Cancel for any REASON INSURANCE

Kudos2Fly

Question I'm sure this has been asked, so forgive me if I'm asking it again. But my computer is SO SLOOOOW that searching this is impossible. Looking to get one built soon, but it can't come soon enough. Anyways, we have a family member VERY attached to a dog that is in his upper years and had a health scare not to long ago.

Now the family member is a bit gun shy on going anyplace that he can't drive back to in case the dog has a turn for the worst. Well we are planning an cruise with family members in April 2019. My question is there ANY companies that TRULY cancel for any REASON?

I did a bit of looking and they don't cover Pet death. Probably many on here can see a PET is like a Family member. I also have a cat that is up there in years, but have a different take on it. But this family member doesn't. We want him to book, but also want to feel he has options. Even if it costs a bit.

Does anyone on here no of any companies the truly cancel for any reason?

Check the insurance offered through whatever cruise line your traveling on - some of them offer full credit towards another future cruise if you cancel. Their medical and evacuation coverage is usually too low for many people, but it is a way to recover your cruise cost if you decide to cancel.

Check the insurance offered through whatever cruise line your traveling on - some of them offer full credit towards another future cruise if you cancel. Their medical and evacuation coverage is usually too low for many people, but it is a way to recover your cruise cost if you decide to cancel.

Probably the worst place to look for travel insurance.

...I did a bit of looking and they don't cover Pet death.

Whatever you looked at, was not cancel any reason. NO REASON is need to file claim. What I don't understand is the "slow" computer excuse. First time I booked a cruise and bought travel insurance I was using a dial up phone modem.

Giving you a "future cruise credit" is hardly "recovering your cruise cost."

And some of them only cover a percentage of the cost in their "cancel for any reason" coverage.

Many policies (not cruise lines) allow you to upgrade your coverage to include cancel for any reason but it drastically increases the cost of the policy.

1) It costs a lot more.

2) In many cases you have a limited time after booking to buy the insurance.

3) The ones I have seen only pay 75% of cruise fare.

4) Shop around.

I seldom cover the cruise fare. I figure I spent the money, and it is gone. I get coverage for the unexpected things that could cost a lot, like medical emergency, medical evacuation, etc.