Hawaii

ROYALBOY

What, when and where is the roundtrip for 2019? :D

I have been looking at B2B's (Vancouver to Hawaii and back to Vancouver...or vice versa) and wondering if that is allowed with all the positioning laws. Anyone know?

I'm on the April 17th and 29th Vancouver to Hawaii and Hawaii back to Vancouver. Prices came down and I booked.

I have been looking at B2B's (Vancouver to Hawaii and back to Vancouver...or vice versa) and wondering if that is allowed with all the positioning laws. Anyone know?

Oct 27, 2019 15 days round-trip from LA, when the Eclipse returns from Hawaii she will stop 1 day at Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

I'm on the April 17th and 29th Vancouver to Hawaii and Hawaii back to Vancouver. Prices came down and I booked.

Oct 27, 2019 15 days round-trip from LA, when the Eclipse returns from Hawaii she will stop 1 day at Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Thank you both!!! :)

Oct 27 Los Angeles

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.........I have been looking at B2B's (Vancouver to Hawaii and back to Vancouver...or vice versa) and wondering if that is allowed with all the positioning laws. Anyone know?
That would be fine. There is no PVSA violation doing the one-way in either direction, or doing both legs as a round trip, because Vancouver is not a US port.

It would be illegal to do a one-way LA-HNL or HNL-LA because both are US ports.

The stop in Ensenada would not be sufficient in that case because Ensenada is classified as a "nearby" foreign port, so Ensenada does not satisfy the "distant" foreign port requirement necessary for a trip that begins and ends at two different US ports.

In other words, the prohibition is on transporting passengers between two different US ports.

What matters is where you initially board the ship, and where you finally disembark.

You are not legally permitted to board at one US port and disembark at a different US port, unless the ship stops at a "distant" foreign port in between them.

(That is why those Panama Canal cruises between the east and west coasts are legal. They stop at at least one "distant" foreign port along the way.)

This is fine because it is a round trip LA cruise, not a one-way,

(i.e., it brings the passengers back to disembark at the same port where they originated).

The stop at Ensenada is all that is needed in this case because Ensenada satisfies the "nearby" foreign port stop requirement for a round trip from a US port.

It can all be quite confusing when encountering the PVSA restrictions for the first time, especially if you have the misfortune of finding out that the cruise you booked is illegal at the last minute, which is how we came to learn more than we ever wanted to know about the PVSA, many years ago.

Edited by varoo

See you onboard Charles !!! Also consider that the very next day after the Eclipse arrives back in Vancouver the Edgified Millennium starts its Alaska season out of Vancouver.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

. . .

In other words, the prohibition is on transporting passengers between two different US ports.

What matters is where you initially board the ship, and where you finally disembark.

You are not legally permitted to board at one US port and disembark at a different US port, unless the ship stops at a "distant" foreign port in between them.

(That is why those Panama Canal cruises between the east and west coasts are legal. They stop at at least one "distant" foreign port along the way.)

And, as I learned when we were preparing for our first Panama Canal transit, ports in North America and Central America are considered "nearby" foreign ports, hence our half-day port call in Cartagena, Colombia (South America) to satisfy the "distant" foreign port requirement. (Some Canal cruises use the the ABC islands for this purpose.)