2 Amsterdam ship questions

sandiego1

We are doing the 2019 World Cruise and have 2 questions about the ship.

1) Thinking about bring my sleeping pillow. I'm never 100% satisfied with the pillows on a cruise ship. My pillow is a king size. Does the Amsterdam have king pillow cases? Or are they all queen (or smaller) size? I don't want to have to bring (and wash) my own pillow cases.

2) Does the Amsterdam gym have foam rollers? We like to use them regularly after working out. In particular, we are looking for a very firm full round roller, plus a half round. We can bring them but it's a pain since we are flying.

Thanks in advance!

If you do decide to bring your own pillowcase you can include it in your laundry bag, depending on what laundry plan you plan on having. Bring two. But some the pillows are pretty large among your choice of three, so they may well have just the right size for you anyway.  Seems we always toss the really large one off the bed at night to get it out of the way, so it is pretty big.  

I think they do have the foam rollers since they offer a lot of stretch classes - I believe two a day at least. But that is just my observations passing through the floor exercise area. Hopefully someone with more direct information can help. . 

9 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

I think they do have the foam rollers since they offer a lot of stretch classes - I believe two a day at least. But that is just my observations passing through the floor exercise area. Hopefully someone with more direct information can help. . 

Do they charge for the stretch classes?

17 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Do they charge for the stretch classes?

The stretch classes are mentioned in the daily program and are free. Some specialty fitness classes do charge, as well as the spinning classes, but the general offerings are no cost.

There is a also an Oprah franchise "Just Breathe" class on some ships in the mornings but I never saw anyone there so I don't know if it is more meditative "yoga" or stretching per se. Your daily schedule is  the best guide or check in with the fitness people to see what they offer.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:06 PM, sandiego1 said:

1) Thinking about bring my sleeping pillow. I'm never 100% satisfied with the pillows on a cruise ship. My pillow is a king size. Does the Amsterdam have king pillow cases?

They do have 2 king sized pillows on the bed so have that size pillowcase.  I bring my own pillow as I have neck issues.  I even bring my own wedge!  I bring 2 pillowcases and send them out with the laundry.  I make a notation on the laundry form that there is 1 pillowcase.  I make sure I have a colored case as I don't want my pillow to get mixed up with theirs. 

Enjoy the cruise; we will be on it also!!

Linda R.

7 hours ago, OlsSalt said:
15 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

So far HAL has not charged for stretch classes.  There are large, heavy duty foam rollers.

HAL does have King Size pillow -- I call them Bolster pillows as that is what we have at home.  You can get them as soft or as firm as you want.  Just ask your cabin steward for them.

7 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

The stretch classes are mentioned in the daily program and are free. Some specialty fitness classes do charge, as well as the spinning classes, but the general offerings are no cost.

There is a also an Oprah franchise "Just Breathe" class on some ships in the mornings but I never saw anyone there so I don't know if it is more meditative "yoga" or stretching per se. Your daily schedule is  the best guide or check in with the fitness people to see what they offer.

Thanks!