My folio is screwed up

mlmbar

Was on equinox 9/14. First time on celebrity and with elite status. Fabulous cruise! Got our bill and saw we were each charged for laundry. Looked at the elite perks and realized we got no invitations to any elite events. Called X and was asked if our CC numbers were on reservation. They were because when we sign in it says status elite. We got the elite upgrade when we booked that cruise and also next one booked at Future Cruises. Upon looking into matters, they found that on 9/11, someone at celebrity inadvertently changed our numbers to zero! So first cruise on Celebrity and we missed all perks. I know, they are not a big deal and certainly did not ruin our cruise but a real screw up

Gee... that's bad.

But I am not understanding why you didn't realize this on board...esp if missing the welcome letter in the cabin, no info about Elite breakfast, cocktail party, etc,

If you were able to convert to Elite from Diamond on Royal which it sounds like you did, didn't you know the perks you were expecting to receive???

Hope they refunded the laundry charges and gave you some future OBC...

I was told that the level is no longer on the sea pass card. I was in Aqua so I had perks from that and new to Elite so was not sure of the perks. I had just received Diamond status on my last cruise on RCI so was not familiar with having perks that mattered like teas, cocktail parties , etc. I assumed that I would just receive invitations. I knew we had laundry as a perk and was not too interested in the others.

What I mean by the upgrade, as Elite, I was told that I was upgraded from an A2 category to A1 which I was on this cruise and was also told that when I booked my next at Future Cruises

What I mean by the upgrade, as Elite, I was told that I was upgraded from an A2 category to A1 which I was on this cruise and was also told that when I booked my next at Future Cruises

You do not need to be Elite to get the one category upgrade. All Captain's Club members get the one category upgrade.

Sadly, you were told lots of things that aren’t correct.

Captain club status does show on the SeaPass cards. They check who can enter the Elite events by looking at the card.

There is no Elite-Specific upgrade. All members can get that upgrade.

To get the kaundry perk you have to put instructions on the bag of laundry. The laundry room staff don’t know you are Elite unless you tell them.

It is just a shame that you didn’t recognize the oversight whike you were still on the ship. Did you check your folio account on the tv or ask for a printout at Guest Relations or was this something you found out when you got home?

Sadly, you were told lots of things that aren’t correct.

Captain club status does show on the SeaPass cards. They check who can enter the Elite events by looking at the card.

There is no Elite-Specific upgrade. All members can get that upgrade.

To get the kaundry perk you have to put instructions on the bag of laundry. The laundry room staff don’t know you are Elite unless you tell them.

It is just a shame that you didn’t recognize the oversight whike you were still on the ship. Did you check your folio account on the tv or ask for a printout at Guest Relations or was this something you found out when you got home?

Agree with entire post. Good point on the laundry bag. The perk sheet for elite perks instructs you to print "Loyalty" on each laundry bag.

Agree with entire post. Good point on the laundry bag. The perk sheet for elite perks instructs you to print "Loyalty" on each laundry bag.

But the point is, they didn't get that perk sheet, so didn't know of the events, or to write Loyalty on the laundry sheet. EM

But the point is, they didn't get that perk sheet, so didn't know of the events, or to write Loyalty on the laundry sheet. EM

I realize the OP didn't receive an elite perk sheet. That's why I quoted "WestLakeGirl" and not the OP about the laundry perk. I was adding to what WestLakeGirl posted concerning the elite laundry perk and what is required to ensure anyone that is elite gets the laundry perk credit.

My question is, Who told the OP that the levels are not shown on the cards anymore?

I can’t imagine it would have been someone at guest relations. Because they certainly should know that the cards do show the Captains Club levels. So if the op said, well my card doesn’t have it, that would have been easily corrected, and the OP would have been referred to the Captains Club hostess ( or host ) to get it taken care of.

We did not get a perk sheet which we were used to getting on RCI. I knew nothing about putting loyalty in the laundry bag nor did guest relations tell me when I asked the price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question is, Who told the OP that the levels are not shown on the cards anymore?

I can’t imagine it would have been someone at guest relations. Because they certainly should know that the cards do show the Captains Club levels. So if the op said, well my card doesn’t have it, that would have been easily corrected, and the OP would have been referred to the Captains Club hostess ( or host ) to get it taken care of.

I was told by a celebrity person after I came home and saw my folio realizing that I was being charged for laundry after guest relations said one bag of wash and fold was allowed for each elite member. I had remembered seeing that before I left and it made packing easier As I said I had not received any sheet outlining perks and was unaware of some of them since I was new to celebrity. This cruise began very stressfully as hurricane Florence threatened to interrupt east coast flights so we left a day early and I was not concerned about elite perks at the time. I did not realize that elite was not on my card and was told, when I got home, that it is no longer on the card. Bottom line , I missed the opportunity to attend events because someone screwed up. I was finally told that three days before I left, my captain’s club number was deleted. No one knows how or why. So I went in the cruise as a nobody

We did not get a perk sheet which we were used to getting on RCI. I knew nothing about putting loyalty in the laundry bag nor did guest relations tell me when I asked the price

At least this point forward from the responses here on CC you will receive in your room waiting for you on the first day (just like RC) of your next cruise a sheet with all the elite perks, events, times and places. It is a Bummer that you didn't get the elite perk sheet and you missed out on the elite perks and was misinformed by some of the staff on your cruise. Does your elite status and points show when you sign in on Celebrity's website? I'd also call the C&A Society and make sure they show you as elite as well as diamond on RC. Better safe than sorry, as you now know from experience.

Edited by davekathy

Btw my folio was full of errors. I had three bar charges even though I had the premium package and drank nothing that wasn’t on it. I was charged two different charges for luggage valet , neither the correct price

At least this point forward from the responses here on CC you will receive in your room waiting for you on the first day (just like RC) of your next cruise a sheet with all the elite perks, events, times and places. It is a Bummer that you didn't get the elite perk sheet and you missed out on the elite perks and was misinformed by some of the staff on your cruise. Does your elite statue and points show when you sign in on Celebrity's website? I'd also call the C&A Society and make sure they show you as elite as well as diamond on RC. Better safe than sorry, as you now know from experience.

Yes, elite shows when I sign in. Likewise it shows diamond on the RCI site. Once I have these charges straightened out, I would like to contact someone else at celebrity to discuss this error Any idea who to contact?

Yes, elite shows when I sign in. Likewise it shows diamond on the RCI site. Once I have these charges straightened out, I would like to contact someone else at celebrity to discuss this error Any idea who to contact?

I would contact the Captains Club at 1-844-418-6824.

I would contact the Captains Club at 1-844-418-6824.

Thank you!! I called and we are each getting $50 OBC on the cruise we booked at Future Cruises. We are being called on Saturday by the man I originally spoke to about the mistaken charges to get credit card numbers to refund laundry, bar and luggage valet errors. They claim it was a computer glitch that removed our elite status and admitted that we boarded with no status

Thank you!! I called and we are each getting $50 OBC on the cruise we booked at Future Cruises. We are being called on Saturday by the man I originally spoke to about the mistaken charges to get credit card numbers to refund laundry, bar and luggage valet errors. They claim it was a computer glitch that removed our elite status and admitted that we boarded with no status

You're welcome. Right on! Glad to hear it all worked out for you. (y):cool:(y) Enjoy your future Celebrity cruise as an elite.