RCCL says "yes" to wine!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called RCCL customer service and they said you can bring up tp 2 bottles of wine that are NOT on there wine list then pay a $12 corkage fee to have it served to you in the dining room. We leave next Saturday and am so excited we can bring our own nice bottle for our anniversary. Whew!!! Thats RCCL.

Yup, that's a truth! When we were getting married on the Vision we thought about bringing on wine and champagne and we were told the same thing.

It just cant be on their wine list which you can find under the gifts and gear section and you have to pay the corkage fee.

Now, step back - is this for non dining consumption? Because, if it is, I would smuggle it in your checked baggage instead or parading it onboard.

But, whichever way you go, Enjoy!!!

You can bring as much as you can carry on princess.....we brought 8 bottles last year (11 night cruise) and nobody cared. They peeked in the box to make sure it was wine and next thing we knew it was in our room.

Thanks for the info... I'll carry two on....and smuggle a few in the luggage.

Just called RCCL customer service and they said you can bring up tp 2 bottles of wine that are NOT on there wine list then pay a $12 corkage fee to have it served to you in the dining room. We leave next Saturday and am so excited we can bring our own nice bottle for our anniversary. Whew!!! Thats RCCL.

Yes it is true as we did last year, one bottle a person. We were told we could bring back a bottle when we are in Port, so we did and they let you take it to your room, so we enjoyed a lot of good wine

We brought 7 bottles of wine (in a wine shipping case) on our cruise last year and had no problems at all. We brought a bottle down to the dining room for dinner each night and just paid the corkage fee. The waiter even asked about many of the bottles we brought, as none of them were available on the ship (the main reason we brought our own). It's definately not a problem.

This is not new news actually. I brought six bottles for the dining room on SOS and paid my corkage each evening with no problems. All were not on the wine list and I shared with the Maitre D.

We brought a couple of bottles on our Sov cruise.

We had a group of friends cruising with us and the Dining Room crew were awesome. They not only put 2 tables together for our 12 people, they suggested we open the bottles before we arrive at the table and no corkage fee would be applied. They not only poured for us, they even brought us the wine buckets to keep the wine cooled.

We also tipped them very well for all the special attention we received.

• 3 weeks later...

Dihead-

Was there any problem bringing on the wine on the Vision? We're on that next week and I planned on 2 bottles in my luggage.

The other thing you replied to me about was the clothing....are capris ok in the dining room on casual nights? I'll make note that it's cooler in the evening-thanks!

Dihead-

Was there any problem bringing on the wine on the Vision? We're on that next week and I planned on 2 bottles in my luggage.

The other thing you replied to me about was the clothing....are capris ok in the dining room on casual nights? I'll make note that it's cooler in the evening-thanks!

I haven't sailed the Sovereign, but I have always worn capris on at least one casual night as did a lot of other ladies.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks to Suzie and Steve... been all over the RCCL web site and was never able to find this link. Looks like I won't have too much problem finding a few bottles that aren't on the list to bring with me. On a negative note, it looks like the latest RCCL wine list isn't as good as Celebrities. Perhaps Celebrities has gone downhhill as well.

Thanks for all the tips.

Archived