TA or RCCL

Personally we like using a TA and have found a really good one. Any changes I need to make or questions I send him a quick email and it's done right away. A good TA will also be more than willing to work out any issues that arise with Royal and it saves me from having to call. Plus we've always gotten a little bit of extra OBC usually. The one downside which isn't one to me is that you have to go through the TA rather than calling Royal directly for payments, room moves, etc. Some like to have total control over their cruise which booking direct gives you. It really comes down to a matter of preference.

Planning a family cruise on Harmony February 2020. Price with on line TA and RC are about the same right now. TA gives a bit more OBC. This has probably been asked before but looking for opinions on which way to book

I'd only go with the TA if you know them to be reputable..

I have used a local TA since 2002 and any room changes, price drops, I can contact her office and it is taken care of. As mentioned others will tell you they prefer to book directly with a cruise line and get someone immediately while booking with a TA you could lose a change or price drop if over a weekend. For me, I rarely change rooms since I book early and get the room of choice. If a problem were to occur, my TA is right there to get the problem resolved. A TA won't be able to get you a lower price but can offer you other incentives. The important thing, if your happy with your booking that is main thing.

Personally we like using a TA and have found a really good one. Any changes I need to make or questions I send him a quick email and it's done right away. A good TA will also be more than willing to work out any issues that arise with Royal and it saves me from having to call. Plus we've always gotten a little bit of extra OBC usually. The one downside which isn't one to me is that you have to go through the TA rather than calling Royal directly for payments, room moves, etc. Some like to have total control over their cruise which booking direct gives you. It really comes down to a matter of preference.
Thank you. It's always been just my DH and myself on Royal. This time way more complicated

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

I have used a local TA since 2002 and any room changes, price drops, I can contact her office and it is taken care of. As mentioned others will tell you they prefer to book directly with a cruise line and get someone immediately while booking with a TA you could lose a change or price drop if over a weekend. For me, I rarely change rooms since I book early and get the room of choice. If a problem were to occur, my TA is right there to get the problem resolved. A TA won't be able to get you a lower price but can offer you other incentives. The important thing, if your happy with your booking that is main thing.
Thank you great advice

I book with RCI directly. The only exception is when we have our family cruise. 30 plus people. Then we book through a TA. It just makes life easier. They take care of collecting payments, dinner times, linking reservations etc.

Thank you. It's always been just my DH and myself on Royal. This time way more complicated

If you have a "complicated" cruise, I'd book with a TA that you know and can trust to take care of you. If you simply find a random TA and book for OBC, you may genuinely regret it.

It's really up to you. We unfortunately had a bad experience with trying to obtain a refund on a cruise booked on RCI by a TA (due to no fault of our TA, though - I can expound more if you guys are interested because it is a long story - haha!). So, just be aware that if you book via a TA it may be hard to get a customer service agent at RCI to actually talk to you instead of the TA if you have an issue. Otherwise, I'd agree, if it's a complicated itinerary, it may be worth it to let someone else do the leg work of getting you booked. :) Have fun!

Every time without exception, on several different cruise lines including RCI, we get a better deal from our TA (whom we've used for over 10 years) than booking directly, . Of course, the shorter and cheaper the cruise, the less the benefit, which has usually been increased OBC (it's ranged from $25-250/pp) and a cheaper price.

This subject pops up about every couple of weeks and the responses are always the same. Do what feels right for you. After saying that: We've booked 46 cruises, all through an online agencies, and 0 problems. I've never had a problem getting price reduction although they were rare, changing cabins, or anything else. Except for one occasion that I can remember, the perks above and beyond what you get from the cruise line has been at least 10% of what we paid, and that included the port charges and fees. Like someone mentioned, the freebies are determined by amount paid, we always book balconys or higher, so the grand total is significant.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We are multiple families so I think I am going to go with a TA that I know. It does make sense because the families will all be coming from different locations and the TA will help me coordinate it all....guess it was a no brainier after all. Again thanks.

floridafunlady, let me add when considering using a TA, ask them questions. 1. On any payment made, do they call into the cruise line, your requested payment or do they charge back to their office and send in the payment. Important, that they call a cruise line to authorize them to make a payment. Request an updated invoice when payments or changes are made. 2. Do they charge a fee for cancellations, changes to your booking ( cabin change, price drops ) Sadly some have experienced bad TA's which hurt the honest and excellent ones.

floridafunlady, let me add when considering using a TA, ask them questions. 1. On any payment made, do they call into the cruise line, your requested payment or do they charge back to their office and send in the payment. Important, that they call a cruise line to authorize them to make a payment. Request an updated invoice when payments or changes are made. 2. Do they charge a fee for cancellations, changes to your booking ( cabin change, price drops ) Sadly some have experienced bad TA's which hurt the honest and excellent ones.
Thank you. I will follow that advice