Adventure OTS, 13 Night Snowbird Migration Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale Oct. 8, 2018

twangster

I always try to sit on the left side of the plane when flying out of FLL airport for great views of Port Everglades.

Allure of the Seas was in port today.

1523029764_Day14PEV-1.jpg.fdafb4a337d39fc4a707fcac0f3164a1.jpg

597869068_Day14PEV-2.jpg.c7ea86d60b77e37e4b6ebcb258b1ab3a.jpg

454259844_Day14PEV-3.jpg.678b2740da90d4686309c4b3fa965ac4.jpg

Adventure of the Seas on the left, Nieuw Amsterdam in the middle and Allure of the Seas on the right.  The Carnival Conquest was also in port but not in the picture.  You can see how close Port Everglades is to FLL airport which is right above Allure.

Day 14 PEV-4.jpg

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Gotcha, I just was thinking of the earlier post where you anticipated less crowds.

Diamond and Viking Crown Lounges were still busy, no seats available.  Maybe not as busy as other nights but close.  It certainly didn't feel like an empty ship.  I'm guessing a few hundred disembarked in Port Canaveral.

Cruise Compasses for this cruise are attached to this post.

I've included all original daily cruise compasses plus two alternate cruise compasses for the two days impacted by last minute changes.

Adventure 13 Nt Snowbird Canada-NE CC. Oct 8 2018.PDF

Edited by twangster

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review of this entire cruise with your terrific pictures and great commentary.  The cruise compasses will come in handy as we plan our time for this same itinerary in October 2019.  So much valuable insight.

Enjoyed your summary as well.  Have a great time on your next leg of cruising!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 7:39 AM, sisocialworker said:

did you get the drink package? how much was it?

I did not get the drink package.  It was on sale prior to the cruise and $57 onboard (plus 18% gratuity).  Thirteen days of drinking is a fair bit for me.  Having access to diamond happy hour was enough for me and even that was venturing into the drink fatigue zone after 13 nights.  

I bought a handful of drinks and paid per drink for them.  I think my bar bill was around $72 for the two weeks.  i also bought drinks off the ship while in port and with a port intensive cruise like this there was less opportunity to leverage a drink package to it's potential.  I like to sample local food and beverages at each stop.

I've read that drink packages will increase in price in 2019 so don't count on that $57 price onboard next year.  It will likely be more in 2019.  

Just a quick question please. Was there a cut off time to board the ship on that first night (overnight)in Quebec City? Some have said that you had to be onboard by 4:30pm or had to use a hotel ? Very concerned about this as most flights I'm looking at come into YQB arriving after 4:00pm .

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just a quick question please. Was there a cut off time to board the ship on that first night (overnight)in Quebec City? Some have said that you had to be onboard by 4:30pm or had to use a hotel ? Very concerned about this as most flights I'm looking at come into YQB arriving after 4:00pm .

I'm sorry I can't answer that accurately.  It was a few minutes shy of 6pm when I re-boarded and noticed people checking in.  There were maybe 30 to 40 going through security that I had to queue with.  I don't know if they were Air2Sea or not. 

They were definitely checking in at that hour but I don't if there were extenuating circumstances.  

I understand about the flight times which got me looking at the day prior and eventually looking at Montreal.  

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure you'll be here on the Symphony before that. 😉

Did many really get off in PC?

About 400 people got off. It was supposed to be no luggage assistance, but so many got off they did a regular disembarkation with luggage assistance and customs. They took everyones sea pass too. We refused to give it up, so had to go to guest services to get a duplicate to give up.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:34 PM, twangster said:

I'm sorry I can't answer that accurately.  It was a few minutes shy of 6pm when I re-boarded and noticed people checking in.  There were maybe 30 to 40 going through security that I had to queue with.  I don't know if they were Air2Sea or not. 

They were definitely checking in at that hour but I don't if there were extenuating circumstances.  

I understand about the flight times which got me looking at the day prior and eventually looking at Montreal.  

The first day they did not do Muster call so I don't think you had to be onboard until Tuesday for the all aboard in the afternoon.

Only just found out about this thread tonight when reading your Symphony postings. Great review and amazing photos! We were also on this cruise and didn’t see some of what you saw so it was great to see it all through your eyes. 

Thanks again for the great review and enjoy your TA cruise on Symphony. 

Jenni

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, inforthethrill said:

My husband and I are booked for 2019 as well. We are 30/36 years old. We are used to the crowd being older as we have done lots of Med/Greek cruises with similar demographics. How much of the "choppy" water do you think was just "normal" vs the tropical storm? 

See you on board!  We’re 56/63 😊

On this particular sailing we had the remnants of Hurricane Michael a couple hundred miles away from us.  I think they were preparing in case it was worse than it actually was.  Other than that there isn’t anything about this itinerary that is any different than any other cruise.  

3 hours ago, chadmom said:

Did you have a wi-fi package? We’re trying to decide if we need it.

I did but I was working and blogging.  One day near the Gulf of St Lawrence Voom and Satellite TV was out.  

I have Tmobile so I get LTE data in Canada and the US.  This is absolutely a cruise you can do without Voom if you have coverage in Canada and don’t need to be connected at sea at night.  It’s port intensive so if I didn’t need Voom to run my business I wouldn’t feel the need to buy Voom.  

4 hours ago, inforthethrill said:

My husband and I are booked for 2019 as well. We are 30/36 years old. We are used to the crowd being older as we have done lots of Med/Greek cruises with similar demographics. How much of the "choppy" water do you think was just "normal" vs the tropical storm? 

3 hours ago, chadmom said:

See you on board!  We’re 56/63 😊

I’ve booked 2019 as well.   See you both on board.  I really enjoyed this cruise and look forward to doing it again in 2019.  

• Like 1

Twangster,

I missed the original postings of your review.  I'm really grateful that it has been brought up again. I was able to spend a quiet snowy Sunday morning and I really enjoyed your stunning pictures and your great narrative.  You give out great information about local history and places and have a great eye for bringing it all visually on screen.  I'm in Moncton NB, this is so close to several of the ports you visited. (Charlottetown 1h30min drive from here, Halifax, 2h30min, Saint john 1h30min) and go there several time a year.  I was in Québec city several times in the last few years.  But you managed to find spots and imagery that I've not seen and makes me want to pay closer attention the next time I'm in any of those places.

Thank you for your wonderful review and I wish you many more great cruises so I can follow along again.

dp

• 2 months later...