MSC Divina Nov 18 - Dec 20

ready2cruzagain

We are on the Divina now, in Cartagena, Wi-Fi is bad in port but have a few things to say.  

Love the cruise! Food is great, crew is friendly and so many activities!  After 38 cruises, this is our favorite so far!

Ate, Ziggy is here until Dec 9th and returns Feb 20, 2019.

We had D rinks in us and upgraded to classic. Classic is now premium, deluxe is now premium plus and dou is easy.  No problems and have a better package now.  Classic is drinks up to $12

We are in Bella category so if you have questions will try to answer.  Only getting Wi-Fi in port.

I just want to repeat, this is an awesome cruise!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We are on the Divina now, in Cartagena, Wi-Fi is bad in port but have a few things to say.  

Love the cruise! Food is great, crew is friendly and so many activities!  After 38 cruises, this is our favorite so far!

We had D rinks in us and upgraded to classic. Classic is now premium, deluxe is now premium plus and dou is easy.  No problems and have a better package now.  Classic is drinks up to $12

We are in Bella category so if you have questions will try to answer.  Only getting Wi-Fi in port.

We will be joining you on Dec. 9th. Are you saying the wifi on the ship isn't working very well? We bought a wifi package, will be sad if it doesn't work! Glad to hear about the classic package!

Pat

On 11/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, quickrate said:

We will be joining you on Dec. 9th. Are you saying the wifi on the ship isn't working very well? We bought a wifi package, will be sad if it doesn't work! Glad to hear about the classic package!

Pat

No, the Wi-Fi in port stunk. We did not buy Wi-Fi on ship.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:29 PM, sidari said:

R2C ... Good to hear you are enjoying your cruise, though the drink packages still seem to be a mystery. MSC have told those people with Deluxe that they will not get the PP onboard.

They are honoring it on the Divina.  We upgraded to classic and get everything $12 and under.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Glad the food got great for you.  Nice and warm on buffet????  Enjoy

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

They are honoring it on the Divina.  We upgraded to classic and get everything $12 and under.

Glad to hear they are honoring the upgraded Classic. Are they honoring the gelato and specialty coffees as well as drinks?

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

R2C ... I know you have the Classic package but do you speak with anyone who has the Deluxe? if so any chance you could ask if they can get either Baileys or Ameretto in the small bottles for the Mini bar ? or possibly you cabin steward. Thanks.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:35 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Were you able to upgrade your drink package for the old $18 per day price?

I just have Drinks on Us.  Since I drink almost exclusively wine & beer, I hope I'll be fine with that.

As for hand sanitizer, really, people, just wash your own hands.  Often.  Don't touch things and then put your hands on your face or, ugh, in your mouth.  If you must use sanitizer (NOT a substitute for washing) carry a little travel size with you at all times.

Glad you're enjoying it.  I'm really, really hoping I'll like it since I'm considering a spring cruise to Cuba.  Please keep posting!  See you in 2 weeks!

• Like 3

On 11/24/2018 at 12:26 PM, sidari said:

R2C ... I know you have the Classic package but do you speak with anyone who has the Deluxe? if so any chance you could ask if they can get either Baileys or Ameretto in the small bottles for the Mini bar ? or possibly you cabin steward. Thanks.

I will check.

I think every cruise is different and people on the same sailing can have very different experiences depending on many different things - expectations, choices made on what to do, timing, etc.

I know I've read reviews of cruises I've been on and thought, "Wow!  That wasn't my experience at all!"

I'm glad you're still enjoying it.  Keep that Good Vibe going for another couple of weeks!

• Like 2

So true..what’s good for the goose may not be for the gander.   I just go with the flow and enjoy her ports and do our own thing.  One thing that bothers me how people put their towels on the chairs and show up at the end of the noon hour and one couple told us they put one in shade and one in the sun... that really annoys me.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 14nascarfan said:

So true..what’s good for the goose may not be for the gander.   I just go with the flow and enjoy her ports and do our own thing.  One thing that bothers me how people put their towels on the chairs and show up at the end of the noon hour and one couple told us they put one in shade and one in the sun... that really annoys me.    

Saw the same thing on Seaside and these 4 people had lunges on Deck 7 & Aft Pool from 6:30 AM until 11:30 AM saved. Told 2 MSC Staff and they said they could not do anything about it. Personally, I think this is wrong and regardless from what country these people were from, that is totally caring about oneself, forget everyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

7 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Well our first cruise is almost over, excited for part 2!  We agree this is the best cruise out of 38!

i can not understand people that say crew is not friendly, it has been right the opposite for us.  They go way over and beyond! Awesome everything!

Because they transferred a lot of personnel. Two crew members told us.  Enjoy 

On 11/24/2018 at 10:23 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Still having a great cruise.  Definitely will cruise MSC again!

Is this your first MSC cruise?  We were long-time Royal cruisers and haven't been back after our first MSC cruise in the Med.

Great to hear you are having an awesome cruise!  We will see you on Dec 9 for your 2nd part of your B2B cruise.

Who/what show replaced the Michael Jackson show?