Ruby Princess MUTS with 7.1 surround sound?

Cinerama

From the Princess web site

"... Movies Under the Stars®, now with the industry's best 7.1 surround sound for an immersive audio experience,"

I don't think so. That would require three channels in the front, I only see speakers on the sides of the screen, and the rest of the speakers around the ship would only have surround sound.

5 minutes ago, Cinerama said:

From the Princess web site

"... Movies Under the Stars®, now with the industry's best 7.1 surround sound for an immersive audio experience,"

I don't think so. That would require three channels in the front, I only see speakers on the sides of the screen, and the rest of the speakers around the ship would only have surround sound.

I take it you’ve seen it since the upgrade?

I hope I'm wrong. I have a 5.1 surround sound in my home and think it would be cool to have a 7.1 on the ship. But sitting on the sides and back of the sitting area, you would only hear surround sound from those speakers when they are active which would only be in parts of an action film.

7.1 is left, center and right channels for the front, two on the sides, two in the rear and a sub-woofer.

Edited by Cinerama

I have not been on the Ruby for several months, certainly not since this month's dry dock, but I have always found the sound at the MUTS to be incredibly bad/distorted.  I hope you find the sound experience much better than I did.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, Cinerama said:

I only see speakers on the sides.....

I can only suggest they may have hidden or camouflaged. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:00 PM, Cinerama said:

I hope I'm wrong. I have a 5.1 surround sound in my home and think it would be cool to have a 7.1 on the ship. But sitting on the sides and back of the sitting area, you would only hear surround sound from those speakers when they are active which would only be in parts of an action film.

7.1 is left, center and right channels for the front, two on the sides, two in the rear and a sub-woofer.

Have you sailed the Ruby since the changes?