Printing Airline Boarding Passes

WaterSky

We have a cruise booked for March next year.  In the past HAL has had an internet cafe with a number of computers and an available printer.

On the past couple of cruises I noticed that there is either no internet cafe or there may be a couple of customer computers in the lobby.

Will Guest Services do this for you?   Does anyone have suggestions as to printing boarding passes?  

Thanks for always great Advice

The WaterSky Group

I've never been on a ship where there weren't computers and a printer for guests to use.  It depends on what ship on where they are. What ship were you on that this wasn't available please.

Never had a problem if I needed to do that.  I do need the ship's computer to print since I travel with an Ipad and I can't connect to their printer.

If you don't see a printer, just ask.  It's could be in guest services in that case.

In the Neptune lounge, for example, no printer is seen but the concierge has one.  You just tell her you need to print and she does whatever it is she does and the laptop there connects and prints.

On another ship, I was using the computer in the library and when I pressed print I got a message to go to .. to pick up my document.  They knew it was mine.

hope this helps.

Agree. Every HAL we have been on (all but 3 of the current fleet) has had at least 3 -5 computers in an Internet Cafe, with printer.

You don't need to pre-print boarding passes, unless you are not checking luggage. If you are checking luggage you can get your boarding pass when you check your luggage.

Earlier this week on the Zuiderdam I saw three computers and one printer on Deck 1 midships, near the front desk, for people to use (for a fee of course).  One person tried to use it, but when she saw the fee price, she decided not to.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You don't need to pre-print boarding passes, unless you are not checking luggage. If you are checking luggage you can get your boarding pass when you check your luggage.

You can also get a boarding pass at the kiosk at the airport without checking luggage.

this has been an issue for me the last two cruises since the new design of the ships and elimination of most libraries. The last two ships had only a few computers (I am talking about 3-4) with one printer. Since I do not have the "smartest" smart phone on the planet I can not use it to print my passes and need a computer. The first time the internet was so slow it took everyone doing this at least 1/2 hour each. The second time it took longer. Now the internet speed (as we all know) has not changed but the number of computers has so it is much more labor intensive and waiting in line. Plus getting your boarding pass in a foreign airport is sometimes a challenge. I have had to do it but much prefer having the boarding pass in my hand. It was much easier when the library had several computers you could use so if it took a long time (or the printer malfunctioned as I have had them do) there wasn't 6 people in line waiting.....

Front desk has always been glad to help us the few times we've asked.  We were in Europe on those cruises.  The other times in Seattle/Ft. Lauderdale/Tampa we waited until we got to the airport and printed the passes there.  Much, much faster than the ship's computers.  Make sure you allow enough time between disembark/airline departure, so you're not in a panic.  All airlines we've flown with have representatives in the kiosk area to help if you get into trouble using their equipment.

I will toss out a thought from a pretty frequent flyer.  Why even bother to print out boarding passes on the ship?  In some cases (Southwest comes quickly to mind) you may want to check-in online about 24 hours before your flight.  But there is no compelling reason to print out a boarding pass on the ship....as you can easily do this at the airport via any of self-service machines.  Yes, it will probably take you 2-3 minutes to do this, but so what!  And there is another good reason to print out at the airport.  If your airline is offering upgrades (i.e. to Business or First Class) the deals will pop-up on the airport terminals....but generally not online.

Hank

And further to @Hlitner reply, I too am not concerned about printing the airline boarding passes before disembarking the ship.  The airport kiosks are plentiful & efficient, usually.

i do, however want to check-in with our airline at the earliest T-24h mark to confirm seat selections for the long multi-segment flights home.  Scoring an Exit Row this way, without paying the airline’s atrocious Advance Seat Selection Surcharge, is akin to a visit by the Upgrade Fairy in my books.  😉 

Anybody able to confirm if HAL still offers a “last  day” Internet minutes package, not one of the newer (aka expensive) 3-tier unlimited Internet packages for just this purpose, please?

Thanks. Dogstar. 

17 minutes ago, Dogstar said:

And further to @Hlitner reply, I too am not concerned about printing the airline boarding passes before disembarking the ship.  The airport kiosks are plentiful & efficient, usually.

Anybody able to confirm if HAL still offers a “last  day” Internet minutes package, not one of the newer (aka expensive) 3-tier unlimited Internet packages for just this purpose, please?

I did not see one earlier this week on the Zuiderdam.  And I was on the computer that day.