Price Drop Reduction - UK

I booked a cruise for next year while on board Symphony 3 weeks ago. I noticed last night there was a reduction on price and based on the extremely useful info I have found on this site I spoke to my TA this morning and he contacted RCCL and I have now saved £357 ($450). My TA didn't even know I could do this! I am so happy .....thanks to the folk on this site!!

You got the price drop BECAUSE you booked on board.

It is something new they are offering to UK bookers. Changes came in the past few months. If you book on board you get the benefit of being able to secure any change in price, and I believe you can also swap ship/sail date without penalty too.

One of the few perks on onboard bookings LOL!

I have an onboard booking and have been told I can change it as many times as I want! I asked for this in writing but they said ' everyone knows about this....'.

Your post inspires confidence.

Bob - you may want to add this to your information file!!!

You didn't have to cancel, lose your deposit, and rebook? They just gave you the lower price?

No penalties at all and I got to keep my OBC. I don't know if I can get any further reductions but at the moment I am delighted.:D

You got the price drop BECAUSE you booked on board.

It is something new they are offering to UK bookers. ... !

No penalties at all and I got to keep my OBC. I don't know if I can get any further reductions but at the moment I am delighted.:D

Thanks for the update, great news for the UK cruisers.:)

You are only able to get 1 price drop.

+1, I seem to remember someone mentioning this when it was first offered - of course RCI could forget the number of price drops you got and could become unlimited. The NextCruise conditions are in the below document but it's not so obvious what it means - it is interesting that they mention US promotions.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/assets/pdf/discover-cruise-holidays/next-cruise/NextCruise-UK-ROI-Terms-Conditions-Website-LA.pdf

The UK booking conditions have finally been updated:

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/assets/pdf/terms-and-conditions/UK-July-2018.pdf

^ it lists the official 2 letter codes for each ship in the fleet - have not seen that elsewhere.

Edited by Biker19

Thanks for the update, great news for the UK cruisers.:)

I can confirm that its been around for a few months and I have nabbed two price drops and also changed details of one of my bookings - free! They do definitely know about it & had no hassle or grief either time.

Well ok, a bit of hassle one time when it was very new and the price dropped within 3 weeks of me booking and the Agent told me to get to price drop I would have to cancel and rebook - I just politely asked them to check that with the supervisor, which they did, and she came back to me and honoured the drop drop :)

They do not remove the OBC for an onboard booking if you need to change sailing date or ship - but you will have to go with the latest promotion, so you need to be aware of that.

It is great news for us UK cruisers.

They still wont let us change Gty assignments though, which is really annoying and so unnecessary. It is no skin off their nose, but they just wont do it and refuse to explain to me why they wont put the UK and USA booking in parallel, as I have asked at very senior level :(

Jean :-)

+1, I seem to remember someone mentioning this when it was first offered - of course RCI could forget the number of price drops you got and could become unlimited. The NextCruise conditions are in the below document but it's not so obvious what it means - it is interesting that they mention US promotions.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/assets/pdf/discover-cruise-holidays/next-cruise/NextCruise-UK-ROI-Terms-Conditions-Website-LA.pdf

The UK booking conditions have finally been updated:

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/assets/pdf/terms-and-conditions/UK-July-2018.pdf

^ it lists the official 2 letter codes for each ship in the fleet - have not seen that elsewhere.

Hi Biker, that is because when we (UK cruiser) book onboard we are asked if we want the UK or the USA booking promo / conditions and we can choose whichever is favourable at the time

I can confirm that its been around for a few months and I have nabbed two price drops and also changed details of one of my bookings - free! They do definitely know about it & had no hassle or grief either time.

Well ok, a bit of hassle one time when it was very new and the price dropped within 3 weeks of me booking and the Agent told me to get to price drop I would have to cancel and rebook - I just politely asked them to check that with the supervisor, which they did, and she came back to me and honoured the drop drop :)

They do not remove the OBC for an onboard booking if you need to change sailing date or ship - but you will have to go with the latest promotion, so you need to be aware of that.

It is great news for us UK cruisers.

They still wont let us change Gty assignments though, which is really annoying and so unnecessary. It is no skin off their nose, but they just wont do it and refuse to explain to me why they wont put the UK and USA booking in parallel, as I have asked at very senior level :(

Jean :-)

Hi Jean, Your info has been brilliant. An earlier post you did actually gave me the incentive to keep checking the website for price drops...thank you. I don't think that the price will drop again as we will be on Indy sailing out of the UK....but you never know. If it does would I be able to get it again?

Thanks- that’s great to know! I am on Indy this weekend and am considering a New England cruise next year, so booking onboard could be the way forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

me too...see you there! :)

UK cruiser here. Just got off Navigator.

We also booked on board because of this. Identical itinerary/different ship but same dates for next year. The agent said it was called a 'local offer'. The price we were quoted was much more than we paid for the cruise we were on but that's fine because I know they will honour the price drop promise even after final payment. I am pretty confident they will drop as it was more than double this years price.

There was an alternative price offered which was cheaper and described as a 'US offer' but there was not a price drop guarantee on this.