Mco and port canaveral

golfer1903

If you were getting off the breeze in port canaveral. Could you make a flight for 1230pm 

Or is that cutting it to close.

What time do the ships dock. 

What time can you get off ship

Is I have fttf better to self assist or give them my bags.

Trying to book airfare and not much to Choose from.

Want to be at airport 2 hours before flight so would need to be there 1030 and what 1 hr ride?  On a sat is there alot of possible traffic?

Thanks 

We drove down for our last cruise.  We disembarked off the Liberty, loaded the car, and headed out of the port by 8:00 AM.  We were passing the airport within an hour.   You should be fine, unless the ship is late for any reason.  

We are flying to Orlando for our next cruise.  I booked flights around 2:00.  

14 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

On a sat is there alot of possible traffic?

On a Saturday there should be next to no traffic on 528 from Port Canaveral to 436/Semoran Blvd (exit to MCO).  Unless there is a wreck closing down the highway, then you will probably have a 1 hour detour...

Even on weekdays the west-bound traffic east of MCO is OK - it starts to jam up right at/after the Semoran Blvd exit.

As others have stated, if the ships docks and starts disembarking on time, you should be fine.  We disembark relatively late in the process, around 8:45 or 9am IIRC, and we're home in Orlando at or before 10:30am - which is an equivalent drive distance/time to MCO.

19 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

If you were getting off the breeze in port canaveral. Could you make a flight for 1230pm 

Or is that cutting it to close.

What time do the ships dock. 

What time can you get off ship

Is I have fttf better to self assist or give them my bags.

Trying to book airfare and not much to Choose from.

Want to be at airport 2 hours before flight so would need to be there 1030 and what 1 hr ride?  On a sat is there alot of possible traffic?

Thanks 

I usually shoot for later in the afternoon for flights, just so I am not rushed or stressed. I will be sailing the Breeze also out of Port Canaveral, and aware that MCO is about one hour away. As an experienced cruiser, I also know anything can happen to delay a ship’s docking and delay of debarkation. So, with that said, I chose a 2:30pm flight home, and hope that gives me enough wiggle room. I also booked Carnival transportation back to MCO. I never do self assist, as it’s too difficult for us to handle the luggage leaving the ship. So, we have to search for our luggage once off ship. All this takes time. We are FTTF, but I don’t think it affects our debarkation.