Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Everyone is very philosophical this evening -  it is good to remind ourselves about the true values now and again.  Too much living in our first world tends to spoil us.  So, thank you .

Lola

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Lola, thus far I have managed to make the trek home on two limbs and not four.  However, there was no dancing involved.  🤣

I can vouch for this!

• Haha 1

@DrRon, I’m about to finally publish my YouTube video of my Aus/NZ trip, yes I know it’s late but I’ve been busy. Ok? I Know that you posted shots that I haven’t been able to find on here of our meal in Scarborough, I’ve a lovely pic of me and Rojann with the BeeGees but not with you. I’d love to have that pic as meeting you both was a highlight of the holiday and I’d love to include it in my lasting video memory. 

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

@DrRon, I’m about to finally publish my YouTube video of my Aus/NZ trip, yes I know it’s late but I’ve been busy. Ok? I Know that you posted shots that I haven’t been able to find on here of our meal in Scarborough, I’ve a lovely pic of me and Rojann with the BeeGees but not with you. I’d love to have that pic as meeting you both was a highlight of the holiday and I’d love to include it in my lasting video memory. 

@drron29  please see the quoted post.  😁

24 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Don’t say that you were so p&^%£@d that you forgot to exchange emails!

🍹

Jeff

55 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Don’t say that you were so p&^%£@d that you forgot to exchange emails!

🍹

Jeff

2x G&Ts with a 4am wake up was hardly my hardest wake up call. You seem to have taken against me Jeff which is such a shame. I Always found you to be wonderful company, especially considering how many of the wonderful  shared experiences we have had. I do apologise if I’ve done something to offend you and I will miss your friendship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavyWavey70 said:

JP you’re a gem. Xxx

9 minutes ago, Port Power said:

What about @mysty?  I think she was the gem. 🤔

Don’t tell me after all these years that @mysty and @jpalbny are the same person?  Boy, they travel enough for two people, much less one! 🤣

Edited by Port Power
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

2x G&Ts with a 4am wake up was hardly my hardest wake up call. You seem to have taken against me Jeff which is such a shame. I Always found you to be wonderful company, especially considering how many of the wonderful  shared experiences we have had. I do apologise if I’ve done something to offend you and I will miss your friendship. 

Thanks for the reassurance Davey, we do have a glorious history that I also treasure and I and others have been a little bewildered by some of what we have been seeing lately.  It has been selective and generally uncongenial which is a shame.  No I haven't been working my way through a lake Dave! 🙂 

I'm sure you that you cannot be unaware of the situation I find myself in, in that there has been some clear "divisiveness" and " frostiness" of late and that for some I can no longer ever post anything at all that is now ever under any circumstances "liked" and sometimes even needs to be "corrected".  It's unwelcome and unnecessary.  I won't say more than that.

I just want to see a congenial atmosphere maintained in The Cooler that is tribe-free remains inclusive and which is what has always set the right atmosphere that I sought when I started it all those years ago and I hope that no one can see anything wrong with these aspirations.

I hope we remain the mates we were!

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 2

I am actually pleased to say that all this has gone above my head, whatever it is.  I am known to be a bit slow on the uptake, however.   Sometimes the easiest thing to be.

My coucous etc. arriving today, and if things go to plan - which they have not so far today - will be reporting on it tomorrow.  

Lola

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am actually pleased to say that all this has gone above my head, whatever it is.  I am known to be a bit slow on the uptake, however.   Sometimes the easiest thing to be.

My coucous etc. arriving today, and if things go to plan - which they have not so far today - will be reporting on it tomorrow.  

Lola

Lola,

You are a perfectly innocent bystander and one doesn’t know what one doesn’t know.  And some things that might illuminate cannot be posted. 

My aspiration is that this now has a final line drawn under it.  

I’m more interested in that The Cooler is fully inclusive and is a place where people wish to draw up a stool and become paid up permanent members and where all members remain equal. That was and is and will always be the most important thing to me and is why people dip their toes and sometimes remain.  

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Port Power said:

Don’t tell me after all these years that @mysty and @jpalbny are the same person?  Boy, they travel enough for two people, much less one! 🤣

Nope, we are separate people! But we have stumbled home from Black Tartan Kitchen together.

• Like 3

Tomorrow this gorgeous boy will be 11…seen here with one of his birthday presents…

I got him just a year after my husband took his own life and he’s been my constant companion ever since….an absolute treasure that literally makes me smile and get out of bed each day.

I’m sure many of us here have experienced sadness and tragedy so please let the cooler be a place where there is the peace and harmony that we are all here to enjoy. 
😊

IMG_3140.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Well the lovly Rojaan took a picture of us at the bar of the craft brewery.

20240127_193307.thumb.jpg.cae3d305f34c4c9dd61fb8857f160ea9.jpg

20240703_215800.jpg.9b6840de49940188803eb0f2ff02bdd8.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Lovely photo of two awesome gents!  So very lucky that we got to meet you both!  🥰

• Like 5

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

OMG a Celebrity cruise made me so fat! Well to be more precise, 28 days of Emirates, Sails in the Desert, Indian Pacific, fake Fairmont, Shangri La, Celebrity Edge, Shangri La, Scarborough Brewing Company and Lady Elliot Island food made me so fat. Thanks for the piccy Drron.

• Like 3