Konigsdam Crow's Nest

stratixman

I was on the Konigsdam on the first cruise after drydock while hosting our CC Meet & Greet and participating in the Military Meeting in the Crow's Nest.  I noticed NO changes from the typical Crow's Nest without the EXC upgrade.  The EXC upgrade items on the Westerdam were not evident to me. 

image.png.9a7a77433620757299fb29c9aa616088.png

image.png.3a2b5536ab70850e5c22926cf9476620.png

image.png.d608e8fc8df46fcdcd7e283462b3207e.png

image.png.7211e3cc0f044ce566ade0f1cb4a493f.png

The Crow's Nest is for all passengers unless there is a private event that takes over the area.  Most private events just use a portion of the area.

It is a nice place to relax and read, participate in the trivia tournaments, have a free snack (beverages cost extra), pick up a large chocolate chip cookie, and use the computers to access your onboard account/internet.

Edited by Crew News

16 hours ago, Crew News said:

I noticed NO changes from the typical Crow's Nest

Your third photo down seems like a change from when I was on K'dam in June. That elevated bar along the port side wasn't there - it was a row of lounger chairs. I think >that< may be the EXC modification?

The major component to the EXC upgrades I saw on the Westeerdam were huge table-sized maps with touch screens and individual PC pedestals.  All of the library items were converted to racks of travel books.  I did not see this on the Konigsdam. 

1 hour ago, grsnovi said:

Your third photo down seems like a change from when I was on K'dam in June. That elevated bar along the port side wasn't there - it was a row of lounger chairs. I think >that< may be the EXC modification?

When Imwasmon Koningsdam in 2017, I seem to remember these computers, facing the coffee bar, so not an EXC modification.

the loungers are facing the bow.

Personally, I am happy that Koningsdam has retained (for now) the original Crows Nest. It is an extra bar, offers plush seating and is more or less contemporary design wise ( still not quite Celebrity quality, but attractive nontheless).

We were on the Inaugural trip on the Nieuw Statendam....the crow's nest with the EXC is not much different except the bar is got and replaced by the Explorations Cafe although you can still get a drink there ....there are 2 huge screens at the midpoint of the bow at the windows....and the side room that used to be couches etc is now set up with in row seats and a screen at the front for presentations....although the entire cruise I only saw it in use one time....IMG_0446.thumb.jpeg.4402defa5754f1d4a5966f89cd742302.jpegIMG_0446.thumb.jpeg.4402defa5754f1d4a5966f89cd742302.jpeg

IMG_0447.jpeg

Edited by penny49

14 hours ago, martylouie said:

I read or my TA told me that there is an observation deck atop the Crows Nest, accessible by stairs, would someone please confirm. Thanks

Yes, that’s true.  Normally not heavily used unless the ship is somewhere special like the Panama Canal, sailing in and out of Venice, etc.   Not sure about recently but years ago it was also designated as the “topless” sunbathing deck.  😳😬

Edited by Randyk47