Transfers, taxis, Ubers and refunds

Crazy4Camping

We already have purchased transfers because we were told no Uber in San Juan and taxis are expensive.  Now that I have been following these forums I see that some folks have used ride-sharing, taxis, etc. without any issues and much cheaper than transfers.  Someone also said I can get a refund for the transfers and cancel them.  Can anyone tell me FOR SURE that they have used Uber or taxi or whatever in San Juan and also has anyone cancelled transfers and received refunds without a problem??

30 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

We already have purchased transfers because we were told no Uber in San Juan and taxis are expensive.  Now that I have been following these forums I see that some folks have used ride-sharing, taxis, etc. without any issues and much cheaper than transfers.  Someone also said I can get a refund for the transfers and cancel them.  Can anyone tell me FOR SURE that they have used Uber or taxi or whatever in San Juan and also has anyone cancelled transfers and received refunds without a problem??

In your research about how much was a taxi? I thought I read they were fixed rates and resonably priced.

We will be there in a few weeks and would like to confirm the taxi info

Bill

I've used taxi, albeit 4 or 5 years ago.

They are regulated.

You step outside of baggage claim, there is a taxi stand, the person manning the stand asks where you want to go, gives you the fixed price, hails the proper cab for your party, tells the driver where you're going and confirms the agreed upon price.

17 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

You can cancel prepurchased transfers without any problems, right online. Money paid will go back to the card you used to make the purchase. 

If we used a gift card will it just stay in our account for sign and sail purchases?

On 11/26/2018 at 6:19 PM, klfrodo said:

Nope, they send you a new gift card

So I cancelled transfers without issue but they in fact credit back the GC you used.  If you are like me, you used dozens over a period of time so luckily the very nice rep was able to look up the number so I would know which one got credited.  Glad I kept all the gift cards I used!!