Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Happy Sunday, all !

LOVED this mornings funny, Mysty! I've never seen that one before...cute as can be!

I'm so sorry to report, we've lost a true American.....John McCain. If we could only have more like him. He was a credit to America and he will be so missed by both Republicans AND Democrats.....

I'm so sorry to report, we've lost a true American.....John McCain. If we could only have more like him. He was a credit to America and he will be so missed by both Republicans AND Democrats.....

John McCain, war hero and US presidential candidate, dies at 81

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/john-mccain-war-hero-and-us-presidential-candidate-dies-at-81-2kp3l3z9c?shareToken=e17f8714546e9fc60c58d194d2157566

Lovely Funny M!

I’m afraid I can’t offer you a Sunday Clarkson this week so I have offered you a thought provoking Greer instead.

The law doesn’t know what rape is, and that ruins sex for women

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germaine-greer-the-law-doesnt-know-what-rape-is-and-that-ruins-sex-for-women-kqp9r937q?shareToken=5649ef2816348612be6cb05245e7e611

Good morning, yes, a very sad day for all of us...John Mccain will be greatly missed.

He was definitely a hero and always stood up for what he believed. The tributes are all justified...….if some of the folks in politics would remember how he lived his life and try to emulate some that......we would be in a better place. He was courageous and no matter the issue, he always knew it was not about "him" but the higher calling of service to the country. Others could learn from him.

RIP John Mccain.

Good morning, yes, a very sad day for all of us...John Mccain will be greatly missed. He was definitely a hero and always stood up for what he believed. The tributes are all justified...….if some of the folks in politics would remember how he lived his life and try to emulate some that......we would be in a better place. He was courageous and no matter the issue, he always knew it was not about "him" but the higher calling of service to the country. Others could learn from him. RIP John Mccain.

Well stated and summarized by Lois about the late Senator John McCain. Earlier this year, we were in Vietnam and had a chance to visit this famed "Hanoi Hilton". Not the fancy hotel type of location. BUT, the prison where John McCain was housed. Not a nice place. BUT, they had much on Sen. McCain visiting there as relations were later restored and normalized during the more recent period of history. Interesting background for both with Vietnam and the late Senator. Below are a couple of my visuals from that visit.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 33,123 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

We visited the "Hanoi Hilton" or this historic prison that was used for U.S. prisoners during the Vietnam War. It was originally built by the French to use against those in Vietnam during their long and bloody colonial rule. U.S. Senator John McCain was among our military recognized with their museum displays. Interesting location and history connections!!:

CMY_3337%206_zpsoqdhqncv.jpg

CMY_3335%205_zpslwcegngf.jpg

Hi Terry and everyone...….well, the mass shootings in Florida have come to my city:mad:….we have an area down by the River called "Jacksonville Landing"...…..they have lots of restaurants/shops/boats can dock outside.....there was a sanctioned "Madden Video" tournament being held inside one of the sports bars and 15 people shot......4 dead and 11 injured...…….seems my state is just full of crazy people...…..first Orlando and the Pulse Nightclub...…..then Parkland and all the students and now this:mad:

Edited by Lois R

Thanks for the reading material J! From the first article the Romans had definite potty mouth! Does make some of the current nastiness seem tame by comparison. Second article had some interesting bits. The attempts to ward off seat sharers was instructive. And so.......:)

And am happy Coolers like the funny!

Thanks Spins and M ...

Wifey suffers badly from seat hogs on her trips up to town but it was the “so” article .... I have to switch off when an interviewee says the first “so” as I know many will follow and I am now officially grumpy ....

It is great to see so much good columns on McCain .. someone who was previously off of my own and many Brits radar. Also sad to see the passing of Neil Simon. What a talent. I guess I always felt that he was describing me when scripting Oscar in The Odd Couple. I think that I fear that I am both Felix and Oscar in one extremely irritating package. I never tire of watching repeats. My sandwiches are now however thinner and better rthan Oscar’s though.

(Hope the first two are readable as I have attempted “shared” via the web page rather than my app)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/john-mccain-jn7vzhbc8

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil-simon-vxwjxvwr2

Trump alone as US unites in McCain tributes

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trump-is-odd-man-out-as-us-unites-in-tribute-to-john-mccain-b3bczmjq7?shareToken=197137c7cad9f24e5fcb27c448490503

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

A routine day here at Seaside ...

PlantersPunch@TheBalcony followed by some Bredon Champers and some lovely fresh Dover sole landed this morning at Brixham with some lemon meuniére and fries and peas .... very rustic but good. Wifey happy! :)

48a75340a0234d35c9470efb0e3e048a.jpg

933b3b8010c35ff91d44ee7d64c96933.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greetings All....

M...the funny reminds me of what l say to the kids when they ask!

Jeffers....my kind of meal is that....looking forward to a good Dover Sole when in London next week...

Spins.....is one ready for the next sea journey? Nine weeks until my next adventure!

JP...sadly our paths don’t cross in London....l arrive as you leave....wishing you a fabulous time..

It’s been a busy and productive summer....my favourite time of year approaching now...think l must be alone in liking the darker nights ...🤨

Lovely to see the cooler buzzing.....l need to catch up!

S 😊

Jeff, nice lunch!

Welcome back, Sophia! A shame we will miss each other in London. The countdown is starting in earnest tomorrow.

I picked my tux up from the cleaners but on second thought I might just bring my dark suit instead. Only one formal night and I inadvertently (or luckily) booked LT that night. Lucky coincidence?

Chris will look smashing in whatever she wears for formal night, sans glasses these days. I have to get used to that. The LASIK was quite successful.

Yesterday we went to the motor vehicle department, and now her driver's license no longer says "corrective lenses required." She was excited about that!

Gearing up to work the long weekend. Then its it's a wrap!

Last night's dinner.

20180827_183940.thumb.jpg.186d2f22a4bde1d5f43cc6dab3e84a64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Good Afternoon All ..

Lovely funny M ... and a great plate JP. Very much looking forward to seeing Chris refreshed sans lunettes! :) Soapy, thanks so much for returning ... we need to keep the fee income of The Cooler up so all members are precious ... ;) By the way ... where is Dave. Hope he is healthy and well.

Today was a cliff garden walk followed by some rum and coke followed by lemon sole with Bredon on The Balcony ......

f8e66c992f6103a8cda806c50cdb2615.jpg

Cloudy but nice ....

a202e8b03eb4f86c2192b44a2d6cbb5f.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk