Beaches close to the cruise terminal

caro325

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place close to the cruise port (walking or short ride) where I can take my 4 yrd old so she can play on the beach???? I refuse to pay $100+ on a shore excursion for her to just play on the sand for a little bit. Thank you in advance

Very good question. I though there was only one :-(..... we are traveling in the Princess Grand Princess leaving for SFO on January 7th.. I will go to the internet to see if I can find more specific information.

Thank you for the reply

That is a ten day Mex Riv cruise out of SF.  

San Francisco, California | At Sea | At Sea | At Sea | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico | Manzanillo, Mexico | Mazatlán, Mexico | Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico | At Sea | At Sea | San Francisco

In Mazatlán, you can go to Stone Island independently.  Look for the  threads on Stone Island on this forum.  It is a $2 per person ferry ride (round trip) to the beach.  Or you can take a golf cart (a Mazatlán taxi) to the Golden Zone, and you can play on the beach there.

In Cabo, again independently, you can take a water taxi to the beach.  I think that is about $6 per person.  For about $8 to $10, they will take you out to view El Arcos first and then drop you off at the beach.

In Puerto Vallarta, you take a taxi to El Mercado, a street that fronts the Bay.  I think that is $4 per person.  There is a beach there that your kid can play at.  The return trip will probably cost $10 or so.

None of these require a tour.  Just grab appropriate independent transportation and have fun.  You and your kid can visit all three of these beaches for less than the $100 you mentioned.

I have not been to Manzanillo in decades, so I will not make any suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

For Puerto Vallarta, we highly recommend simply walking to the Krystal hotel, perhaps a short 10-15 walk from the cruise terminal. This hotel seems to not mind cruisers who use their nice swimming pool.  (They can tell you are from the cruise ship...just by looking at your towel...but they don't mind)  You can access the beach from there.  We tend to stay in the wonderful pool area because of all the "beach vendors" walking on the beach. Happy sailing! :classic_smile:

19 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

For Puerto Vallarta, we highly recommend simply walking to the Krystal hotel, perhaps a short 10-15 walk from the cruise terminal. This hotel seems to not mind cruisers who use their nice swimming pool.  (They can tell you are from the cruise ship...just by looking at your towel...but they don't mind)  You can access the beach from there.  We tend to stay in the wonderful pool area because of all the "beach vendors" walking on the beach. Happy sailing! :classic_smile:

How do you get to the Krystal from the pier?  I've went there years ago but can't remember.  

Also do they still offer massages?

On 1/5/2019 at 11:15 PM, candydane said:

How do you get to the Krystal from the pier?  I've went there years ago but can't remember.  

Also do they still offer massages?

A lot has changed at the Krystal Hotel during the last few years since Hilton took over a great part of the hotel, pool and the gardens. Hilton is an allin hotel and as far as I know doesnot give any daypasses.