Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Back to the funny place.....such a relief to come here in the morning. Gotta go milk my cow so I will check in later. Have a good day Coolers.

I Agree completely TrulyBlonde. I Think I’ll stick with dogs rather than people. They can sometimes be a little picky with their food but rarely provide me with a 6 page rider and then threaten to pack their bags if every condition isn’t met despite a 2 year pandemic, global supply problems and an impending world war. Instead I just get a beefy fart and a pair of spaniel eyes.  Perhaps some quite entitled cruisers could try a similar approach? Thank goodness my Spaniels don’t use Cruise Critic. BTW, Please heed my previous (no longer visible) warning on milking boy cows xxx

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sorry to jump in the middle of these excellent and super exciting funnies, but have a specific Canada question.  Last month, after Canada dropped its mandatory Covid testing when entering their territory, we booked a Tauck tour of the Eastern Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Cape Briton Island, etc.  Excited for our first visit to these scenic, historic and charming areas.  

BUT, this past week Canada has just reversed course, somewhat, and is now saying that there will be mandatory "random" Covid testing of fully vaccinated visitors when landing at their four major airports.  We are fully covered with the four different shots.  How good or bad will your "random" chances be for such required, off-site airport testing?  In flying on Air Canada from Columbus, we will land in Toronto and then go to Halifax on a separate flight.  According to the news reports, if picked randomly, we will not need to be tested till Halifax.  But, this new government policy change has us confused and adds to the risks for a disrupted adventure plan.  Any suggestions or insights?  Are these areas as wonderful as we have been told?  Any special tips for there as "must-do's" and "don't miss"?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

51 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Sorry to jump in the middle of these excellent and super exciting funnies, but have a specific Canada question.  Last month, after Canada dropped its mandatory Covid testing when entering their territory, we booked a Tauck tour of the Eastern Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Cape Briton Island, etc.  Excited for our first visit to these scenic, historic and charming areas.  

BUT, this past week Canada has just reversed course, somewhat, and is now saying that there will be mandatory "random" Covid testing of fully vaccinated visitors when landing at their four major airports.  We are fully covered with the four different shots.  How good or bad will your "random" chances be for such required, off-site airport testing?  In flying on Air Canada from Columbus, we will land in Toronto and then go to Halifax on a separate flight.  According to the news reports, if picked randomly, we will not need to be tested till Halifax.  But, this new government policy change has us confused and adds to the risks for a disrupted adventure plan.  Any suggestions or insights?  Are these areas as wonderful as we have been told?  Any special tips for there as "must-do's" and "don't miss"?

Shouldn’t you have started a new thread for discussion on this subject?

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

Shouldn’t you have started a new thread for discussion on this subject?

I note there is actually a topic on the “Canadian” thread about this subject.  It was started on Thursday.  A good place to ask specific Canadian questions, I should think.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I note there is actually a topic on the “Canadian” thread about this subject.  It was started on Thursday.  A good place to ask specific Canadian questions, I should think.

Great suggestion!! Just posted there. Excellent tip. Still appreciate any and all smart ideas and insights for experiencing the Eastern Maritimes Provinces. We are not exactly "cruising" there, but we will take a ferry for the 14-miles as our coach sails across Northumberland Strait from Prince Edward Island to Nova Scotia.  

A cruise??

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure I am allowed to post this in the cooler but we are cruising on another line at the moment, here is the link;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2863810-we-are-cruising-again-hopefully-10-july-14-august/

If you get towards the end of Day 2 you will see we have unfortunately tested positive for Covid. This is a first time for us but thankfully so far our symptoms have been mild and the crew have been truly wonderful. Though when the Captain called an hour ago to see we were okay I did suggest there was a roster for someone to call every 1.5 hours to check we were in the room. Thankfully he is British and understood my Australian sense of humour and cracked up laughing.

Cheers,

Julie

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

If you get towards the end of Day 2 you will see we have unfortunately tested positive for Covid. This is a first time for us but thankfully so far our symptoms have been mild and the crew have been truly wonderful. Though when the Captain called an hour ago to see we were okay I did suggest there was a roster for someone to call every 1.5 hours to check we were in the room. Thankfully he is British and understood my Australian sense of humour and cracked up laughing.

