Forget the Power Strips

GoodScout

13 hours ago, Paulras said:

I've always gotten extension cords from Celebrity that were way too long for my CPAP. Only need a few feet but I'm pretty sure what they give is at least 15 ft. and a heavy thick one. Actually takes up too much space. Not sure if they're expecting me to use it on the balcony 😀

I believe all you need to do is ask for a shorter one.    I just got off Silhouette and requested a standard 15 foot one and a shorter one.   They were quickly delivered.  The shorter one was 8 feet.   They also have them in 220 v and 120v  2 and 3 prong.  

8 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We travel we a decent number of electronics since we both have to work some during cruises, and I have yet to encounter a time when we needed them all charging simultaneously??  

I would agree with you, but we never leave devices plugged in when leaving our cabin. Though our Android phones charge rapidly, our iPads are fairly slow. It will definitely be less challenging on Edge, because we can use the USB ports.

8 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We travel we a decent number of electronics since we both have to work some during cruises, and I have yet to encounter a time when we needed them all charging simultaneously??  

I charge then overnight at the same time because during the day I am using the devices. I need them fully charged in the morning. We have an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and camera. Generally each device gets thru a whole day but some won’t get thru two days. So charging them simultaneously overnight works best. 

48 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I would agree with you, but we never leave devices plugged in when leaving our cabin. Though our Android phones charge rapidly, our iPads are fairly slow. It will definitely be less challenging on Edge, because we can use the USB ports.

The most efficient use of time is to charge the devices simultaneously overnight.

13 hours ago, Silkroad said:

The skeptic in me will wait and see if charging will be less challenging on Edge. All USB ports are not created equal. They don't have the same watts. Also if the USB port is not Quick Charge or Power Delivery the device is  going to charge slower than if they don't. Also my new iPad Pro has a USB C port. Don't know if Edge will have USB C ports. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

The skeptic in me will wait and see if charging will be less challenging on Edge. All USB ports are not created equal. They don't have the same watts. Also if the USB port is not Quick Charge or Power Delivery the device is  going to charge slower than if they don't. Also my new iPad Pro has a USB C port. Don't know if Edge will have USB C ports. 

You don't need the room to have a USB-C port, all you need is a cable with USB-A on one end to plug into the port and USB-C on the other end to plug into your device.

30 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

You don't need the room to have a USB-C port, all you need is a cable with USB-A on one end to plug into the port and USB-C on the other end to plug into your device.

A lot of those USB A to USB C cables don’t don’t work properly.  Also the iPad Pro might need more watts to charge than might be output from the ports on Edge. On airlines that have USB ports my iPhone would always charge but my previous iPad never would.

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, mbddisney said:

Can you tell me where you got that power cube and you had no problems getting in on the ship?

I believe they are available on Amazon, but be careful, as they make two models, one surge protected, and one that is not.  Do not purchase the surge protected model.