Lazy man's Vista Class V Cat Drawer Space

POA1

We're on the Zuiderdam at Christmas and I have a question on the drawer space in the verandah cabins. I know there are drawers in the night stands. Are there night stands on both sides of the bed?

Also, some of the photos I've seen show drawers under the sofa. Is that still the case?

Under the SOFA?? I never thought to check there.

Under the bed -- yes.

Saw them in a photo on HALfacts. I never looked there either. This is my DFIL's first time on a Vista class ship with us. We were on the Zuiderdam in 2003, so of course we're supposed to know everything. ;)

LOL - I read the title and wondered why you needed drawer space to store a cat.
Cat V is short for Cat, Viscous. If you don't store them properly, they'll bite and scratch you.

Cat V is short for Cat, Viscous. If you don't store them properly, they'll bite and scratch you.

Cat, is that your service critter of choice? Does it help calm you down when you have to wait too long between courses at dinner, or servers checking on the status of your drink?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The 2 drawers under the beds are usable, but the cabin stewards use some of that space to store the heavy luggage protector pads you see on your beds on embarkation. They store them in those drawers until needed the night before disembarkation, when you have to pack.

I'm a dog person, too, consider cats to be an introduced, invasive species.

Glad you like dogs, but did you really have to add the latter? As an animal lover, I love them both. And if you don't like cats, it's a good guess that you have never been loved by one. So don't knock them.

The 2 drawers under the beds are usable, but the cabin stewards use some of that space to store the heavy luggage protector pads you see on your beds on embarkation. They store them in those drawers until needed the night before disembarkation, when you have to pack.
I take those rolled mats and put them up on top of the bathrobe hooks so I can use the drawers.

So... Does anyone recall seeing under-sofa drawers in Vista balcony cabins? I saw them in one Halfacts photo, but I don't want to tell my DFIL unless I'm sure. Thanks!

So... Does anyone recall seeing under-sofa drawers in Vista balcony cabins? I saw them in one Halfacts photo, but I don't want to tell my DFIL unless I'm sure. Thanks!
Sorry, I don't recall for certain, but I don't think we've had drawers there. Do you know if the picture was a triple or quad? That might make a difference in the type of sofa. We've never had a t/q as one of our 6 Vista cabins. Edited by catl331

Sorry, I don't recall for certain, but I don't think we've had drawers there. Do you know if the picture was a triple or quad? That might make a difference in the type of sofa. We've never had a t/q on a Vista.

Just a regular double. It shouldn't be a big deal as he's only one guy.