Edge Pre-Inaugural Review with Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

I have just posted my review of our 2-day pre-inaugural cruise on the amazing Celebrity Edge.  It was a very hectic couple of days trying to get photos of everything.  I took 2,600 photos in the 1.5 days we were actually on the ship and used about 750 of them in the review.  I was able to get almost all of the restaurant and bar menus; but will get everything in January when we are on the Edge for a full week.  By then some of the menus might even change.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the ship.  It is a game changer for Celebrity in my opinion.  The ship will attract new cruisers; which is their goal.  Some Celebrity loyalists might find some things they don't like; but I think the majority will be very pleased with this gorgeous ship.  To check out my review, go to our website that is linked to in my signature.  I hope the review helps readers to learn about the ship and the many exciting new things there are to experience. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and photos! I especially enjoyed your photos of the fascinating art. I find the wooden figures and the metal forest quite compelling, and can’t wait to visit them. I loved your description of the performances in Eden and the theater. You gave me an excellent sense of what the experience would be like. Your description of the drinks in Eden cracked me up. I did wonder about those ingredients😂 Inquiring minds need to know...which of the three drinks did you dislike? We’re booked for dinner in Eden. A cocktail is included, and we would hate to order nasty ones. It’s lovely the way your review complements Vt’s. Between the two of you, you’ve truly enriched the lives of those of us who are still eagerly awaiting our embarkation dates🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and photos! I especially enjoyed your photos of the fascinating art. I find the wooden figures and the metal forest quite compelling, and can’t wait to visit them. I loved your description of the performances in Eden and the theater. You gave me an excellent sense of what the experience would be like. Your description of the drinks in Eden cracked me up. I did wonder about those ingredients😂 Inquiring minds need to know...which of the three drinks did you dislike? We’re booked for dinner in Eden. A cocktail is included, and we would hate to order nasty ones. It’s lovely the way your review complements Vt’s. Between the two of you, you’ve truly enriched the lives of those of us who are still eagerly awaiting our embarkation dates🙂

I had the Garden, Shaman and Planter.  All of the drinks were small and a bit unusual tasting; but I couldn’t even take more than a couple sips of the Planter and just left it. But I everyone has different tastes. 

4 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I had the Garden, Shaman and Planter.  All of the drinks were small and a bit unusual tasting; but I couldn’t even take more than a couple sips of the Planter and just left it. But I everyone has different tastes. 

Thanks. I was considering two of those three. This should be an interesting experience.

6 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks. I was considering two of those three. This should be an interesting experience.

The Garden and Shaman weren’t terrible, but I wouldn’t order them again. The Planter is no Planter’s Punch.  It was bad; but the guy who recommended it and he loved it. 

9 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

The Garden and Shaman weren’t terrible, but I wouldn’t order them again. The Planter is no Planter’s Punch.  It was bad; but the guy who recommended it and he loved it. 

Thanks. I’ll definitely avoid the Planter. On another topic, thank you for your comments about your Infinite Veranda stateroom. You specifically addressed the view while seated in the veranda. As you may know, this has been topic of quite a bit of discussion on the Edge threads. Thank you for mentioning that the center bar (rail) of the window is high enough to allow one to have a clear view while seated. 

1 hour ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I liked the Garden (it was pretty strong), but Clouds was pretty tasteless and Henry had Fig and didn't seem too into that - we switched to wine. 🙂

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Oville said:

Mike, where have you posted this, I’m not seeing a link.

Katie

I'm sorry Katie, I'm not allowed to post the URL; but it is in my signature.  With the new website, I believe that signatures are not enabled by default; but they can be just like they were when enabled in settings.

Just now, vtcruising said:

I liked the Garden (it was pretty strong), but Clouds was pretty tasteless and Henry had Fig and didn't seem too into that - we switched to wine. 🙂

The garden was the best of the three I had.  I didn't find it strong. :classic_biggrin:  For free it was OK; but I can't imagine paying $16 for that small drink.  I realize that most drinkers now have drink packages, as will I on the next cruise.  I sure wouldn't upgrade just for the Eden drinks; but I do like the martini bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

When we had dinner there, one of the wood nymphs handed us drinks - it wasn't any of the ones on the menu - it had potion in the name and it helped me to relax enough to enjoy the show (have no idea what was in it, but it was strong and tasty). 🙂  The nymph had a staring contest with my DH while he drank his - it was pretty funny, but she blinked first.

13 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I'm sorry Katie, I'm not allowed to post the URL; but it is in my signature.  With the new website, I believe that signatures are not enabled by default; but they can be just like they were when enabled in settings.

I can't see in my mobile phone and I have signature enabled. What words can I google?

Never mind. I just remembered the name of your site. 

Edited by Sandy1975

36 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks, just added signatures.

Edited by Oville

Mike...an absolutely wonderful, informative and really well done review! Lana and I are booked on the seven day eastern Caribbean itinerary late February, booked over a year and a half ago. The ship looks beyond awesome, and seems like it might even surpass all the hype. And we, like you I’m sure, have wonderful memories of our Antarctic adventure...

5 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Mike...an absolutely wonderful, informative and really well done review! Lana and I are booked on the seven day eastern Caribbean itinerary late February, booked over a year and a half ago. The ship looks beyond awesome, and seems like it might even surpass all the hype. And we, like you I’m sure, have wonderful memories of our Antarctic adventure...

Hi Paul,

Those Antarctic memories are wonderful indeed.  An experience I will never forget.  

The Edge certainly did exceed my expectations.  I think a lot of folks will be pleasantly surprised with how Celebrity is innovating the cruise experience. 

Thank you for providing some instructions on how to get to your review.... I am glad I did not miss it... it was terrific... and absolutely loved the photos.... really wonderful. You know when I looked the the images of the entertainment... it made me appreciate the awards that lighting and set designers get at the Oscars, Tonys etc. Your photos really highlighted the impact of these behind the scenes folks on the show. I am really looking forward to experiencing them...   Thanks again for the hard work it took to put all this together. 

11 minutes ago, kearney said:

Thank you for providing some instructions on how to get to your review.... I am glad I did not miss it... it was terrific... and absolutely loved the photos.... really wonderful. You know when I looked the the images of the entertainment... it made me appreciate the awards that lighting and set designers get at the Oscars, Tonys etc. Your photos really highlighted the impact of these behind the scenes folks on the show. I am really looking forward to experiencing them...   Thanks again for the hard work it took to put all this together. 

I'm so glad you liked the review.  The show photos can be a challenge to get.  I bring a telephoto lens for close ups and use my iPhone for some of the wide angles.  I have to take a lot of photos during the show due to the low light level and constant motion.  It is a challenge, but fun.

I should have just said to Google "Mike and Carol cruise reviews".  It is probably easier than enabling signatures, which many don't want showing at all.  I personally like having the abbreviated signatures with the option to show it all feature that CC added during a previous upgrade.

I was not familiar with the signature feature at all... so that was nice. Man, I really loved your photos. They made the entertainment feel alive... nice job.  The room shots are also very helpful. Since your wife uses a scooter... on your next cruise review you might want to include some hints for those traveling on the ship with scooters etc. I say this because this will be our second trip renting one... the reason I asked so many questions... I am sure I am not the only one out there... trying to get the lay of the land so to speak. Thanks again