LUGGAGE TAGS

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Don't put your luggage tags on your luggage for the flight. Wait until you are getting ready to head over to the embarkation port.

Can I ask why not? I usually put the tags on the bags before the flight in case the bag goes missing en route, in the hopes that the bag might catch up with the ship. Once when they saw the cruise tag at airline check in, they put a “priority” tag on the bag as well, I’m assuming so that it doesn’t get delayed. Has anyone has any other experiences? 

4 hours ago, FionaLouise said:

hi guys, 

we have completed our online check in and wondering how and when we receive our luggage tags?

Thanks in advance, first time sailing haha.

My luggage tags became available online (click on "update check-in/SetSail pass" after you have logged into your account to view, then print) today at 49 days to go. 

They were not available yesterday.

They don't have my status indicated as they have in the past. 😞

21 minutes ago, KroozFoolz said:

My luggage tags became available online (click on "update check-in/SetSail pass" after you have logged into your account to view, then print) today at 49 days to go. 

They were not available yesterday.

They don't have my status indicated as they have in the past. 😞

Where is this? in the cruise planner?

For the most part people have replied to this topic pretty well. Luggage tags become available to print out 49 days before the cruise provided that you've printed out your sign and sail pass which should put everything in order. And yes, as mentioned better to just carry them inside a carryon bag if flying or something easily accessible. Some people utilize a $1.00 cheap stapler from the Dollar Store or carry a roll of Scotch tape to affix the tags to both of their handles at the cruise port. Happy cruising ! We'll be on the Vision in mid February out of New Orleans.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FionaLouise said:

Where is this? in the cruise planner?

Go into your cruise planner and print documents, the luggage labels will be in the guest ticket booklet. you should also print your sea pass. enjoy your cruise, we are on the Empress on 27 Jan 19 and cnt wait.

Roy

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes.

Bob, I was hoping to be able to "message" you from your profile page. But that's not available to do. Can you advise me on how to get my photo from my profile page that I added recently on to the postings that I make. I've tried different things and all that I see that's showing is the "D" in the box. Thank you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Bob, I was hoping to be able to "message" you from your profile page. But that's not available to do. Can you advise me on how to get my photo from my profile page that I added recently on to the postings that I make. I've tried different things and all that I see that's showing is the "D" in the box. Thank you.

Click your name.  When your page comes up, click in the lower left corner of the "D" box.  That should prompt you to upload your profile photo.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I thought I saw a limit of 64MB.

I guess the photo is still too large for what's being accepted. 

Thank you for trying to help me out. Being a drummer it's hard to close crop things Bob. In addition you can delete the conversations. I'm a Moderator for another outfit and know you can do that to eliminate the jargon.

24 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I guess the photo is still too large for what's being accepted. 

Thank you for trying to help me out. Being a drummer it's hard to close crop things Bob. In addition you can delete the conversations. I'm a Moderator for another outfit and know you can do that to eliminate the jargon.

There are programs that will reduce the resolution and make the file smaller.  Microsoft Office comes with  very rudimentary photo editor.

4 hours ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

Can I ask why not? I usually put the tags on the bags before the flight in case the bag goes missing en route, in the hopes that the bag might catch up with the ship. Once when they saw the cruise tag at airline check in, they put a “priority” tag on the bag as well, I’m assuming so that it doesn’t get delayed. Has anyone has any other experiences? 

IMO it's a good suggestion. But to each their own.  I prefer to put the ships luggage tags on at the hotel the morning were are heading to the embarkation port. We always do at least a one night pre-cruise stay. So if our luggage didn't make it to our final destination when we did, I'd go to the baggage claim office and report it, give them my cell phone number and the address where we are staying. If they thought it might take longer to recover our luggage I'd also give them a copy of our itinerary to see if they would forward it. Not sure if that would even be an option though. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

For the most part people have replied to this topic pretty well. Luggage tags become available to print out 49 days before the cruise provided that you've printed out your sign and sail pass which should put everything in order. And yes, as mentioned better to just carry them inside a carryon bag if flying or something easily accessible. Some people utilize a $1.00 cheap stapler from the Dollar Store or carry a roll of Scotch tape to affix the tags to both of their handles at the cruise port. Happy cruising ! We'll be on the Vision in mid February out of New Orleans.

We cover our luggage tags with packing tape and punch holes in the ends.  We then use cable ties to attach them to our bags just before we head to the port.  I hope this helps!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

We put ours on after we pick our bags up at the airport.  I don't want to take the chance that they will be torn off at the airport. I hope this helps!

Thank you for all you replies, I finally found them after hunting all night haha. 

There not available at the moment it stays pending but we are still 70 odd days out yet! We are sailing on the Harmony in March, I am mega nervous but excited.

Is it possible to take two print outs one in my bag and one on our luggage and if it does get damaged least we have another copy?

Thanks in advance. 

When printing tags or e-docs, you do not need to print everything. You can just print the pages you want. I do everything in greyscale except the tags. The colored tags help get them to the correct deck and area quicker.

Labeling your backpack or any other item you carry off the ship just makes you stand out as a tourist and in some areas become a pickpocketers best friend. Chances are you will never see any item left behind at a beach or in a bar in port. 

Now, if there is an item you have that will just be carried on the ship, then add your last name and deck # and say, please return to Guest Services if found. I have "lost" a bag at the pool while playing with kiddos in the pool but that was one time and I have been cruising a very long time on various lines. I like to think that most people are good and would turn a lost item into Guest Services. As a friend told me long ago, ships have so many cameras, filming everything everywhere, at all times. People will be seen by security. That has made me feel secure when cruising solo. 

• Like 1