Ship specific threads

we b cruzin

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or not looking in the right place....before the CC change-over I could go to the NCL thread and once there, there was a list of ships on the right hand side of the page. I could then click on "Pride of America" and it would take me to a thread with posts specific to the Pride of America. Now, there is a list of ships above the thread but when I click on Pride of America it just gives me a normal search of ALL threads that contain any, or some of, the words Norwegian, of, Pride, America and so forth.

While all the posts about NCL are interesting I would like to once again be able to look at posts specific to the Pride of America...any help out there?

I reported this previously to an admin and got an email back about how they were working on correcting the roll calls.  I don't think they understood.  Not going to fight it.  I have yet to see how the new system is an improvement (other than maybe the ability to attached pictures, etc.).

12 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

I found ship-specific threads ABOVE the message boards. The links seem to work too.

You may want to look again.  When I click on the link for Norwegian Dawn it lists every post with either Norwegian OR Dawn. not exclusive to the specific ship at all.

3 hours ago, we b cruzin said:

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or not looking in the right place....before the CC change-over I could go to the NCL thread and once there, there was a list of ships on the right hand side of the page. I could then click on "Pride of America" and it would take me to a thread with posts specific to the Pride of America. Now, there is a list of ships above the thread but when I click on Pride of America it just gives me a normal search of ALL threads that contain any, or some of, the words Norwegian, of, Pride, America and so forth.

While all the posts about NCL are interesting I would like to once again be able to look at posts specific to the Pride of America...any help out there?

Hmm. I thought that was the list for specific ships not a search.

Edited by NMLady

The search feature is all messed up.  Partly bc the search index is still running and will likely continue for a few more days.

I tied Norwegian AND Dawn and it's including "and" in the search.  I thought boolean worked here bc it suggested I try AND OR.  But it does not.  A search for Norwegian Bliss yielded 7 pages of results but for Norwegian AND Bliss, it yielded 294 pages.  It should have been less, not more.  For what it's worth, Norwegian OR Bliss also yielded 7 pages of results.  SMH.

Glad I found this thread.  I haven't been on for a few days & thought something was screwy or that I was loosing my mind, which ran away a long time ago.  I had the same issue when I looked for threads for the Getaway & everything. 😒

8 hours ago, GeroWA said:

Whilst we're talking about the new format of the website, can anyone tell me how we can change change/alter our signature now?

At the top right, click on your name and then Account Settings.  On the left you'll see Signature.  BUT, there are new requirements and you'll have to make it fit to 6 lines.  If you do nothing, you can keep it as is but once you attempt to edit, you must adhere to new requirements. 

On 10/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, NMLady said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve been looking for post specific to Pride of America as we’re thinking of cruising on this ship and are new to NCL. Hopefully the powers that be at CC can fix this.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:11 PM, Gampy1967 said:

You may want to look again.  When I click on the link for Norwegian Dawn it lists every post with either Norwegian OR Dawn. not exclusive to the specific ship at all.

Yes, exactly what I noticed. It's very annoying

The ship-specific links are simply search shortcuts.  In the course of doing the upgrade, they improperly coded them compared to how they worked previously.  The good news is it's pretty easy to replicate the functionality of the old links.

1. Find the Search bar at the top right of the page under your user name.  Note this is different than the search bar that's always present at the top of the page.

2. Enter a one-word name of the ship you want to search for (i.e. Pride, Bliss, Epic).

3. Under "Search In", make sure to select "This Forum".

This will return a list of results equivalent to how the previous ship-specific links worked.

16 hours ago, timf2001 said:

The ship-specific links are simply search shortcuts.  In the course of doing the upgrade, they improperly coded them compared to how they worked previously.  The good news is it's pretty easy to replicate the functionality of the old links.

1. Find the Search bar at the top right of the page under your user name.  Note this is different than the search bar that's always present at the top of the page.

2. Enter a one-word name of the ship you want to search for (i.e. Pride, Bliss, Epic).

3. Under "Search In", make sure to select "This Forum".

This will return a list of results equivalent to how the previous ship-specific links worked.

Thank you.  This works. ( And remember to click "This Forum".)

I hope they fix all the problems with this "new and improved"  model soon.  I prefer the old one.

I hope so too although you can type in a search it’s not very helpful  especially when your boat is call getaway, as that word is used a lot on top of that scrolling over and over through roll call after roll call isn’t helpful. ! I also want to see generic groups which are not ship specific but line specific; I learnt so many things I didn’t even know to search for this way before.