Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

8 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to get in the shower now and start making my way to the port afterward. I think I'm going to take the metro mover up to Bayside and catch a cab from there. My luck with Uber in Miami isn't really that great. Last time I ended up with a driver who didn't speak a word of English, and got lost three times on the way to the ship.

Ohhhhh migod. Me too. I almost missed my last cruise because my Lyft driver took the highway to the air”port” and not the sea”port”. You’re lucky you got a driver who could speak at all, because mine just grunted. I literally walked to check in around 2:50 PM for a 4 PM sailing, got on the ship just after 3 and it was pretty much, walk right into the muster drill.

i will use rideshare again simply because I need to save money, but next time I WILL give myself lots of extra time and make sure the driver knows that I am going to the CRUISE port not the airport. 

Also:

GROSS on the stinky feet on furniture in the lounge. That’s just disgusting, bare feet should NOT be allowed on indoor furniture. I am going to for SURE give a disdainful glare at anyone who’s bare feet I see on indoor furniture. At least use a towel if you have to do it.

also, can you send a pic of what the outdoor view of a landscape looks like on the solo cabin virtual window screen? I’ve seen a few solo cabin reviews but I haven’t yet seen anyone comment on how good (or bad) the virtual window is and how it works. Is it total sh** or actually cool?

Wifi is sucking a major dong right now. I don't know why it keeps attaching to this reply, sorry...

10 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Also:

GROSS on the stinky feet on furniture in the lounge. That’s just disgusting, bare feet should NOT be allowed on indoor furniture. I am going to for SURE give a disdainful glare at anyone who’s bare feet I see on indoor furniture. At least use a towel if you have to do it.

also, can you send a pic of what the outdoor view of a landscape looks like on the solo cabin virtual window screen? I’ve seen a few solo cabin reviews but I haven’t yet seen anyone comment on how good (or bad) the virtual window is and how it works. Is it total sh** or actually cool?

Wifi is sucking a major dong right now. I don't know why it keeps attaching to this reply, sorry...

12 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Also:

First solo gathering at mojito bar.

*Now I've pretty much killed the battery on the Droid, I'm going to have to switch back to the Pixel II XL... Hopefully I can figure out how to log out and back in on the other device.

IMG_20181201_174304047.jpg

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's an economical alternative to the Haven in order to escape the masses poolside, relax with adults in a kid free atmosphere and enjoy as many adult beverages as you would like without having to fight crowds.  During happy hour from about 400-600, you also enjoy shot O'Clock.  The ship within a ship concept is well and alive with the Haven on NCL and the Yacht Club on MSC.  The Vibe is just a slice of what you get with Haven and YC, but well worth it, IMHO.  I have experienced it on all 3 of my Escape cruises.

Oh sure, it sounds amazing.  However, it is unfair to people boarding in the back of the line.  Why should I be penalized if I do not have priority boarding or in back of the line?  NCL should re-look this ridiculous way of how passengers can obtain a Vibe Pass.  Perhaps introduce a "Lottery" in a more civilized way where all have a chance at the "limited" tickets.  I will never RUN and stress about that Pass.  JMO

• Like 1

First solo gathering at mojito bar.

*Now I've pretty much killed the battery on the Droid, I'm going to have to switch back to the Pixel II XL... Hopefully I can figure out how to log out and back in on the other device.

I'm back on the pixel II XL. The battery is dead now on the Droid. I've spent the last two hours trying to upload a couple of posts, but it has not been working. WiFi rating for the Bliss so far is two out of ten stars.

First day on board. All the new cruisers seem to be lost still. Even I am so used to the other away class ships that I forget that the Bliss is very different. I'll be giving you all the full tour throughout the week. It's very different than any other NCL ship.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Pretty soon there's going to be a smoker's revolt. Due to the fueling barge alongside, smoking is only allowed for the time being in the cigar lounge. All the smoker's are pissed off because there's not enough room for all of them.

Also, I did a quick run through the garden cafe and no folding chairs were present. Life as we have known it may continue...

Glad folding chairs are gone.  They never should have been there to begin with. Super tacky on Billion dollar ship. JMO 🙂

• Like 1