OBC Quandary

Ep010835

For our upcoming cruise we have a $995 TA OBC plus a $60 Princess OBC.

The TA part is refundable as cash to us for any unused portion. As I understand it the $60 is “use it or lose it”.

We are looking at buying 100 shares of CCL stock to score the 14 day $250 OBC. Which I expect is also “use it or lose it”.

Here’s the part I asking for help with. Obviously I’d like to use the pieces of OBC that expire before dipping into the refundable piece. How would I go about doing this? Or it it even possible?

Many thanks!!!

The TA part is refundable as cash to us for any unused portion. As I understand it the $60 is “use it or lose it”.

We are looking at buying 100 shares of CCL stock to score the 14 day $250 OBC. Which I expect is also “use it or lose it”.

Here’s the part I asking for help with. Obviously I’d like to use the pieces of OBC that expire before dipping into the refundable piece. How would I go about doing this? Or it it even possible?

Many thanks!!!

Princess will use the non-refundable OBC first to offset charges on your shipboard account. Any refundable not used will be returned to you in the form of a check mailed a few weeks after your cruise ends.

Many thanks!!!

They already do that for you.

Princess uses your non-refundable OBC first for anything charged to your cruise card (gratuities, specialty restaurants, excursions, sip purchases, etc.). When those are fully expended they liquidate your refundable OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since the TA portion has yet to appear on the personalizer I called the TA. They told me this is the most common question they get. The answer is that their OBC won't appear in our account until boarding/sailing. I'd be concerned were it not for the size and reputation of the TA. $995 isn't even a rounding error for them so I cannot imagine they would try to cheat me out of it.

Check your cruise personalizer under payments and credits for your cruise and it will tell you what is refundable OBC and what is not. $995 seems like a lot to be refundable from a TA. I’d double check

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$995 isn't unbelievable. My TA didn't give us OBC but did knock $900 off the top on one of our recent cruises.

Have sailed with upwards of $2000 in OBC, mixed as refundable and non refundable. Princess will apply all charges to the non refundable first. If you have a significant mount of refundable left at the end of the cruise you will receive a check in about 3 weeks in a relatively discrete but not Princes labeled envelope, so do not throw out that junk mail without looking.

Can someone please provide the fax number for Princess for request OBC for stock ownership? I know it was posted so many times I searched but was not able to see it. Thank you In advanced

661-753-0180

All the shareholder benefit info is on the Carnival Corporate website:

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

(have to save the document from that link to see the address and phone numbers)

Can someone please provide the fax number for Princess for request OBC for stock ownership? I know it was posted so many times I searched but was not able to see it. Thank you In advanced

I purchased 100 shares on Friday and faxed the trade confirmation to CCL that same afternoon. I looked today and the $250 credit had already been added to our OBC account. Nice!

BTW, I used the older form with the already expired valid dates and it was accepted as others said it would be.

Thanks, CCL :D

I used the older form with the already expired valid dates and it was accepted as others said it would be.

No form is required anymore. Per the instructions linked above you can simply write your name, booking number, ship name and embarkation date on the proof of shares you fax in. I did exactly that and the OBC posted the same day as well.