Dining Assisgnment Question

magictam

My sister and I are sailing on the Koningsdam next month and have 2 reservations (myself & one sister, the other sister w/her DH). We have our bookings linked and were able to pirnt our boarding passes. That's when we found out we have 2 different dining assisgnments. I have early seating for 4. She has open seating. When I emailed my PCC, he's response was:"Hi Tammie – your sister had not booked through me, so I was only able to link your sailings together.

As long as one of you have the table request (you do) – they will be able to sit with you at your confirmed early dining."

Has anyone else ever encountered something like this before? Do we all just show up at my assigned dining time and will be seated together? I'm worried we're going to be turned away.

Thanks for any insights y'all might have.

My sister and I are sailing on the Koningsdam next month and have 2 reservations (myself & one sister, the other sister w/her DH). We have our bookings linked and were able to pirnt our boarding passes. That's when we found out we have 2 different dining assisgnments. I have early seating for 4. She has open seating. When I emailed my PCC, he's response was:"Hi Tammie – your sister had not booked through me, so I was only able to link your sailings together.

As long as one of you have the table request (you do) – they will be able to sit with you at your confirmed early dining."

Has anyone else ever encountered something like this before? Do we all just show up at my assigned dining time and will be seated together? I'm worried we're going to be turned away.

Thanks for any insights y'all might have.

I think that's a bunch of bunk. Even if your sister didn't use your TA, as long as you supply your sister's reservation # the TA can have them linked. At least it works that way on DCL.

I wouldn't "just show up together" either. If you're on traditional seating, you are already assigned to a specific table (either with others or just your party).

In my opinion, one more example of not using a HAL PCC to make a booking that requires links with other who book differently. Booking through a travel agent, such a situation can be easily resolved and the linked bookings will result in the guests' satisfaction.

My advice: upon embarking on your ship, all of you that are affected by this issue need to appear before the MDR Staff member who is dealing with table assignments. Usually, it will be an Assistant MDR Manager. Rarely, does the "main man/woman" appear at that time. If not satisfied, request to see the MDR. It's possible that your first night's dining arrangements will not be to your satisfaction.

Good luck!

I would contact the ship's services rep for Koningsdam (call the ship's services phone number and ask for the person's name and email addy). Then email that person with your reservation # as well as the other reservation # and ask for a table for four for all of you for early dining. I'd look at the map of K'dam's dining room and request a specific table if you're looking for something in particular beyond just the four of you sitting together. No reason this can't be resolved before you get on the ship. Good luck!

Thank you all for your suggestions. My thought too was to go see the matra 'd upon boarding. My sister didnt' you a TA or a PCC she booked directly off website.

The most amazing thing happened though. Just after I posted this she received an email from HAL telling her to check:

The following change(s) have been made to your reservation:

1) Dining Confirmation or Seating Changes.

Please login and reprint your Express Docs with the new information today.

When she went back into her Docs, it didn't show any changes. Hopefully it will update soon.

THANKS again.

Sounds like the sister did not pick the correct dining choice when doing the online booking.

If the e-mail that was received does not result in the proper dining assignment, she needs to call HAL and ask for the needed change.

I think that's a bunch of bunk. Even if your sister didn't use your TA, as long as you supply your sister's reservation # the TA can have them linked. At least it works that way on DCL.

I wouldn't "just show up together" either. If you're on traditional seating, you are already assigned to a specific table (either with others or just your party).

I agree with Shmoo. I've had our dining linked with friends who didn't book with the TA I used. No trouble at all with the booking #.

OP - Your plan to visit and confirm/fix the dining arrangements if necessary is a good one. Hopefully the dining changes have been made by HAL.

Hi all.

H

My sisters boarding pass never did change so she called HAL this evening. 2 people and an hour later she has confirmed dining time with. So happy we got that all settled before getting on the ship.

Thanks again for all your support and great suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums