Grand Schedule Adjustment

cruisingrob21

Would anyone please have a clue which ship is doing the 10 nighter San Fran to Alaska cruise in September of 2020 or is that cruise still going to operate at all??????=

PS. When do the new princess itineraries get released for 2020??

Just last month, we were on the Grand and during the Captain's Club party, the captain announced they weren't certain if the Grand was going to remain home ported in SF. He took a poll on how many people didn't want to see the Grand leave SF. He didn't get much of a response. The Captain's Club Hostess stepped in and mentioned they don't even know if a ship will be home ported in SF after the Grand leaves.

The new itineraries for late 2020 should be released by the end of the year.

The Captain's Club Hostess stepped in and mentioned they don't even know if a ship will be home ported in SF after the Grand leaves.

That's going to be a big bummer for me if there isn't a ship home ported in SF in the future. My DH hates to fly, so it's nice to have a nearby option that I can get him happy with. I guess I'll stay hopeful and see what shakes loose. :(

Hey there, not sure if it has been mentioned here or elsewhere, an OZ online TA has itinerary for the Golden departing Sydney on the April 8th 2020, 29 nights to LA via NZ and Tahiti.

Just thought I would share in case someone is up for a Pacific crossing;p

It was originally doing a round Australia cruise.......then not sure but going to P&O later in the year. They have cancelled a few and sending it back to LA.

Edited by cheznandy

• 3 weeks later...

So the Star Princess will be replacing the Grand Princess in 2020....The Alaskan itineraries for 2020 have been announced and it shows Star coming to SF.  There will be a 3-day repo from Vancouver to SF leaving Thursday, Apr 30, 2020.

• Like 1

I do hope Princess leaves a ship home ported in San Francisco... my dh and I have gotten to the age we are not planning on doing anything else  other then taking  round cruises out of SF.   If they drop a ship in SF, I guess I will have to accept short road trip to San Cruz by car.. lol.     We just returned from flying to Israel from SF thru Paris... at 71 and 86... no longer fun flying even in Premium seats on Air France.... may do one Panama canal but this is it, we have enough miles AA for a first ticket one way... lol    We have 25 cruises with Princess... hoping to make 30... we will see.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:20 PM, Hobbes67 said:

We just got a voice mail from Princess that our Coastal May 23, 2020 has been cancelled. They can move us to Royal on an earlier cruise. We were in a window suite and they said they can move us to a mini suite for an extra $40 per person and less desirable location. Unfortunately we were planning on celebrating my birthday so will just cancel the whole thing and find another type of vacation. On the phone with them and they said they would give a whopping $15 obc for the inconvenience if we would move to a different date! What a deal.

Seriously, more more a mini?  Is it at least club class?

Just now, tcdcruiser said:

Having the Star in SF would be great.    How do we know she’s moving. Do not see the repositioning cruise at princess.com.  Just don’t want to get happy too soon. 

They are not available for sale yet so they are not on Princess.com.