Not liking the new format

I cannot seem to find anything that I am looking for. How do you find the signatures of the posters? How do you get to the control panel? It is very difficult to navigate. A lot of people are complaining about this upgrade it’s not making cruise critic user-friendly. I agree. 

1 hour ago, dedosr said:

I cannot seem to find anything that I am looking for. How do you find the signatures of the posters? How do you get to the control panel? It is very difficult to navigate. A lot of people are complaining about this upgrade it’s not making cruise critic user-friendly. I agree. 

If someone has decided to have a signature, it shows up at the bottom of the post.  To expand the signature, click the 'Expand Signature' link.

image.png.db20993def26f6e2e4a66f2955067106.png

The control panel has been renamed.  I'm guessing what you're looking for is 'Activity Streams' (under the Activity tab).  There are a lot of posts about how to set them up.  

10 minutes ago, LifesaBanquet said:

Now, how do you search the threads!!!

If you are using a desktop use the Search in the top right area of the page. Click in the Search edit and a filter list will drop down. Selections include This Forum and This Thread. Sadly these options are currently missing from the similar dropdown in the mobile version.

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If someone has decided to have a signature, it shows up at the bottom of the post.  To expand the signature, click the 'Expand Signature' link.

image.png.db20993def26f6e2e4a66f2955067106.png

The control panel has been renamed.  I'm guessing what you're looking for is 'Activity Streams' (under the Activity tab).  There are a lot of posts about how to set them up.  

I still can't find the former control panel and how to edit my signature. Please help!

47 minutes ago, travelerchris said:

This new format is getting pretty frustrating. 

1. How do we sign up for a Meet & Mingle. All I can see is instructions on how to start one.

2. How do I add a count down clock? 

Be careful, I have found that criticism of the new format will bring down the wrath of the CC higher ups and you will be summarily told that the problem is obviously you and the way you use the site. 

I agree with you 100% however. 

1 hour ago, dedosr said:

I still can't find the former control panel and how to edit my signature. Please help!

To edit your signature click on the drop down box next to your name in the top right. Select Account Settings. On the left you will see signatures, and you can edit them there. Note the limitations shown; you won't be able to save a signature that doesn't conform. (They have already loosened the rules on signatures; they were more restrictive at the beginning.)

1 hour ago, travelerchris said:

1. How do we sign up for a Meet & Mingle. All I can see is instructions on how to start one.

Did you try clicking on the "Meet & Mingle" link at the top of the page?

image.png.551d2b2e0ece0bdb27e9fb7902cdf136.png

1 hour ago, travelerchris said:

2. How do I add a count down clock? 

Unless something has changed recently, you can't add a clock. 

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Be careful, I have found that criticism of the new format will bring down the wrath of the CC higher ups and you will be summarily told that the problem is obviously you and the way you use the site. 

Like what happens when someone dares to criticise a cruise line? :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Unless something has changed recently, you can't add a clock. 

Yes, it has changed. There is a link in the countdown clock thread under bugs and glitches.

Edited by gnome12
  • Like 1