The beach by the port

Last time I took the advice of those on here to visit the beach by the dock.  We were able to get 2 chairs, umbrella and 6 beers I believe along with some sand toys for $20 US.  It included wifi too but you had to be near their place of business and could not access it on the beach.  With 5 of us this time I think this is the most economical way to spend the day at port

Is there a person or business that has this sort of deal that you have used and would include bathrooms and wifi on the beach?  I believe we just wandered up and down and kept waiting till we found the right deal so I would ideally like to save that wandering up and down the beach part.

TIA

H

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, kayehall said:

I was going to say Holland House also.  I find the walk easy over to that beach.  But there is also a water taxi for a charge.

We just used the water taxi....$ 7.00 per person round trip.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, cjc23 said:

Can you book or reserve your lounges in advance or just report to reception on the day?

thanks

I don’t believe HH will take reservations because availability depends on the number of reservations for the hotel guests. When we went last month, there were only 4 chairs available by the time we arrived. Plenty of other chairs in the area though. Also, the water taxi we took dropped us at the far pier and we had to walk the entire beach to get to HH. We were approached many times to use other chairs and they were quite pushy. Finally I just started telling them that we had friends who had chairs waiting for us. The HH end of the beach wasn’t nearly as pushy.

Edited by Mrcar09

This beach sounds nice, as it is close to port.  I have a different type of question for anyone that may see this posting.  I was wondering if going to just this beach, instead of doing a tour with beach for about 4 or 5 hours, seems like a better deal?  Just curious.🙂

2 hours ago, beshears said:

This beach sounds nice, as it is close to port.  I have a different type of question for anyone that may see this posting.  I was wondering if going to just this beach, instead of doing a tour with beach for about 4 or 5 hours, seems like a better deal?  Just curious.🙂

Please tell us the price of the 4/5 tour with beach and to which beach is goes? 

• Like 1

I believe Bernard tours has a tour for about 3- 4 hours, and will drop a person off at the beach for about 2 hours if they wish to be there that long, for $45.00.

I think they also have 3 other beaches that they will charge $25 - $30.

I heard back from Holland House again today - they do not have a pool, however they have two restaurants as well as beach food service. I wonder how crowded this gets with one 4,000 pax and one 950 pax ship in port? 

Beshears - the most popular beach is Orient from what I read. There is also Maho, bikini, and Kontiki beach as other popular options. 

My my goal is to go where it will be a great beach, with chairs, food, and LESS crowds. I am not sure what the answer is to that combination. 

56 minutes ago, Derbie said:

Is this is a nice beach, or worth it to just go to another one?

Great Bay Beach is a nice beach but not one I would go to if I wanted a beach day.  Off a cruise ship, I would be more likely to go to Orient, Divi Little Bay, or Mullet.  It is a very subjective thing.  Many people are very happy to spend the day at Great Bay beach in Philipsburg.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, SnorkelAway said:

Thanks. I think we did this beach the first time we were there.  I thought it was just ok.  I appreciate you reminding me.

Yes.  Easily walkable. 

Is this is a nice beach, or worth it to just go to another one?

• 2 weeks later...