Birthday cake for Black member

Bobal

I will be celebrating my birthday in a few weeks time whilst onboard our first MSC cruise. We have been status matched to black and I see that one of the gifts is a cake if having a birthday onboard. Will they automatically see this from my records or do I have to inform someone when we board.

Thanks

We ended up enjoying a week of having a couple of cakes, some specially made desserts and a bottle of Moet served with a complimentary meal for 2 in Galaxy by the m'D - all because they forgot the cake on the right night. Mind you, this was in YC and a wonderful concierge made sure that the oversight was made up - for the remaining 5 nights onboard! :p

The experience I outlined in YC was for an anniversary - our TA had informed MSC that we were celebrating our anniversary on that particular cruise. IIRC, the inclusion of a cake was noted on our tickets.

Last year, we celebrated DH's birthday onboard; again, MSC was given a heads-up - I wouldn't leave anything to chance with MSC! :rolleyes: Again, this appeared on our tickets under the heading "Gift Voucher".

Has anyone had their birthday on the day of disembarkation? Did you still get a cake during the cruise?

My daughter's upcoming birthday is on our disembarkation day. I was assuming I could simply ask someone for the cake the night before. Maybe I should have our TA note it for the date we want it?

Very interesting. We are travelling with my parents next week to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. Will MSC mark the occasion in any way, ( if we tell them of the date) or is it just that we would purchase something like a cake onboard? Thanks for your help.