Baggage tags

JenOBRNC

HI there, this may be a stupid question, especially since I've been sailing for years but for some reason I didn't think of this before. How do our baggage tags not get torn off accidentally? With them just being cheap computer paper? I heard last week with all the rain, some of the ink wore off or was smeared off. Are we allowed to laminate the tags? I mean, do they (the baggage handlers) write on tags? We will also have our airline tags on the baggage and plan on labeling on inside too. We leave in 6 short hours so I'm hoping someone will know the answer or tells me their solution.

You can laminate them if you want. We have plastic sleeves we slide them into that attach to our luggage. Some people just cover the info side with a strip of clear packing tape to make it stronger.

Also, if you're flying in, wait to put the cruise tags on until AFTER you land and collect your bags from the airline Some people pack tape explicitly for this.

HI there, this may be a stupid question, especially since I've been sailing for years but for some reason I didn't think of this before. How do our baggage tags not get torn off accidentally? With them just being cheap computer paper? I heard last week with all the rain, some of the ink wore off or was smeared off. Are we allowed to laminate the tags? I mean, do they (the baggage handlers) write on tags? We will also have our airline tags on the baggage and plan on labeling on inside too. We leave in 6 short hours so I'm hoping someone will know the answer or tells me their solution.

Laminate is a good idea. We have plastic luggage tag holders and they work great.

We use tag holders too but before that, we would laminate with plastic tape. This last cruise we had a ton of bags and mostly had tag holders but my niece had a bag with no holder, so she stapled one tag. lo and behold that was the bag that did not show up. We just happened to be down near guest services and saw a bunch of bags lined up on the wall and found hers there. It was a generic, black duffle bag with shoes in it, but was still scary to think that the tag was ripped off and it was sitting there with a bunch of other bags. I guess they would have gone through them eventually to try to find the owner. I am almost positive she did not label the inside like I always do, she is 16 but now has learned to over label.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We use tag holders too but before that, we would laminate with plastic tape. This last cruise we had a ton of bags and mostly had tag holders but my niece had a bag with no holder, so she stapled one tag. lo and behold that was the bag that did not show up. We just happened to be down near guest services and saw a bunch of bags lined up on the wall and found hers there. It was a generic, black duffle bag with shoes in it, but was still scary to think that the tag was ripped off and it was sitting there with a bunch of other bags. I guess they would have gone through them eventually to try to find the owner. I am almost positive she did not label the inside like I always do, she is 16 but now has learned to over label.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes! That's exactly what I was worrying about! Thank you everyone! I laminated ours and also labeled inside the bags.

I used to use clear packing tape, fold them as you should then cover each side with the tape, use a hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the tag then use string to attach to my bags.

This last cruise, I went to amazon and found luggage tag holders and card holders with lanyards all in package deal. they came with wire connectors that work perfectly. the ziplock on them are pretty tough to get apart which is good and bad, its good because no one will take the time to mess with them that way but its a pain to mess with for yourself as well when trying to put the tags in. But all in all I would definitely recommend them