Cheers,

Julie

So sorry to hear - but I'm glad your sense of humo(u)r is intact! Hope it stays mild for you and that you're back to your holiday soon.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure I am allowed to post this in the cooler but we are cruising on another line at the moment, here is the link;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2863810-we-are-cruising-again-hopefully-10-july-14-august/

Cheers,

Julie

Thanks for the link Julie!  Very sorry to hear that the nasty caught you!  Your posts have been so very entertaining!  Hope the "negative" result appears soon!   Good vibes winging their way to you! 🥰

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

So sorry to hear - but I'm glad your sense of humo(u)r is intact! Hope it stays mild for you and that you're back to your holiday soon.

JP I am not sure if you have done Nero's Palace but it was amazing to be walking in a place with so much history, whether good or bad and the virtual reality section was amazing. When you combine it with Trajan's market who used a lot of his his power to try to obliterate Nero., Trajans market was very interesting to me for the power of Civil Engineering even in the distant past.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thanks for the link Julie!  Very sorry to hear that the nasty caught you!  Your posts have been so very entertaining!  Hope the "negative" result appears soon!   Good vibes winging their way to you! 🥰

Keith and I are so happy to cruise again and I think we need to be realistic like so many on Coolers have been. We try our best and try to laugh even with tough stuff. Is life perfect, No but we are blessed. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband and good friends I adore. 

A fun movie people may enjoy watching is "Looking For Figaro". It has some opera, romance and an acerbic Joanna Lumley as the Opera Diva teacher. It was a bit of entertainment we enjoyed watching yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

JP I am not sure if you have done Nero's Palace but it was amazing to be walking in a place with so much history, whether good or bad and the virtual reality section was amazing. When you combine it with Trajan's market who used a lot of his his power to try to obliterate Nero., Trajans market was very interesting to me for the power of Civil Engineering even in the distant past.

We have not visited Domus Aurea yet - I assume that's the Nero's Palace to which you refer? Chris has had it on her list for Rome for some time - but from what I remember, it was not open the last time we were in Rome (2012). Which reminds me, we need to go back!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

Found a new recipe in Food & Wine last night. Perfect for a hot sunny day. Linguine and Shrimp with Sauce Vierge.

Since our first tomatoes of the season were finally ripe, we decided to make this for dinner. I chopped some freshly-harvested tomatoes and mixed them with garlic, onion, lemon zest and juice, crushed coriander seeds, hot pepper, and salt. Poor Chris was sweating on the treadmill while I made the sauce, but now it was my turn.

20220716_155805.thumb.jpg.4aa5551f8d56d72d35e025e0d150cad5.jpg

The sauce sat out while I worked up an appetite. Then I cooked up some linguine, added the shrimp for the last 3 minutes, and tossed the cooked ingredients with the sauce. Added fresh chives and basil from the garden, and enjoyed!

20220716_161657.thumb.jpg.e4577971a5edfe7e707fe7aaf2c715a9.jpg

The flavors reminded me of gazpacho. The hot pasta warmed the sauce but the raw flavors were still front and center. 

It went very well with a Vermentino from Sardinia. Even a crustacean on the label!

20220716_164022.thumb.jpg.559968392a4ddb1cbe0d38087bdfc5b9.jpg

Now for a relaxing evening! The swimming pool is up to 90F/32C so it will be much more pleasant in the evening after the air temperature drops a bit. But time to keep the solar cover off so it cools down a little. I only keep the hot tub at 95F in the summer, so the pool temperature is getting a little too close to that!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

OH told me I was getting posh dogs tonight. I Wasn’t impressed. I replated and poured myself a Taittainger. He’s still in training. 

5DBA3819-60BA-4260-B3F8-D40DFF33F100.jpeg

Love the plate! 🥰

7 minutes ago, mysty said:

Love the plate! 🥰

Versace again I’m afraid M. I Think I need counselling. I think I may be the owner of the first top to bottom Versace “cottage” more pics to follow when Versacification is complete. Love u xxx

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 2