Best thing and worst thing about Caribbean princess

Letacraig

On 1/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, floridalover5623 said:

1.The air conditioning in certain groups of cabins is terrible and NOTHING can be done to correct it. 

2. The layout at the buffet has improved but the way they prepare the food as well as the way it's presented (in cardboard containers) is not at all appealing. 

What groups of cabins are you referring to? Dolphin deck or somewhere else? 

On 12/25/2018 at 3:37 PM, satxdiver said:

The next worst thing is returning to the cabin on the next to last day and seeing the brown kiss of death on the bed signifying that it is time to start packing to leave.  The only cure known to mankind is to have a cruise already booked for the near future. 

I’m hitting the like button on this one.😁

Tony

6 hours ago, Letacraig said:

What groups of cabins are you referring to? Dolphin deck or somewhere else? 

I can only speak for the cabins in my area near C602 as mine was severely affected & others in the nearby vicinity (I talked to a few of the people). I did hear of other decks that were affected but it was only hearsay.

btw... on the other side of the Caribe deck near C403 the AC was fine. It seems that it only was limited to certain zones.  

On 1/2/2019 at 8:23 AM, floridalover5623 said:

1.The air conditioning in certain groups of cabins is terrible and NOTHING can be done to correct it. 

2. The layout at the buffet has improved but the way they prepare the food as well as the way it's presented (in cardboard containers) is not at all appealing. 

I appreciated how some items were served in little cardboard containers. This is for hygienic reasons. Less use of common serving utensils to help prevent Novo, since some cruisers don't know how to wash themselves correctly or often enough. (Which is why Novo happens, after all!)

On 12/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, jeanandjim said:

The next time Caribbean goes to Curacao we will be enjoying a cocktail in the Wheelhouse Bar. If you could do us a favor, we would like to know if Michael Reitano, the CD is going to be doing anything special for the total lunar eclipse on the night of Jan. 20th as we leave Trinadad.

Thnx in advance, Jim

I wasn't able to get a hold of Micca, but I did ask ACD Dan, and he was unaware of anything planned as of yet. He did say that when they were in Alaska a while ago they had the eclipse and they had all kinds of special programming for it. (But it rained was overcast the whole day.) So they probably will have something.

1 minute ago, Simple_Travels4578 said:

I appreciated how some items were served in little cardboard containers. This is for hygienic reasons. Less use of common serving utensils to help prevent Novo, since some cruisers don't know how to wash themselves correctly or often enough. (Which is why Novo happens, after all!)

Noro doesn't affect me in the slightest but if it bothers you, then the DR is the solution. 

I totally dislike the idea of food being served in cardboard containers. It sits there getting dried out & when I asked them for a different cut they would just point to the already cut portions that had condiments added to the top of them already. 

The buffet on the CB is my last choice or all the Princess buffets....the Royal class is by far the best as far as selections, preparation & presentation.

Oh btw- the CB is the only ship to serve food in cardboard containers.

19 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

Oh btw- the CB is the only ship to serve food in cardboard containers.

I hope they roll this out to the whole fleet. I got grossed out by the number of people I saw using rest rooms and not washing their hands, or doing other gross things in the buffet and then touching the serving utensils.

1 hour ago, Simple_Travels4578 said:

I wasn't able to get a hold of Micca, but I did ask ACD Dan, and he was unaware of anything planned as of yet. He did say that when they were in Alaska a while ago they had the eclipse and they had all kinds of special programming for it. (But it rained was overcast the whole day.) So they probably will have something.

Thank you so much for doing that for us. We will be boarding this coming Saturday. Leave tomorrow for the long leisurely car ride down there

Jim

4 hours ago, Simple_Travels4578 said:

I hope they roll this out to the whole fleet. I got grossed out by the number of people I saw using rest rooms and not washing their hands, or doing other gross things in the buffet and then touching the serving utensils.

I'm not sure that that would do anything at all since most of the other items still used serving spoons. 

looking for some feedback please.  Headed on Caribbean Princess next month.  We have cabin C749; anyone who has stayed in this cabin or a similar cabin on another ship;  would appreciate feedback.  We sailed Princess for the first time last year; and our cabin was upfront on Emerald.  Thanks for any info you can provide.  Have a great day

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

looking for some feedback please.  Headed on Caribbean Princess next month.  We have cabin C749; anyone who has stayed in this cabin or a similar cabin on another ship;  would appreciate feedback.  We sailed Princess for the first time last year; and our cabin was upfront on Emerald.  Thanks for any info you can provide.  Have a great day

We were in C748 on the CB last month. The cabins are mirror images of one another. 

