What alcohol do you purchase from the fun shops, to take home?

Joebucks

We are on the Fascination in December. Does anyone know if they deliver the evening before or the next morning? Would like to get some Bacardi. Or maybe it would be better to purchase in one of the ports? I am Canadian so can't buy as cheaply as in the US so I would think a good deal for us? Thanks guys.

I also used to stock up on Crown. But Carnival changed their policy several years ago to deliver to your cabin the night before debarkation, and I stopped. I heard they started delivering again (sales dropped significantly?), but now from last year to this year, they raised their prices by about 40% so I quit buying completely. Just not worth it any more.

I know alot of people like to say the savings aren't worth it, and sometimes it's not. In Miami you can get the 1L of Johnnie Black for around $40, that same bottle was over $80 when we visited Alabama once, so the prcies on the ship were amazing if that's what you have to pay.

That being said, our last trip was running 4/$100 Grey Goose Liters which is an AWESOME deal.

The only stuff I bother with is something I can not get at home. Sheridan's. I love it. On Islands I will sometimes pick up a favored rum if it catches my eye and I can't buy it at home.

We fly so weight is a issue and if we are not flying southwest I don't bring anything home.

Just got off the Pride on Sunday and they were delivering to the cabin the night before debarkation. This must be new (once again) since they didn't do it in April.

We didn't buy any this year so I don't know, but, I remember last year we were told by the guy at the fun shop that they wouldn't be delivering it anymore and we would have to pick it up. Fast forward to the last night, and lo and behold, our room steward knocks on our door and has our booze. So honestly, it's anyone's guess what the policy will be on your next cruise.

That being said, our last trip was running 4/$100 Grey Goose Liters which is an AWESOME deal.

We just bought the 4/$100 Grey Goose Liters last week on The Miracle. In port, they had them 2/$66. I thought it was a good deal on the ship. Delivered to our room on the last night of the cruise.

Does anyone know if they deliver the evening before or the next morning?

It depends on the length of the cruise.

From the Carnival web page -

All alcohol purchased in The Fun Shops onboard will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation for cruise durations 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

Me personally I've purchased Sheridan, rum chatta, jack Daniel's, Bacardi and a few I cant remember. I dont really drink much unless I'm on Vacation. So I barely ever touch any of the alcohol we bring back. We sometimes give them away as a "souvenir". Also the ship will beat the price of vendors in port along as you take a picture as proof.

It depends on the length of the cruise.

From the Carnival web page -

All alcohol purchased in The Fun Shops onboard will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation for cruise durations 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

That's good to know. Ours is 7 days so should get it the evening before. Thank you.