Premium Deluxe Balcony vs. Deluxe Balcony

USCcruisecrazy

I was looking at the Deck Plans for the Sky Princess and it appears the Premium Deluxe Balconies are much larger than the Deluxe Balconies. Is that factual, or was it just the picture? In fact, those balconies appear to be bigger than the mini-suite balconies too. Can anyone verify that to be a true statement? Thanks in advance.

I was looking at the Deck Plans for the Sky Princess and it appears the Premium Deluxe Balconies are much larger than the Deluxe Balconies. Is that factual, or was it just the picture? In fact, those balconies appear to be bigger than the mini-suite balconies too. Can anyone verify that to be a true statement? Thanks in advance.

Nobody nows about the Sky yet.

On the Regal/Royal yes they were slightly bigger.

You can go to Princess web site and look at the deck plans for the Sky Princess and see the cabin sizes.

Thanks. That's what I looked at and it appears in the deck plans that there is a pretty good discrepancy between them. In fact, they look much larger for the Premium than even the mini-suites. Appreciate the words!

The interiors are almost all the same. It is the balcony size that makes the difference. For example. Premium Deluxe Balcony aft on deck 8 have approximately 200 sq ft. interior and 44 sq. ft. balcony. On deck 9 the same cabins have the same interiors but the balconies are double the size. A standard deluxe balcony will have right around 200 sq ft. interior with a 9' x 4' balcony, however some have larger balconies.

Princess partially reintroduced the “wedding cake” balcony design on the Majestic and the Sky. The Dolphin deck Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins forward and aft have significantly larger balconies like the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand class ships. Those balconies are significantly larger than the mini suite balconies which may be only 4’ deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess partially reintroduced the “wedding cake” balcony design on the Majestic and the Sky. The Dolphin deck Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins forward and aft have significantly larger balconies like the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand class ships. Those balconies are significantly larger than the mini suite balconies which may be only 4’ deep.

Awesome bit of information...exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

Frankly, I almost always get a balcony and couldn’t care less about it. I realize in the course of a month long cruise I spent less than an hour sitting there. I do it for the natural light and to check the temperature. Given this I really don’t care how big it is as long as there is room for a chair or two. I have had the huge balcony in one of the biggest suites and found I didn’t use it anymore. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 2:40 PM, IECalCruiser said:

Does this extra large balcony apply to the cabins just forward of these premium deluxe balconies. I am looking at deck plan for D709-D701 which is a standard balcony cabin, with the cabin portion  smaller than d711 but balcony size similar?

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, knbcruisers said:

Does this extra large balcony apply to the cabins just forward of these premium deluxe balconies. I am looking at deck plan for D709-D701 which is a standard balcony cabin, with the cabin portion  smaller than d711 but balcony size similar?

We were looking at D709 .  Seems close to elevator and not sure what the opening is across from it.  Any one stay in this cabin and your thoughts?  This is for Sky Princess.

Edited by skip1948
Added more

Premium Deluxe balconies are not always larger.  The balconies direct aft facing on Aloha, Caribe, Emerald are all really small....AND have no overhead coverage.   If you want pictures, do a search on this forum for "Exterior Sky Pictures".  We were on her in March.  She's very nice and we had a D731 for a portion of the cruise then were upgraded which is another story.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Sky in Oct 2019.  I had L301 a regular balcony,  BC category, 250 sq ft with an angled balcony.  Because the angled balcony it was bigger than a regular balcony.  This cabin very convenient to elevator, pool/tub, pizza, hamburger, bar,  buffet.

I LOVE the huge balconies that we are talking about.  In addition to looking at the balcony, it is important to understand the difference between Balcony (i.e. D702-D709 on Sky) vs. Deluxe Balcony (i.e D712-D725 on Sky.)  The regular balcony cabin  (but with the wonderful huge balcony) is the traditional balcony cabin set-up we have seen on every other Princess ship, with the desk on one side and the bar on the other side of the balcony door.  I would equate it with a Caribe balcony on Grand and Crown class ships.  While the Deluxe has a few more square feet, it has much less desk space, as the space is taken with a loveseat, with the bar and a very small desk across the room.  The feeling of size isn't so different, but the difference is whether you prefer a small sofa (deluxe balcony) or a large desk (balcony.)  Either way, definitely go for the large balcony.  And although I haven't sailed Sky, on Royal I did note that our Deluxe balcony had a far larger balcony than the mini-suites had.  I felt sorry for those poor people stuck in the mini-suites 😁

• Like 1