Regal Princess in 2020.

37 minutes ago, Thorpe said:

Yes it is in USD, was hoping it was going to be AUS like Majestic from Shanghai next year. But didn't hold out any hope 😞

Sorry to quote you Helen, for some reason your post comes up when I hit reply!!

Yes, it is in USD, I thought at least the Singapore to Sydney sector would have been AUD, will save my FCD's for the future, see what sailings they have from Sydney.

On another topic, I just refared our Splendour Singapore to Sydney cruise, saved $681 AND gained $500 OBC.

Had booked through an OZ online TA, they transferred my deposit as well. It cost $100 to amend the booking, but a great saving all up. Now costing us $115 a night, plus OBC of $750!!

• Like 2

This Four Continents cruise is a great itinerary. We did it in 2016 on the Emerald Princess. The passenger mix was interesting - roughly one third Aussie, one-third Brit and one-third American.

Correction - It looks like the Emerald Princess cruise is from Rome to Sydney. The 2016 one on the Emerald was from the UK to Sydney.

Edited by Aus Traveller

18 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Sorry to quote you Helen, for some reason your post comes up when I hit reply!!

Yes, it is in USD, I thought at least the Singapore to Sydney sector would have been AUD, will save my FCD's for the future, see what sailings they have from Sydney.

On another topic, I just refared our Splendour Singapore to Sydney cruise, saved $681 AND gained $500 OBC.

Had booked through an OZ online TA, they transferred my deposit as well. It cost $100 to amend the booking, but a great saving all up. Now costing us $115 a night, plus OBC of $750!!

Is that an inside cabin Chez?  

21 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Mic, should be a good little cruise, not been into Bangkok, Koh Samui, Port Douglas before. Been to Singa, Darwin, Brisvegas. 5 nights in Singapore pre cruise is the plan.  I note a lot of cabins already sold or blocked off for all sectors from UK to Sydney.  I booked direct with Princess on release today, used FCC's plus got my $250 military obc.

Enjoy Uncle Les a few drinkies with all that OBC.

We are thinking about the Civitavecchia to Singapore leg in October 2020. Fits in well with a return from Europe trip. Husband has a fear of flying, so this would fit his agenda. However, the TA I contacted informed me that most of the balcony cabins were booked. 

I wonder what what will Happen?

13 minutes ago, Blue Elephant said:

We are thinking about the Civitavecchia to Singapore leg in October 2020. Fits in well with a return from Europe trip. Husband has a fear of flying, so this would fit his agenda. However, the TA I contacted informed me that most of the balcony cabins were booked. 

Book direct with Princess website.  Balcony cabins available.  I was going to book the Rome to Sydney on Regal, but my Visa card would not stand the pain.😂 So Singa to Sydney will have to suffice.

Edited by NSWP

54 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Aunty Les,:classic_ohmy: come on, surely she has a proper girls name, like Aunty Sheila😛

Aunty Mary actually, but she is not a CC fan and not even a cruise addict.  I have to haul her to the CC M&G's on the ships.  Penalty for non compliance is no mohitos and blocking of cruise card spending.😂 Does not eat the full English either.....Just to remind you.

brekkie.jpg

Edited by NSWP

42 minutes ago, Blue Elephant said:

I like the look of that leg as well. Would want a balcony though.

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Aunty Mary actually, but she is not a CC fan and not even a cruise addict.  I have to haul her to the CC M&G's on the ships.  Penalty for non compliance is no mohitos and blocking of cruise card spending.😂 Does not eat the full English either.....Just to remind you.

brekkie.jpg

Aunty Mary then, as for the breaky, smart lady.

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I like the look of that leg as well. Would want a balcony though.

I just contacted Princess again this morning, changed up from a balcony to aft deluxe balcony, as we like the slightly bigger cabin and more importantly the lounge to sit on.  Not much difference in price.  Perusing the cabin availability today, there are balcony cabins available for Rome to Singa.   Just avoid Deck 8 - Emerald aft on the Regal and other Royal Class ships, they are above the nightclub.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I just contacted Princess again this morning, changed up from a balcony to aft deluxe balcony, as we like the slightly bigger cabin and more importantly the lounge to sit on.  Not much difference in price.  Perusing the cabin availability today, there are balcony cabins available for Rome to Singa.   Just avoid Deck 8 - Emerald aft on the Regal and other Royal Class ships, they are above the nightclub.

Les,is it truly aft or aft portside or starboard? Be careful off your Aft balcony, yes they are deluxe with a sofa but no bigger than other deluxe. Some of them are open, no cover and lots of soot. Friends had one and really disliked it. Saw it on the cabin crawl, soot everywhere and as it was uncovered they didnt use it much.

Marina deck the worst as Lido looks over it, I think the covered more private ones start at Aloha or Baja.

You probably know this as you have cruised on this class before.

44 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Les,is it truly aft or aft portside or starboard? Be careful off your Aft balcony, yes they are deluxe with a sofa but no bigger than other deluxe. Some of them are open, no cover and lots of soot. Friends had one and really disliked it. Saw it on the cabin crawl, soot everywhere and as it was uncovered they didnt use it much.

Marina deck the worst as Lido looks over it, I think the covered more private ones start at Aloha or Baja.

You probably know this as you have cruised on this class before.

Thanks Chez, yes aware of the ones to avoid we are not right aft, and not on Marina/Lido/Emerald.   GTY DD, Aloha, Baja, Caribe or Dolphin.  I got the Princess lady to endorse our booking.

• Like 1