MITSUGIRLY sails off into the HORIZON-review & pictorial

mitsugirly

OMG, can't believe I found another one of your reviews.  I've been gone for a bit , and was surprised to find some of the other reviewers I use to read were gone.  Then I found yours, and started jumping up and down for joy!  I've subscribed, I've got my water, and eating lunch at my desk, so I'm ready.  

I've read so many of your reviews but never actually posted on any of them before!  Thanks for posting such great reviews with so many pictures - reading your reviews makes me feel almost as if I've actually been to these places because of the way you write the story line!

Congrats on almost finishing school! I'm going back now (what am I doing??! I've got a 1 and 6 year old and work full-time) for nursing. I currently work in immunology research but miss working with actual people vs. cells/tissues/drugs. Only 2 more classes for my pre-reqs (I have a BS and MS and still somehow didn't have all of the required classes) and then I can apply to nursing school here in AL. 

Edited by Eggs And Bacon

On 2/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, Tminish said:

Curious to know how long it took you guys to get from this hotel to the port..I googled it and it says 49 minutes. Does that sound about right?

That's probably about right or maybe a little shorter than that. It didn't seem too long to me but we had a great driver that carried on a conversation with us the entire time and time flew by.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, ch27088 said:

OMG, can't believe I found another one of your reviews.  I've been gone for a bit , and was surprised to find some of the other reviewers I use to read were gone.  Then I found yours, and started jumping up and down for joy!  I've subscribed, I've got my water, and eating lunch at my desk, so I'm ready.  

Haha. Well welcome back! I've been gone for quite some time as well trying to finish a VERY L O N G class and dealing with life.

I hope you enjoy the review.

54 minutes ago, Eggs And Bacon said:

I've read so many of your reviews but never actually posted on any of them before!  Thanks for posting such great reviews with so many pictures - reading your reviews makes me feel almost as if I've actually been to these places because of the way you write the story line!

Congrats on almost finishing school! I'm going back now (what am I doing??! I've got a 1 and 6 year old and work full-time) for nursing. I currently work in immunology research but miss working with actual people vs. cells/tissues/drugs. Only 2 more classes for my pre-reqs (I have a BS and MS and still somehow didn't have all of the required classes) and then I can apply to nursing school here in AL. 

Aww, well I'm glad you decided to post this time. I really appreciate the comments and glad you enjoy the reviews.

Thanks for the congrats. I seriously can't wait until I don't have to ever say that I'm in school anymore. I will only have to deal with my yearly CE's and that's it!

I wish you luck in your classes. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life! I have always said that if I had a chance to do it again, knowing what I know now, I'd never do it again. It took so much time away from my family and my life as I knew it. Sakari was very young when I went back to school and it was the longest 4 years of my life. But, it's worth it once you're done. I love nursing and my patients.

Oh, btw...I was born in Birmingham. 🙂

22 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Aww, well I'm glad you decided to post this time. I really appreciate the comments and glad you enjoy the reviews.

Thanks for the congrats. I seriously can't wait until I don't have to ever say that I'm in school anymore. I will only have to deal with my yearly CE's and that's it!

I wish you luck in your classes. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life! I have always said that if I had a chance to do it again, knowing what I know now, I'd never do it again. It took so much time away from my family and my life as I knew it. Sakari was very young when I went back to school and it was the longest 4 years of my life. But, it's worth it once you're done. I love nursing and my patients.

Oh, btw...I was born in Birmingham. 🙂

I tried to send you a message but it says I can't send message right now :classic_huh:  That's where I am - did you go to school here? 

I've already started to feel the effects of schooling - I started summer semester 2018 with developmental psych and then nutrition in the fall and now a refresher course of anatomy before I take physiology (they have separate classes rather than A&P together). I just keep telling myself that it'll be worth it in the end!

On 2/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, Eggs And Bacon said:

I tried to send you a message but it says I can't send message right now :classic_huh:  That's where I am - did you go to school here? 

I've already started to feel the effects of schooling - I started summer semester 2018 with developmental psych and then nutrition in the fall and now a refresher course of anatomy before I take physiology (they have separate classes rather than A&P together). I just keep telling myself that it'll be worth it in the end!

Cruise Critic doesn't allow messaging between people on here. They want everything out in the open

No I moved to Ohio when I was young and been here ever since but my entire family is down there still.

I didn't take Nutrition when I was in nursing and just now took it for my Bachelors program. It was a LONG class that lasted 4 months! I'm so glad to have it over with.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, mitsugirly said:

Cruise Critic doesn't allow messaging between people on here. They want everything out in the open

No I moved to Ohio when I was young and been here ever since but my entire family is down there still.

I didn't take Nutrition when I was in nursing and just now took it for my Bachelors program. It was a LONG class that lasted 4 months! I'm so glad to have it over with.

Ha, oops! I just saw the "message" button and assumed it worked! 

Nutrition was long and had so much memorization! I have a new found respect for dietitians after that class :classic_biggrin: 

Hi MITSUGIRLY thanks so much for this review of the Carnival Horizon. We sail on Sunday February 17th.

I have a mermaid related question. For Christmas my daughter got her first mermaid tail and monofin. She has practiced at the local pool and since she has mermaid kicked since she first learned to swim it came naturally. My question is how do you take the monofin on the plane? I am going to try and fit it in the suitcase tonight but I am not sure it will fit. Have you ever taken it as carry on luggage? Thanks for any insight, can't seem to find any answers online.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, Lupush said:

Glad to see you back, Kim!   Thanks for another great review.  When is your next cruise?

