Go Best

buds49

35 minutes ago, X2tgibso said:

Can you add it after you book if it didn’t come with your rate?  First time with Celebrity so I’m clueless 😳

You won't be able to add it after the fact. But, as long as you are outside of final payment there is no penalty to you for cancelling and rebooking with it included. 

In our case we were able to add Go Best after booking but before final payment. I was doing a dummy booking to check prices and Go Best came up with a good price so I called our travel agent and added it. Our original booking had classic drink package and paid gratuities. I was going to upgrade to premium and buy an internet package anyway so the Go Best wasn't that much more. 

On 10/17/2018 at 8:13 PM, youwash said:

In our case we were able to add Go Best after booking but before final payment. I was doing a dummy booking to check prices and Go Best came up with a good price so I called our travel agent and added it. Our original booking had classic drink package and paid gratuities. I was going to upgrade to premium and buy an internet package anyway so the Go Best wasn't that much more. 

So did you add it or cancel original booking and rebook new one with it.  I ask because we can’t rebook.  I made a rookie mistake and booked with the non-refundable deposit so I don’t think I have that option.

The travel agent just added it. We did not cancel and rebook. Sorry I didn't make it clear when I was trying too. Was super simple I called her and said what I was seeing and the price and she looked it up and said she had the same thing and she did whatever to add or change to the reservation and sent me a new invoice. 

I've added it post-deposit with no issues. To me the Go Best package is a no-brainer because I'll definitely use everything it includes. So I try to book when they're running the 1 perk + money off promotion & then upgrade to Go Best.

I think your TA was given some bad information. They can definitely call X & have them upgrade you to the Go Best package without canceling your current reservation. I'd contact them again & ask them to call X to make the change on your behalf.

If you are booked on a resident or senior discount fare, limited time fare such as Xciting deals, or in an inside cabin then GoBig, Better, Best cannot be combined with your booking. Also certain sailings are excluded - most notably Transatlantics, Transpacifics, repositioning cruises and full ship charters.  In most cases agency promotional group fares ARE able to have GoBig, Better, Best added.  If you are currently booked at GoBig or Better your agent can add GoBetter or GoBest anytime up until roughly 2 weeks or so prior to departure. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

On 10/26/2018 at 8:32 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

If you are booked on a resident or senior discount fare, limited time fare such as Xciting deals, or in an inside cabin then GoBig, Better, Best cannot be combined with your booking. Also certain sailings are excluded - most notably Transatlantics, Transpacifics, repositioning cruises and full ship charters.  In most cases agency promotional group fares ARE able to have GoBig, Better, Best added.  If you are currently booked at GoBig or Better your agent can add GoBetter or GoBest anytime up until roughly 2 weeks or so prior to departure. 

I think that must be the case for me.  I’ve got a great rate so I’m not complaining and we’ll gladly add a non-alcoholic drink package.  I figure I can enjoy an occasional drink in Michaels Club.  You guys have been so helpful and nice to this newbie!  June 2019 can’t get here quick enough!

1 hour ago, X2tgibso said:

I think that must be the case for me.  I’ve got a great rate so I’m not complaining and we’ll gladly add a non-alcoholic drink package.  I figure I can enjoy an occasional drink in Michaels Club.  You guys have been so helpful and nice to this newbie!  June 2019 can’t get here quick enough!

You can always buy drink packages when you board - just not the 'Go Best' package as a whole.  You can also buy internet packages onboard.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:26 PM, X2tgibso said:

I'm stumped.   When I asked my TA about it, he said I'd have to rebook and it would be over $2000 more.  Should I just call Celebrity and try it on my own?  Would they let me since I booked through TA?

For my upcoming Dec cruise, the difference between resident rate and Go Best is $2000 (total) for a sky suite.  

1 hour ago, royalcruz said:

If the TA got you into one of their group rates, the price difference for BEST can be huge!

TA promotional group rates ARE combineable with the current national offer (Big/Better/Best) that is available as of the date the client books into the group, just like any regular booking. 

For example if I book someone into a Group today they would get the "World is Open" GoBetter offer that is currently running.  As GoBetter under this sale is the "base" offer a group rate booking could be upgraded to GoBest for $45 guest per day, just like any other res currently being booked under the World is Open promo.  If the current base offer were GoBig they could pay the $15/day to upgrade to GoBetter, or the $45 to GoBest, just like on any other res.  Not all categories on a given sailing will be available at a  group rate, as agencies only are allowed to "lock-in" a certain # of rooms, and only do select categories (their choice based on what they think they can sell/or Celebrity allows for promotional groups)  

The key here is the # of "perks" at the "base" offer Celebrity is giving to regular bookings as of the day the booking is made by the client - NOT when the group was created by the agency.  Some less experienced agents are not aware that the Big/Better/Best can be added to group rates.

Group rates are not combineable with resident, senior, exciting Deals, etc, just like those rates don't combine with Big/Better/Best

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

TA promotional group rates ARE combineable with the current national offer (Big/Better/Best) that is available as of the date the client books into the group, just like any regular booking. ... 

The key here is the # of "perks" at the "base" offer Celebrity is giving to regular bookings as of the day the booking is made by the client - NOT when the group was created by the agency.  Some less experienced agents are not aware that the Big/Better/Best can be added to group rates.....

Also, promos can be switched out for better new promos too if the TA calls Celebrity! 🙂

So from what you are saying they changed the policy since the last time I tried to upgrade group reservations from BETTER to BEST (it has been a couple of years). That is very good to know! For people who like the premium drinks package it could work out to be good value.