ports of call.

Must be serious because the Jade itineraries are still not on the system now over a week after they should have been announced. I just hope they don't start messing with the ones already announced for earlier in fall of 2019.

OK, nothing yet on Spirit but a new one for Jade.

April 18- 28 , 10dy Bahamas & Bermuda from New York.

So April 12 - 18 is presumably some repo Miami to NY, just a deadhead?

10-Day Bahamas & Bermuda from New York, April 18 - 28 2019

DayCruise PortsArriveDepart

Day 1 New York, New York (EMBARK)---10:30 pm

Day 2 At Sea------

Day 3 At Sea------

Day 4 Orlando & Beaches (Port Canaveral)6:00 am8:00 pm

Day 5 Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas9:00 am6:00 pm

Day 6 Nassau, Bahamas7:00 am4:00 pm

Day 7 At Sea------

Day 8 Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda12:00 pmOvernight

Day 9 Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda---5:00 pm

Day 10 At Sea------

Day 11 New York, New York (DISEMBARK)

Edited by pspercy

New Spirit itineraries were supposed to be released August 6.

Now two weeks late and nothing today either :(

Something is up. You don’t send out a press release on July 18th notifying everyone that the Spirit and Jade are available to book on August 6 and then crickets unless there’s an issue.

I've been waiting as well. I wonder if it has something to do with the govt and restrictions at some of the ports? Any ideas? Wasn't someone talking about issues with Joy and NCL not following the proper steps?...... IDK... :confused:

I emailed my TA today. She went to her NCL contact and was told mid December...may be a bit earlier, maybe a bit later.

I’m up in the air between some Oceania Cruises, the Celebrity Indian Oceans and what NCL comes up with on the exotics. I’m on an O cruise right now and could book with some nice benefits, but the cruise I like is in the wrong month.