My cabin is now connecting????

I had the same thing happen with booking independence.

I booked a non connecting room. Then it showed later as connecting. I called and they were able to move me. However I'm afraid now I won't kn ow for sure until we're on board.

It's a big deal to us too. We want a sofa not a loveseat and noise heard thru the door. Thsee are new cabins deck 12 forward.

Please will you explain to this befuddled Brit the difference between a loveseat and sofa?

A love seat is designed to hold two people [usually has two cushions]. However, it is small. [think really for 1.5 people] You will be sitting VERY close. A sofa usually has 3 cushions [or the equivalent] and fits up to 3 passengers.

I'm not doubting anyone's experiences but I can tell you we have stayed in connecting cabins where noise from the neighbors WAS a real issue. So much so that we avoid them if at all possible. Don't really care about the sofa vs loveseat as we really don't use it. Never thought about calling GS to get the door taped . Will have to do this if we ever get stuck in a connecting room and have noise issues.

If you have a connecting cabin and hear your neighbors, go to guest services and let them know; they'll have the door sealed with fabric tape on both sides. It makes a huge difference.

Agree. We have had adjoining cabins on several cruises. On one of them, we did experience a noisy neighbor. Very very very loud snoring at night. We made a complaint at Guest Services. Then our stateroom attendant put several layers on duck tape on both side of the door. This reduced about 90% of the noise.

a4fcdaa696479f1c7efe8d925e79d849.png

UPDATE-

Just spoke with big box TA who called RCI.

TA’s deck plans now show connecting which is consistent with what we see on RCI site. Apparently, when the cruise line updates their deck plans, TA’s automatically do the same. So, without the screen shot proof, it looked like I booked a connecting cabin and made this all up in my head.

When TA called RCI to confirm, they said their plans show the room as HC non-connecting????? After a long discussion, they were able to reassure it was neither HC or connecting...

Bottom line-Document everything and trust no one! I feel pretty good that the cabin is not connecting, but if by some chance, they put in a door and made it HC, I will have recourse.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums