Worried about length of cruise

FSU Girl

That's the ship we're booked on. That's what I'm worried about that we'll find it too long and wish we were back on land by the end of it.
that's the ship we are also booked on, and I look forward to 10 days in a Caribbean paradise as opposed to cold, windy and rainy weather back home.

I currently have a 11 night Italy and Greek Isles cruise booked for my honeymoon next September. I'm worried about the length of the cruise. My Fiance has never been on a cruise longer than a week before. Do you think it would be better to switch to a week long cruise paired with a week somewhere in Europe or keep the 11 night?

As long as you don't have a more than 1 or 2 sea days it will be perfect. There is always plenty to do, even in the tiniest European ports. It's not like the Caribbean.

I currently have a 11 night Italy and Greek Isles cruise booked for my honeymoon next September. I'm worried about the length of the cruise. My Fiance has never been on a cruise longer than a week before. Do you think it would be better to switch to a week long cruise paired with a week somewhere in Europe or keep the 11 night?

I wouldn’t worry. Going from 7 to 10 days for us was barely any different. It was nice because by the time we unpack on a 7 day it feels like we’re just getting settled when it’s time to pack up again. Going on a 14 day now in November! Enjoy your time!

And... just saw you said he’s tall. My boyfriend is over 6 foot (not crazy tall) and we usually book a mini suite for cruises 10 days and over. The extra space is great for him. We book a balcony on the 7 days and upgrade if the difference isn’t much, the space is worth a few hundred to him.

I've done a 10 day cruise and I was ready to come back home.

If it's Europe, I would personally do a 7 day then hang out somewhere really nice in Europe and get to know it well. Who knows when you'll go back.

But, if you like to briefly get to know a place then go back at a future time, then the 11 day is the way to go.

I guess it all depends on the person.

I concur!! We did a European cruise two years ago...spent 7 nights seeing places like Barcelona and parts of Italy. Seven nights was plenty. We went back a year later, sans the cruise so that we could spend more time in the places we loved but were rushed to see. I think a 7 night cruise paired with the remainder on land, is a good compromise. Enjoy!

Since those 11 day cruises are a different port every day, you won't have much, if any, down time to just relax and read a book by the pool or anything. And after my wedding, we needed some REST.... we did a week on the beach, and then did a few weeks of other stuff with more activities and that was great for our needs. So I might consider going somewhere for at least a few days and staying somewhere nice and relaxing with great food and room service and relaxing without having the feeling of needing to rush from that one place. Then get on the cruise, and have a great time there. Weddings are stressful enough. Don't let this stress you out. YOu'll have fun either way.

I couldn't do a 3 day on an inside cabin myself...a balcony is my sweet spot..as far as port intensive, thinking I have to get off at every port and do something, just wears me out. I prefer a day or two on the ship when everyone is gone...empty ships are the best ships.

That said, do the longer cruise, enjoy your honeymoon.

I can’t last 3 hours in an inside.

We have a balcony room booked. I felt like the interior was a coffin when I did a 3 night and could never again

Balcony is our sweet spot, spend a bit of time in our cabin, even a porthole is too closed in, really struggle to justify anything higher up than a balcony.

Balcony is our sweet spot, spend a bit of time in our cabin, even a porthole is too closed in, really struggle to justify anything higher up than a balcony.

I'd love to book a Haven room, but it is 4 times the cost of the balcony and way out of our price range. Plus for such a port intensive cruise it seems like a waste since we'll barely be on the ship

My wife and I are on the same cruise only leaving October 24th. Our philosophy has been for what we pay for airfare and the time difference we opt for the longer cruises in fact we would be hard pressed to justify flying to Europe for 7 day cruise. I agree with other folks the time will fly there is so much to admire on this cruise great itinerary. We have done a few 14 day cruises and that is probably the longest we would do at this time.

The only cruise I thought was a bit too long was a transpacific- 23 days. 10-11 days sounds perfect. I agree with another poster to consider just walking around a few of the ports rather than booking excursions. You might want to start out later in the morning or get back early to enjoy the ship. Some of your ports have really interesting things close by in port.

I consider a 7 day to be a "short cruise." :D:D

I currently have an 11 night Italy and Greek Isles cruise booked for my honeymoon next September. I'm worried about the length of the cruise. My Fiance has never been on a cruise longer than a week before. Do you think it would be better to switch to a week-long cruise paired with a week somewhere in Europe or keep the 11 night?

DH and I had done mostly 7 day Caribean cruises until last year. I talked him into an 11 day British Isle cruise (it was a hard sell). We both really enjoyed it and now we have booked the 11 days one way to Hawaii trip. I think you will have a wonderful trip. enjoy the moment.

Port-intensive 11-day honeymoon? I well remember our honeymoon -- Sandals in the Bahamas. There were days we didn't leave the suite (wink, wink). Not sure we would have enjoyed a port-intensive, how-do-we-get-our-money's-worth cruise like that, but to each their own...

My wife and I are on the same cruise only leaving October 24th. Our philosophy has been for what we pay for airfare and the time difference we opt for the longer cruises in fact we would be hard pressed to justify flying to Europe for 7 day cruise. I agree with other folks the time will fly there is so much to admire on this cruise great itinerary. We have done a few 14 day cruises and that is probably the longest we would do at this time.

I agree 7 days to fly to Europe is too short. We are going for 2 weeks no matter what, just wasn't sure if we should do a week long cruise and a week on land instead of the 11 night. I did longer sailings as a kid with my parents, but since I turned 18 the longest I've done was 7 nights.

DH and I had done mostly 7 day Caribean cruises until last year. I talked him into an 11 day British Isle cruise (it was a hard sell). We both really enjoyed it and now we have booked the 11 days one way to Hawaii trip. I think you will have a wonderful trip. enjoy the moment.

We actually have a week long Disney British Isles cruise booked at the same time lol. Trying to decide which one to actually do. I need to be more like my Fiance who always says no matter where we go he'll have a great time because I'll be there.

The only cruise I thought was a bit too long was a transpacific- 23 days. 10-11 days sounds perfect. I agree with another poster to consider just walking around a few of the ports rather than booking excursions. You might want to start out later in the morning or get back early to enjoy the ship. Some of your ports have really interesting things close by in port.

I consider a 7 day to be a "short cruise." :D:D

Wow 23 days is a really long time! I think I would have gotten cabin fever lol. I do think some of the Greek Isles will be easy to do on our own so we can have an easier going exploration instead of a full day tour. I do love sleeping in :)

Port-intensive 11-day honeymoon? I well remember our honeymoon -- Sandals in the Bahamas. There were days we didn't leave the suite (wink, wink). Not sure we would have enjoyed a port-intensive, how-do-we-get-our-money's-worth cruise like that, but to each their own...

We aren't really beach people who like to lounge around. Even when we do Caribbean cruises we are rarely at the beach or pool. We'll definitely find some down time to relax and enjoy each other's company. But we've never been to Europe together so I think it'll be fun exploring new places together.

Wow 23 days is a really long time! I think I would have gotten cabin fever lol. I do think some of the Greek Isles will be easy to do on our own so we can have an easier going exploration instead of a full day tour. I do love sleeping in :)

We have done 28 & 29 days cruises and i thought they were too short..LOL, i agree with others here 7 day cruises in Europe are way too short for the amount of travel you have to do, I think OP will enjoy it and will want to go back :D

We have done 28 & 29 days cruises and i thought they were too short..LOL, i agree with others here 7 day cruises in Europe are way too short for the amount of travel you have to do, I think OP will enjoy it and will want to go back :D

Those are really long cruises! Maybe when we retire we can do one's that long. I am starting to think the 11 night is a good ease into a longer cruise from the normal 7 night. I do love Europe so we will definitely go back one day

I agree. I don't know if I would fly to Europe for a seven day cruise bracketed by 8-10 hour flights. I'd be exhausted by day two of the trip. I've taken long cruises like you. I really could care less about most ports. I have no problem enjoying an empty ship ... reading, people watching. I would even consider a cargo ship it I had the time. My next cruise is a trans Atlantic in just 2+ weeks. I plan on enjoying it regardless of what others like ... something I hope the originator of this thread will do as well.

I agree. I don't know if I would fly to Europe for a seven day cruise bracketed by 8-10 hour flights. I'd be exhausted by day two of the trip. I've taken long cruises like you. I really could care less about most ports. I have no problem enjoying an empty ship ... reading, people watching. I would even consider a cargo ship it I had the time. My next cruise is a trans Atlantic in just 2+ weeks. I plan on enjoying it regardless of what others like ... something I hope the originator of this thread will do as well.

This trip is for the ports not the cruise ship. Normally when we sail the Caribbean since we live in Florida we pick the ship we want to spend time on and sometimes don't get off. But Europe is such a far trip and we don't go often so the itinerary is the most important part. We have two weeks to spend in Europe, definitely not flying there and back in a week. I had thought about doing a transatlantic for the honeymoon, but there were almost no European ports so we decided against it.

33 is our longest so far, 35 next year.

Bucket list includes 77 Circle Pacific and 110 World Cruise.

I expect that will still be too short

We actually have a week long Disney British Isles cruise booked at the same time lol. Trying to decide which one to actually do. I need to be more like my Fiance who always says no matter where we go he'll have a great time because I'll be there.

I’m from the UK so may be bias but.... DO THE EUROPE CRUISE!

We are so tiny and it can be so cheap to get from one end to the other, mainland to islands, that I don’t see the benefit of cruising round (in potentially poopy weather). I just had a quick look at an itinerary for this Sep and I am certain that for what you would pay for a week with Disney, you could do at least a two-week DIY land/air-based trip easily! You could even add in some stops in mainland Europe or beyond and still be “quids in” as we say!! (for example we just booked flights UK-Iceland for the grand total of $50 return!)

If you’re that undecided about the 11 day cruise (which btw sounds like bliss to me - we did a 13 day TA last year and loved it so much we are going again this Nov) just to throw another option in, what about a Northern Europe/Scandinavian cruise? That is one region I think a cruise would be beneficial as it’s so expensive to eat/drink/stay in a lot of countries!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums