AARP Gift Cards

Liza11

I just ordered 2 $500 Gift Cards from AARP for our up coming cruise in November. Does anyone know how long it takes to get them. I saw in one post they are mailed and require a signature do they come regular mail or UPS.

I just ordered 2 $500 Gift Cards from AARP for our up coming cruise in November. Does anyone know how long it takes to get them. I saw in one post they are mailed and require a signature do they come regular mail or UPS.

As a rule the $100 cards come regular mail and the $500 cards come UPS.

Not true. Sign up for a UPS account online and you can opt out of signing for packages. Very easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

You can also use your online account to change delivery. For no charge, you can have it delivered to a UPS store location. There is one close to where I work so that is the option I take. It may not be convenient for those who do not have one close by. Also, with the UPS account, you get email alerts from UPS including a tracking link, whenever you have any package that will be delivered by them and alerts if there will be a delay. The account I use is free.

You can also use your online account to change delivery. For no charge' date=' you can have it delivered to a UPS store location. There is one close to where I work so that is the option I take. It may not be convenient for those who do not have one close by. Also, with the UPS account, you get email alerts from UPS including a tracking link, whenever you have any package that will be delivered by them and alerts if there will be a delay. The account I use is free.[/quote']

This works out great for me also because deluxe rewards doesn't send any tracking information. Also UPS always comes to my house when I am at work so sending it to a UPS store is safe and convenient.

Just a tip .. if you have a UPS My Choice Account, you can track your package with it. You can also sign for it if you know you can’t be there on delivery....IF it is safe for them to leave packages on your door where you live.

Not true. Sign up for a UPS account online and you can opt out of signing for packages. Very easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

This doesn't make what the person you quoted said untrue. Yes you can opt out of signing for them but they are shipped initially with a signature required for the $500 cards. And if you've had problems with deliveries before through UPS, that option may not be available. I opt to pick mine up from the UPS distribution center since there is one very close to my house.

Does anyone know if the balance left from a giftcard goes on your onboard account?

Say I owe $349.17 on my cruise and use a $500 carnival gift card to pay it. Does the 'change' stay on my account for that booking?

I have 4 cabins booked and aarp is out if the $100 cards. I was wondering if I'd be able to use some $500 cards and use the change to pay off the other ones. All 4 cabins only have small amounts left on them.

Does anyone know if the balance left from a giftcard goes on your onboard account?

Say I owe $349.17 on my cruise and use a $500 carnival gift card to pay it. Does the 'change' stay on my account for that booking?

I have 4 cabins booked and aarp is out if the $100 cards. I was wondering if I'd be able to use some $500 cards and use the change to pay off the other ones. All 4 cabins only have small amounts left on them.

The unused balance will remain on the card. Then you can use it to pay on the other cabins.

The change will stay on the card. You can bring that card with you and put it on your onboard account. Or use the balance towards other things (fun shop purchases, excursions).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

After you sign in, go to the Rewards for Good section. There's a link for Rewards Catalog, then click on Gift Cards. Once you have enough of the points accumulated from the quizzes, you can redeem then for 10% off the cards. Looks like they are out of the $100 value but there are $500 available; they will generally restock the lower value ones within a few days.