Laundry on Prinsendam

TiogaCruiser

I'm guessing they will stay too.

Dry dock has been shortened as I am sure that there will be things Riesen wants to do.  They take her over after the lease back on July 1st and she is not sailing until August 1st, so I suspect some extensive renovations?  

I think the launderettes would be the least of HAL's worries as there are necessary things that need to be done at drydock.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, catl331 said:

... My guess would be that they would stay.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:40 PM, kazu said:

I'm guessing they will stay too ...

I think the launderettes would be the least of HAL's worries as there are necessary things that need to be done at drydock.

OP, no need to "guess" - call HAL Ship Services for definitive & authoritative information.

2 hours ago, avian777 said:

OP, no need to "guess" - call HAL Ship Services for definitive & authoritative information.

Except when, as in this case, the random person you are talking to, and their supervisor, would likely be guessing too.

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, avian777 said:

Is this your standard answer for most posts today? Because I’m finding it on more than 1 thread. It’s truly not helpful.

(A few years back my TA and I got “authoritive information” that the  cabin on Amsterdam  they were recommending wasn’t under the galley, because ships plans only said galley on one side (and not the other blank space side). Obviously that person had never been on a galley tour, and one questions if they had been on an R class ship.)

44 minutes ago, catl331 said:

Except when, as in this case, the random person you are talking to, and their supervisor, would likely be guessing too.

Exactly. 

Guessing, or going based on ships maps (that might not be updated).

I’ve learned the launderette is there NOW. Being the drydock is a few weeks away, I’ll ask the question again afterwards, so someone with real world experience can respond. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Is this your standard answer for most posts today? Because I’m finding it on more than 1 thread. It’s truly not helpful.

(A few years back my TA and I got “authoritive information” that the  cabin on Amsterdam  they were recommending wasn’t under the galley, because ships plans only said galley on one side (and not the other blank space side). Obviously that person had never been on a galley tour, and one questions if they had been on an R class ship.)

Exactly. 

Guessing, or going based on ships maps (that might not be updated).

I’ve learned the launderette is there NOW. Being the drydock is a few weeks away, I’ll ask the question again afterwards, so someone with real world experience can respond. 

I think that's a good plan to ask later.

From a reality point of view, the drydock for this ship has been shortened since Riesen has it's own plans for her in July.  

Taking out a laundry probably doesn't work with the short dry dock time and the other items that have to be done in that short time span.  but definitely re-check 😉 

Actually, I took advice to call Ship Services.  I spoke with a person who told me she would contact Prinsendam for an answer to my question.  I received her answer by e-mail a couple of hours later.  Should I doubt that I received correct information, maybe but I'd rather assume she followed through and the answer is truthful.  I'll know in just 21 days.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Just reading this message and wondering what the Ship Services people told you (the 2ofus) and also now that 21 days has passed, what else you have learned.  We will sail for two weeks in 2019 with HAL on the Pdam, with lots of travel time before and after, so I'll need to plan differently if the laundry won't be available. 

Edited by kaymoz
insert clarification

12 minutes ago, kaymoz said:

Hi, Just reading this message and wondering what the Ship Services people told you (the 2ofus) and also now that 21 days has passed, what else you have learned.  We will sail for two weeks in 2019 with HAL on the Pdam, with lots of travel time before and after, so I'll need to plan differently if the laundry won't be available. 

In case 2ofus misses this, there are some CC members who are sailing on her on Jan. 4th for the Grand South America.  

One does live threads and the other blogs and provides a link on the board for her blog.

There may be more than that blogging and doing LIVE threads.

You could easily put your question there and I'm quite sure they would be happy to answer if you don't see the answer in their reports.

I heard from a friend on board that the laundries are there but that's second hand info 😉 so by all means ask someone who is there 😉 

Yay!  So glad to hear this.  I put this 'who has DIY laundry' question out generally on CC earlier, and the results have been pretty fascinating!  It's turned out to be an interesting way to separate the men from the boys (so to speak!) in terms of cruiselines, that is.  

This should take you to that thread which has bunches of responses:   

On 12/1/2018 at 11:42 PM, the2ofus said:

Actually, I took advice to call Ship Services.  I spoke with a person who told me she would contact Prinsendam for an answer to my question.  I received her answer by e-mail a couple of hours later.  Should I doubt that I received correct information, maybe but I'd rather assume she followed through and the answer is truthful.  I'll know in just 21 days.

👍👍👍  Thank you, the2ofus!