My cabin is now connecting????

Adventure of the Seas Panoramic cabin 1876 was not connecting when booked it in June 2018 (pic on right). However now it shows as connecting (pic on left). I don’t want a connecting cabin and there are no more left for me to switch. I wanted to experience this cabin. Ughhhh. Anyone seen this before?

e2d15b79d5455d8c5767137007cd4405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I looked at all of my usual websites for deck plans. All of them show "not connecting". Where did you can the one that shows that it "is" connecting?

The Royal Carribean website/Ships/Adventure of the Seas/Deck Plans/Deck 12 - shows it’s now connecting.

Thanks.

That's odd - I've never seen that before. If it were me I'd try to switch to a non connecting cabin if yours is indeed connecting.

She said that there are no more left for switching.

Adventure of the Seas Panoramic cabin 1876 was not connecting when booked it in June 2018 (pic on right). However now it shows as connecting (pic on left). I don’t want a connecting cabin and there are no more left for me to switch. I wanted to experience this cabin. Ughhhh. Anyone seen this before?

e2d15b79d5455d8c5767137007cd4405.jpg

On what I call a very reliable site that shows deck plans it is not showing 1876/1878 as connecting but is showing 1880/1883 connecting and to be honest I trust their website a whole lot more than I do RCCL’s and it seems strange that they would of moved them down 2 cabins during the refit[emoji85]

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere

I would push the issue with RC. You specifically booked that cabin for the location and it being a non-connecting. Call C & A and see if they can do anything. I have read that they usually have extra cabins available, but possibly not in that area. I know others will probably jump on me, but I think they owe you something. OBC, bigger, better cabin with an acceptable location. Inwould be upset if I ended up booking something going by their pictures and now they changed it.

On what I call a very reliable site that shows deck plans it is not showing 1876/1878 as connecting but is showing 1880/1883 connecting and to be honest I trust their website a whole lot more than I do RCCL’s and it seems strange that they would of moved them down 2 cabins during the refit[emoji85]

I'm a slow typer so I was typing as you posted. I also just did the same and got the same results as you. I never look at Royals website if I can help it. Way to many mistakes. It looks like it isn't connecting from what I'm seeing.

The people in the cabin next to you requested to be connected....RCI is so accommodating that way so they put a door in.

Seriously though...This exact subject and the mistakes made on the deck plans has recently been discussed...That person hasn't returned to give feed back.

Hoping your cabin isn't connecting...it would upset me as I would never book one of these unless we were traveling with extended family and this option would work for us.

Best of luck and do come back and let us know the outcome.

Really not sure what the big deal is. We have had at least two cruises that had connecting cabins but I cannot remember which ones they were as there was no difference.

The big deal is that the cabin I booked was not connecting. Connecting cabins are notoriously louder than non-connecting ones. Having taken time to book early so that I carefully choose my cabin only to get something different may not be an issue to you, but it is for me!

I’m not new to RCI or cruising so I know what to expect.

I appreciate all the helpful comments.

Really not sure what the big deal is. We have had at least two cruises that had connecting cabins but I cannot remember which ones they were as there was no difference.

With a connecting cabin, you often get a love seat instead of a sofa, or a chair instead of a love seat, so along with more noise, it can make a difference

Apparently it's take-your-pick...

Shows it with a balcony and not connecting:

The diagrams that show it with a balcony and not connecting seem to be mislabeled diagrams of deck 12 of the Navigator OTS, where cabin 1876 really does have a balcony and is not connecting. The diagram that shows the cabins on deck 12 as not even existing seems to be old and shows deck 12 as it was before new cabins were added to the Adventure during the last dry dock. However, neither of those explains why it is sometimes shown as connecting and sometimes not.

The big deal is that the cabin I booked was not connecting. Connecting cabins are notoriously louder than non-connecting ones. Having taken time to book early so that I carefully choose my cabin only to get something different may not be an issue to you, but it is for me!

So you have had connecting cabins and had to put up with the noise? I was trying to say we have actually experienced connecting cabins and did not find them to be any louder than non-connecting. Sorry if you did not find that to be helpful.

Continue with your snit.

I’ve had connecting cabins and found them no noisier than any other. Seems the poster you replied to has had the same experience as me. YMMV but I genuinely think the ‘notoriously louder’ reputation is a beat up