Just got off the Oasis

Just got off our first RCCL.. the Oasis of the Seas!!! We have sailed 13 Carnival and 1 Norwegian! What a massive ship!! We had a great time and if you have any questions that I can answer I sure will try!! It was 7 days to St Maarten San Juan and Labadee!!

The ship is absolutely amazing!! It is enoromous compared to any other ship we have sailed on!! I loved exploring as much as I could!

I couldn't help but compare things with Carnival since that is what I have known, but the ship itself CANNOT be compared. Its in a league of its own!!

Great ship.. great cruise!!

3 more Oasis class to try for you now. Maybe give the Quantum class a try. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll never forget when my wife walked on that class of ship for the first time and had no idea what to expect.

Also a few things. We did get the delux drink package which we NEVER do, but it was our 25th anniversary so we splurged. It was nice to have but I don't think it is worth it for us. We also stayed in room 12 243 Central Park Balcony. This was nice but we were never on the balcony because there was not air flow and it was HOT. Deck 12 was a decent spot only a few down from the pools etc. I will say sometimes it was a little noisy because of pool music but that was during the day so no big deal. Room was very nice and our room steward was amazing!!

We had one free specialty lunch so we picked Giovannis and it was amazing!! Very very good. Other then that we ate at the early seating in the Silk MDR on deck 5. We had our own table for 2 and fantastic wait staff. Food was good for the most part. Not great but good. Windjammer for lunch a few days and the Solarium and Wipeout were good for breakfast.

Sorrentos was edible but no where near Carnivals pizza.

Sorrentos was edible but no where near Carnivals pizza.

Did you know you can/could get a made to order personal pizza at that Sorrentos? It seems under advertised. Its a little better than the stuff served on demand.

personal.jpg

Did you know you can/could get a made to order personal pizza at that Sorrentos? It seems under advertised. Its a little better than the stuff served on demand.

personal.jpg

Wow. This looks 100000000% better than the stuff I usually get at Sorentos.

personal.jpg

I did not know that. It was always so busy I felt like I had to get a slice and move. haha. Next time I will try to order something. I will say that getting a slice right out of the oven is always better!!

We go August 12th! I cannot wait to be on a ship of that size - I can imagine my eyes will be roving in all directions trying to take it all in! Welcome back

It is totally amazing!! That is what I was doing.. looking at everything and told my Dh that I wanted to see everything!! I think I saw just about everything except the helicopter pad deck. Found the observation deck on 14.. that is nice.

We go August 12th! I cannot wait to be on a ship of that size - I can imagine my eyes will be roving in all directions trying to take it all in! Welcome back

I'm on the same cruise as you!!! This will be our 4th time on Oasis and it's wonderful! Hope to meet ya!

I thought they did away with the personal pan pizza. When we were on Allure in Jan and June, they no longer had it. In the place where they used to have ingredients for the personal pizza, now there are salad fixings or paninis.

I thought on all Oasis class ships the personal size was gone. I didn't ask but didn't see anyone with one these last two times.

I thought they did away with the personal pan pizza. When we were on Allure in Jan and June, they no longer had it. In the place where they used to have ingredients for the personal pizza, now there are salad fixings or paninis.

I thought on all Oasis class ships the personal size was gone. I didn't ask but didn't see anyone with one these last two times.

On Oasis in February, the "make your own pizza" area was an antipasto section.

Just got off our first RCCL.. the Oasis of the Seas!!! We have sailed 13 Carnival and 1 Norwegian! What a massive ship!! We had a great time and if you have any questions that I can answer I sure will try!! It was 7 days to St Maarten San Juan and Labadee!!

The ship is absolutely amazing!! It is enoromous compared to any other ship we have sailed on!! I loved exploring as much as I could!

I couldn't help but compare things with Carnival since that is what I have known, but the ship itself CANNOT be compared. Its in a league of its own!!

Great ship.. great cruise!!

YUP I agree. I just got off C Vista and found myself comparing RCI to Carnival.

I like the Vista for lits if things.

But I told everyone I talked to to just try an Oasis class ship. They do not have elevator issues as much as Vista did.

Once Oasis class or Quantum class, a cruiser gets spoiled.

What were the elevator issues on vista? We saw her in port in miami. It is a pretty big ship. Looks about size of freedom class.

YUP I agree. I just got off C Vista and found myself comparing RCI to Carnival.

I like the Vista for lits if things.

But I told everyone I talked to to just try an Oasis class ship. They do not have elevator issues as much as Vista did.

Once Oasis class or Quantum class, a cruiser gets spoiled.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk