Regal Princess in 2020.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Cruise Junky said:

Sadly it’s only her repo from Rome to Sydney that will be on sale next week. The rest of the season won’t be released until March 😞 

I reckon they will just about fill it Rome to Sydney then might not have any cabins left for sectors.

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am tempted re Singapore to Sydney. Not bad prices, but not mad about Princess Royal Class ships, prefer Grand Class, but such is life.

Same here Les, not often a Princess ship comes and offers sectors. The ones returning to the US you cant book sectors and Majestic coming from Asia doesnt offer them either, 22 days is our limit at the moment.

Agree re Royal class, I can see on the deck plan that there are a few differences for the better than Majestic, ie Crooners, no Ler Mer in the Atrium, an aft pool, even though it is small!! but the Regal has no indoor pool and the forward area that is the Conservatory on Majestic is the paid Sancuary on Regal, so not free for everyone.

So no forward viewing area anywhere unless you book one of the forward cabins.

I like the Singapore to Sydney itinerary as it heads to Thailand before Darwin, but waiting to see which Grand class they will send to cruise from Melbourne 2020/2021 and where it is coming from etc, I guess we wont know that until March when they release the Regal Australia itineraries.

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

I reckon they will just about fill it Rome to Sydney then might not have any cabins left for sectors.

All the segments go on sale next week, it’s the rest of her AU season that doesn’t open until March. We’d be very interested if she does the same in reverse next April heading back to the Med. 

6 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

All the segments go on sale next week, it’s the rest of her AU season that doesn’t open until March. We’d be very interested if she does the same in reverse next April heading back to the Med. 

Thanks for that information, will check out Princess site in a couple of days.

13 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Yep will be checking them out with interest.

27 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

An online TA has the detailed itineraries for the Rome to Sydney sectors, the Singapore to Sydney sector has 6 seadays😦

from BKK to Darwin!! Love sea days but not that many for that part of the world.

I like sea days too but only when there is no other choice, like across the Indian ocean - Freo to Mauritius. That was why I liked the Rome to Dubai segment for the Suez, which I haven't done as yet.

19 hours ago, cheznandy said:

An online TA has the detailed itineraries for the Rome to Sydney sectors, the Singapore to Sydney sector has 6 seadays😦

from BKK to Darwin!! Love sea days but not that many for that part of the world.

That is unusual Chez, T/A's selling a cruise before it hits the Princess website !!! VOT is going on !!!!!

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Not selling yet Les, they are showing as sold.

Thanks Chez, I note a couple of big Aussie on line T/A's are taking enquiries, probably ready to hit the keys tomorrow with their customers.

Well, done it again, taken the plunge early, just deposited on Regal, Singapore to Sydney - 18 days, Nov 14, 2020.  Balcony cabin for $3159, not bad. Got the 7.15pm traditional dining, no 5pm for us, mohito time.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Well, done it again, taken the plunge early, just deposited on Regal, Singapore to Sydney - 18 days, Nov 14, 2020.  Balcony cabin for $3159, not bad. Got the 7.15pm traditional dining, no 5pm for us, mohito time.

Good work, I am sure you will enjoy your mohitoes.

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good work, I am sure you will enjoy your mohitoes.

Thanks Mic, should be a good little cruise, not been into Bangkok, Koh Samui, Port Douglas before. Been to Singa, Darwin, Brisvegas. 5 nights in Singapore pre cruise is the plan.  I note a lot of cabins already sold or blocked off for all sectors from UK to Sydney.  I booked direct with Princess on release today, used FCC's plus got my $250 military obc.

Edited by NSWP

I booked Rome to Sydney today, have 3 days to really decide !!! And there were a lot of cabins showing as sold on that sector at 9.15 am. And at one stage Rome to Singapore was showing as sold out, its not now. Guessing a lot of folks did what I did .

As my sector is over 45 days I need to call Princess to get reduced deposit and 3% off fare as can't utilise a future cruise deposit.

To get a bigger balcony I had to go up to a mini, as all bigger balconies were sold out for obstructed balconies and balconies,

maybe some will become available in about 4 days time...................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Mic, should be a good little cruise, not been into Bangkok, Koh Samui, Port Douglas before. Been to Singa, Darwin, Brisvegas. 5 nights in Singapore pre cruise is the plan.  I note a lot of cabins already sold or blocked off for all sectors from UK to Sydney.  I booked direct with Princess on release today, used FCC's plus got my $250 military obc.

excellent, the more you cruise the more you spend, I mean save.:p

1 hour ago, Thorpe said:

I booked Rome to Sydney today, have 3 days to really decide !!! And there were a lot of cabins showing as sold on that sector at 9.15 am. And at one stage Rome to Singapore was showing as sold out, its not now. Guessing a lot of folks did what I did .

As my sector is over 45 days I need to call Princess to get reduced deposit and 3% off fare as can't utilise a future cruise deposit.

To get a bigger balcony I had to go up to a mini, as all bigger balconies were sold out for obstructed balconies and balconies,

maybe some will become available in about 4 days time...................

I think you should do it now that you have a big balcony.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Is it still a USD ship for that final segment ?

It would be.  As Mic said AUD would not kick off until it commences it operations from Sydney.:classic_ohmy: My military obc indicates $250 USD and FCC is for $100 USD.

Edited by NSWP