Glad you enjoyed it and our next cruise is in April for Spring Break. 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, mvaughn11 said:

Really enjoyed your review MITSUGIRLY. All the pictures were phenomenal! 

Why thank you so much. 

23 hours ago, anjiebaby said:

Hi MITSUGIRLY thanks so much for this review of the Carnival Horizon. We sail on Sunday February 17th.

I have a mermaid related question. For Christmas my daughter got her first mermaid tail and monofin. She has practiced at the local pool and since she has mermaid kicked since she first learned to swim it came naturally. My question is how do you take the monofin on the plane? I am going to try and fit it in the suitcase tonight but I am not sure it will fit. Have you ever taken it as carry on luggage? Thanks for any insight, can't seem to find any answers online.

Have a wonderful cruise in a few days. 

I have always packed Sakari's fin in her suitcase. It always fits in any of suitcases. She does have the finfun bag as well and when we are going into port she puts her fin and cloth tail in that to carry it. 

Hi Mitsugirly

Elise is 15 and has a Women’s large tail I wonder if the monofin is wider. It was a good 10 inches too wide for my suitcase. We ended up bringing it in an art portfolio. Wish we flew Southwest with 2 free pieces of luggage on Westjet it cost me $50 extra. She has had so much fun swimming with her mermaid tail at our hotel in Miami that it was probably worth it. 

Thanks for the review! Always love reading your adventures and seeing the pics! We just booked our first Carnival cruise on the Horizon for June 2020. We’ve done RCI four times so now I’m trying to learn all I can about Carnival! 

Next- researching our ports! 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:32 AM, anjiebaby said:

Hi Mitsugirly

Elise is 15 and has a Women’s large tail I wonder if the monofin is wider. It was a good 10 inches too wide for my suitcase. We ended up bringing it in an art portfolio. Wish we flew Southwest with 2 free pieces of luggage on Westjet it cost me $50 extra. She has had so much fun swimming with her mermaid tail at our hotel in Miami that it was probably worth it. 

Oh, well that makes sense. So glad the $50 was worth it. I would say that Sakari would feel the same way because she lives in that thing when we're at the beach. 

On 2/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, Lupush said:

Which ship will you be on?

Freedom

On 2/24/2019 at 7:25 PM, BBML1 said:

Thanks for the review! Always love reading your adventures and seeing the pics! We just booked our first Carnival cruise on the Horizon for June 2020. We’ve done RCI four times so now I’m trying to learn all I can about Carnival! 

Next- researching our ports! 

Aww thanks and glad you enjoyed it. We will be on RCI next...in a few months. 

16 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Oh, well that makes sense. So glad the $50 was worth it. I would say that Sakari would feel the same way because she lives in that thing when we're at the beach. 

Freedom

Aww thanks and glad you enjoyed it. We will be on RCI next...in a few months. 

Hi mitsugirly!

I hope you do a review of the Freedom!  We are on her for the first time this summer.  Love your reviews.  Happy cruising.  🏖️

On 12/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, mitsugirly said:

SKYCOURT BASKETBALL

We always love to play a few games during our cruise however...we found that they LOCK this place up after a certain time (after dark) for some reason. WHY???? We have never encountered this on past cruises. It's hot during the day and we prefer to go up and play during the evening when it's cooler and every night it would be locked and closed. During the day there's just too many people there playing or the kids club would have it making it unusable to everyone else. It sucked!

PC160447%20copy-L.jpg

PC220808%20copy-L.jpg

PC220803%20copy-L.jpg

PC220804%20copy-L.jpg

I heard they close the basketball court in the evenings because it is above a restaurant. I guess they do not want the noise. 

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ looking forward to your Freedom of the Seas cruise review! I liked Freedom so much  (like Breeze) I did it twice! Had a promenade cabin both times & really liked it with its window & seat overlooking the promenade.

Have a nice weekend. Tired of winter yet?!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

On 3/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, retiring soon said:

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ looking forward to your Freedom of the Seas cruise review! I liked Freedom so much  (like Breeze) I did it twice! Had a promenade cabin both times & really liked it with its window & seat overlooking the promenade.

Have a nice weekend. Tired of winter yet?!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

I honestly can't wait!!! I'm getting super excited about the cruise and can't wait to have my plans finalized with what I'm doing while in port. 

We have one of the Ultra Spacious Ocean View cabins...a first for us! I can't wait to have MORE ROOM! (Than a normal cabin at least). lol

YES! I'm so sick of winter. Nice one day, snow the next. It's been horrible. I'm so ready for Spring!

On 3/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Are they cruising Freedom of the Seas or Carnival Freedom? 

Freedom of the Seas. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Sorry I haven't been on over the last week. It's been a horrible week and we lost 4 people on the same day (deaths). It's been a crappy 2 weeks needless to say. 

Sorry to hear that.  Winter seems to bring that on.

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ so sorry to hear of your losses. I was just to a funeral on Saturday & am waiting to hear when my BF is having her husband's. Poor guy had cancer & could only drink Boost or others fluids for the past 6 years! I can't even imagine that!!

So happy to hear you're going on Freedom of the Seas & having a bigger cabin. Is it just the 3 of you this time or are some kids coming too? Last time I was on that ship was Nov 2010 so look forward to seeing any changes.

Which ports are you going to please?

My next cruise is a TA at the end of April on NCL Pearl. You've been on that ship haven't you?

Think Spring!!🌷

~ Jo ~ 😊