My Carnival Sunshine (Tilted) Halloween Review with pics

mouche

Yowzers!  I had no idea that many people would dress up for Halloween on a cruise!

Would you say the majority of the passengers dressed up, or more of a case of for everyone who did, they tended to congregate in one or two areas, and the rest of the ship was full of non-costumed guests?

Now considering a Halloween cruise in 2020...  (Can't go in 2019, already have a cruise booked in September!)

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yowzers!  I had no idea that many people would dress up for Halloween on a cruise!

Would you say the majority of the passengers dressed up, or more of a case of for everyone who did, they tended to congregate in one or two areas, and the rest of the ship was full of non-costumed guests?

Now considering a Halloween cruise in 2020...  (Can't go in 2019, already have a cruise booked in September!)

We were there, and it was honestly 80% of the ship. Kids had trick or treating & it was a caravan party that started in the Comedy Club, moved to Ocean Plaza, Love & Marriage Show and then Deck Party. The Deck Party was one of the largest I have ever seen & everyone there was dressed. Even some of the wait staff had costumes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

2 hours ago, CodyMiles1994 said:

We were there, and it was honestly 80% of the ship. Kids had trick or treating & it was a caravan party that started in the Comedy Club, moved to Ocean Plaza, Love & Marriage Show and then Deck Party. The Deck Party was one of the largest I have ever seen & everyone there was dressed. Even some of the wait staff had costumes.

I don't know about the Majority, but on all of my Halloween cruises, if I had not dressed up, I would have felt left out. You should definitely do a Halloween cruise and by all means wear a costume.

2 hours ago, CodyMiles1994 said:

Where were you when the list happen? I was in the Comedy Club and on deck too, you are so right, it was one of the largest deck parties I have seen. What was your costume? My husband and I had on matching tee shirts that said, I'm here for the BOO's.

10 minutes ago, Bobbylah said:

Maybe I am mis-remembering, but I thought that costumes with masks that cover faces were not allowed (due to the potential for abuse - sexual or otherwise)?

Carnival FAQ about Halloween costumes says this:

"Guests may wear masks only in special function areas and guests must be identifiable. Masks must be removed when in common areas."

On 11/6/2018 at 1:23 PM, mouche said:

Our port hole cabin...

075.JPG

077.JPG

079.JPG

080.JPG

Thanks for your review!

This is possibly a dumb question, but are your windows open?  It looks like they might be, but I assumed port holes were fixed and you couldn't open them.  If you can, I might reconsider a port hole 🙂 Either way, it looks like more of a view than I expected.

43 minutes ago, Bobbylah said:

Maybe I am mis-remembering, but I thought that costumes with masks that cover faces were not allowed (due to the potential for abuse - sexual or otherwise)?

People have always wore mask like this, even back when I did a Halloween cruise in 2010, they don't enforce this rule, I guess.

8 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Thanks for your review!

This is possibly a dumb question, but are your windows open?  It looks like they might be, but I assumed port holes were fixed and you couldn't open them.  If you can, I might reconsider a port hole 🙂 Either way, it looks like more of a view than I expected.

Not open to where there is fresh air, if that's what you mean, but you do have some sort of view to see outside, they cost a little more than an interior but much cheaper than an Ocean View.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Carnival FAQ about Halloween costumes says this:

"Guests may wear masks only in special function areas and guests must be identifiable. Masks must be removed when in common areas."

They never enforced this rule, and I have been on three Halloween Cruises, the one back in 2010 was no different, these type of mask were worn.

Fresh air is what I was hoping for (but doubted was likely), but the view might still be enough for certain itineraries.

We've always sailed in balconies and our next cruise we are trying a Superior Ocean View on Royal (huge cabin) since we will have our kids with.  If we don't miss the balcony too much, we might try a port hole for even more savings.