NCL's New Deployments

pspercy

Jewel's Vancouver Transpacific now on NCL.com,

higher fares than last year :(

I was following along, booked on Jade TA leaving NYC same day, my daughter is coming and she has never been to Ireland and a small taste would have been nice BUT when I booked Jade it was $999 pp for balcony, the Pearl is starting at $1899 pp, staying on Jade

I'm bummed, the Ireland/Scotland Pearl itinerary that was rumored on the British cruise site to be on 6/8/19 is posted as being in May instead.

There are 2 brit cruise bc7d61f6593d2e3181aa1a7e7e86e067.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a good guess. Although it is showing on the British cruise site so that's odd.

I'm cringing at roundtrip airfare prices to AMS anyway. They are really high, even a year out.

For some reason I always find better rates around the 6 month out mark, at least it's roundtrip.

I'm looking at one way back from Rome and the fare is almost triple what a round trip would be

For some reason I always find better rates around the 6 month out mark, at least it's roundtrip.

I'm looking at one way back from Rome and the fare is almost triple what a round trip would be

I agree. I just searched for flights in Oct. just to compare, return flight YYZ to AMS - $550 CAD. Great price if I were going to Amsterdam. I know time of year can make a diff. but prices have been fairly good regardless.

Wonder what consulting group they relied on for the move. Must be interesting conversations with them as of late. But don't worry about them, those slick types are experts at spin :O

Interesting but not surprised that NCL is bailing the Joy in just 2 years, upon doing some dry dock work first.

That's typical. Cruiseline airfares are often quite good for international one way flights tho I have no experience with NCL's offering.

That's typical. Cruiseline airfares are often quite good for international one way flights tho I have no experience with NCL's offering.

Unless I buy a r/t and just don't show or cancel the return

That Jewel Trans Pacific looks good but very expensive. Maybe book it now and hope for price drops?

Want to see the Spirit itineraries on Aug.6 and South Africa, Israel, India. Wow. Are they doing any to South America or are they pulling out of there. I'm looking for late 2019, early 2020.

P.S. For the Honolulu sailing I noticed the "Sail Away" categories are already "Sold Out" - even since this morning !

Will there be none offered at all ? Is this usual on a new sailing?

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/13-day-hawaii-and-french-polynesia-from-honolulu-JEWEL13HNLOGGITONWKNHVMOZBRBPPT?itineraryCode=JEWEL13HNLOGGITONWKNHVMOZBRBPPT

P.S. For the Honolulu sailing I noticed the "Sail Away" categories are already "Sold Out" - even since this morning !

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/13-day-hawaii-and-french-polynesia-from-honolulu-JEWEL13HNLOGGITONWKNHVMOZBRBPPT?itineraryCode=JEWEL13HNLOGGITONWKNHVMOZBRBPPT

I think its just a case of NCL forcing everyone to take the "all-inclusive" option. We've always done the Sailaway rate, don't get value from the booze package, don't need the dining package, do our own shore excursions, and avoid internet when at sea. I guess we'll just have to suck it up and pay the higher base cost and take one of the options. Don't like it, but we do like the itineraries and ships.

I know I shouldn't have said "forced", a better way of saying it might be "limiting our choices". I think from NCLs point of view, all-inclusive is a money maker for them and that is what they're in business for after all.

Tony

This is perfectly normal. Most of the time when new sailings are released, the Sail Away categories show as either "Sold Out" (which really just means unavailable) or at the same price as the cheapest non-guarantee category. I've seen discounted rates posted about 6-12 months out from the sail date, but the biggest savings usually come after the final payment date.