Silver Box Timing?

napria

I’ve forgotten about when our Silver box arrived before our previous trip.  We’re using a different TA now and I want to make sure we get it.  Would someone be so kind as to remind me how much time before the cruise it’s generally sent, please?

Also, we’re wondering if our favorite waiter from the last trip might be on the Spirit in April when we sail.  Has anyone seen Murat?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Bookings made direct receive theirs direct from SS. (UPS from Milan if my memory serves me?)

Bookings made by a TA are at the mercy of their efficiency and urgency. 

Thankfully my TA is both efficient and on the ball...😊

Thank you for all the answers.  I only just filled out the My Silversea forms about a week or two ago.  Is it possible that we missed... er... the boat?

(sorry for the pun!)

We’re about 80 days out from sailing.

Edited by napria

The silver box timing does seem to be quite variable. For my sailing on Feb 22, the silver box arrived at about 86 days out. However, Stumblefoot sets sail two weeks before me, but didn't receive the box until a few weeks after me. 

As long as we all get our luggage tags, all is well 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unibok said:

As long as we all get our luggage tags, all is well 🙂

The journal book is available as a download from my.silversea. The paper luggage tags are available at the luggage collection point (so no matter if you haven’t got them). The plastic personalised tag is a nice to have, but no big deal really.... and of course the silver box itself.

In reality no big deal if it didn’t arrive. For me (and I know it’s the same for others as I’ve seen it said), the joy of receiving the silver box is purely that boarding is getting ever closer.

I expect my next is with the TA now, though maybe not just yet as the only doc currently seen right now on the site for me is the booking form. T-95 .... still a long way to go and a short break to Sicily to look forward to first anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Leaving next Friday on Silver Spirit from San Juan and never got a silver box.  It's too bad, because as cruisers new to Silversea I'm sure there would be some useful information in the box.  Trying to find everything online is possible, but time consuming.

58 minutes ago, We4lv2trvl said:

Leaving next Friday on Silver Spirit from San Juan and never got a silver box.  It's too bad, because as cruisers new to Silversea I'm sure there would be some useful information in the box.  Trying to find everything online is possible, but time consuming.

That is very odd. Did you ask your travel agent? Sometimes they forget to pass along the silver box. 

Have a a wonderful time, regardless!

Did the silverbox turn up Napria?

Hope everyone got sorted. Ours turned up 2 weeks ago... so 10 weeks prior to departure from the TA, so usual time time. I’m sure it’s been up to 3 months when sent direct.

Edited by les37b

14 hours ago, We4lv2trvl said:

You definitely should have your silver box by now.

Call your travel agent or Silversea rep.

We have had ours for at least a month and we also have the one for our April cruise.

I am guessing some kerfuffle happened.