If you'll tell me specifically are you wanting to know I'll do my best to answer. 

Forgot to add this to get you started. As you will see, this is from 2011. There have been significant upgrades to the cabin since then but this will give you a general idea. Try driving around on Google for a bit and I'm sure you will be able to find better and more recent cabin tour videos. 

And, again, let me know what you want to know and I'll try my best. 

We’ll be on the Grand next month for a 10 day Mexico RT. After having just sailed on the CB, the first thing we are going to miss about her will be Skywalkers. GREAT place to spend (a very quiet) part of an afternoon. 

Ok I do have a question;  in your video of C749 when you pan the bedroom and on right side of bed there are two electrical outlets;  how about the left side of bed next to balcony; any electrical outlets there.  You really did not pan the left side of bed; although there is a nightstand on both sides. Also for my wife; is the hairdryer near the makeup area in living room?   Thanks

Edited by AF-1
added txt

On 1/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, floridalover5623 said:

Are these cardboard containers single servings for people?  Is the entire meal, meat, potatoes and vegetables, all in the container? How very odd.

49 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Are these cardboard containers single servings for people?  Is the entire meal, meat, potatoes and vegetables, all in the container? How very odd.

Individual sandwiches and other single serving items.

2 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

No...........It is a very small selection of sandwiches etc in one of the stand alone display cases.

No foods like you describe.

It is not that big of a deal.

We just avoided them.

IMO I don't see them being around long. The CB is a test ship for everything food.

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Ok I do have a question;  in your video of C749 when you pan the bedroom and on right side of bed there are two electrical outlets;  how about the left side of bed next to balcony; any electrical outlets there.  You really did not pan the left side of bed; although there is a nightstand on both sides. Also for my wife; is the hairdryer near the makeup area in living room?   Thanks

I wasn't very clear in my initial response to you. The video is not mine. I did a quick Google search and found the video. If you too search, you will likely find better and more recent videos.

As to your specific questions, there are no AC outlets incorporated within either of the bedside tables. Left side of the bed or the right. Also no USB ports to be found there either. This has been the subject of other threads. 

There are AC outlets just above the flat surface of the desk/makeup area on the bathroom side of the bed that are reasonably near the bedside tables but they are mounted in the wall itself. 

The hair dryer is hardwired and mounted to the wall surface between the entry to the shower/tub area and the mirrored surface above the makeup area. There is also a lighted makeup mirror located on the makeup desk. 

For the one who sleeps on the sliding glass door/balcony side of the bed, there will be no place to plug anything in. There are, however, plenty of other AC outlets on the other side of the cabin. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your reply.  When we were on Emerald Princess last year;  we found electrical outlets under the headboard of the bed.  We found them on our last day at sea.  You have to move the pillows and push the mattress back; but there were two; so first thing I will do is check that area when we get into the room.  Cheers

19 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thanks for your reply.  When we were on Emerald Princess last year;  we found electrical outlets under the headboard of the bed.  We found them on our last day at sea.  You have to move the pillows and push the mattress back; but there were two; so first thing I will do is check that area when we get into the room.  Cheers

220 V

On 1/10/2019 at 7:51 AM, AF-1 said:

Who would have thought to look there? Certainly not me. I’ll start checking on all future cruises. We always carry 220V adapters. Just in case. 

Thanks for the heads up!! 😃

Debated replying here and don't need to be blasted by the Princess faithful but we had a generally poor experience on the Carib Princess during our last year (Feb,) cruise to Panama Canal.  Our balcony cabin was nice and seemed refurbished but we were disappointed with most aspects of the ship from the Sanctuary experience, to dining waits and food quality. Primary failure to us was the general disorganized nature of 'everything' on board from non- availability of shows (shouldn't complain as most we saw  were not to our taste), very poor communication of Canal transit info, and a minimalist Super Bowl  'event'. We had enjoyed very pleasant prior Princess cruises  Previously (Grand, Sapphire, Golden) and my wife was really heartbroken because Princess was  on of her favorite lines. We voiced a complaint to Princess and their customer service inflamed us more- to the point that we decided to forgo Princess altogether and stay with X and HAL (we cancelled a Regal cruise already booked) and are excited to try MSC Yacht Club in a few weeks.

Anyway sometimes things don't work out and I can appreciate the highly subjective nature of cruising but a would repeat this was the first (and  last ) Princess cruise disappointment.  

Happy Cruising to all.