Celebrity Edge Eden Restaurant Reviews Request

vermonter16

7 minutes ago, Timeforatrip said:

I don’t have a  copy.  They did tell us they were going to try out a 15 course menu in the future and brought samples of foods to try to see if it was a possibility for the menu.  So I’m guessing it will continue to change. 

Ooh, sounds interesting....

3 hours ago, Timeforatrip said:

They had us try stuffed little cherry peppers and a beef tartare.    I think the whole idea of a small plate 15 course meal is a great idea. I hope they go through with it.  I would definitely dine at Eden again. 

We are booked in Eden in January, will cancel in a heartbeat if it is 15 courses.  Five small courses is fine, ten more to go not for us.  

Celebrity I hope you are reading this, 15 courses never.

Now if they are considering adding another column to their 5 course meal giving greater variety that would be great.

Edited by Oville

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:24 PM, Oville said:

We are booked in Eden in January, will cancel in a heartbeat if it is 15 courses.  Five small courses is fine, ten more to go not for us.  

Celebrity I hope you are reading this, 15 courses never.

Now if they are considering adding another column to their 5 course meal giving greater variety that would be great.

15 course meals are all tapas. E by Jose in Vegas is like that. Each "course" is really not more than a bite. Just a way to experience many different flavors.

1 hour ago, KKB said:

15 course meals are all tapas. E by Jose in Vegas is like that. Each "course" is really not more than a bite. Just a way to experience many different flavors.

On our last Edge cruise, January 2020, we had our best meal ever at sea in Eden.  It wasn’t tapas or 15 bite size courses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oville said:

On our last Edge cruise, January 2020, we had our best meal ever at sea in Eden.  It wasn’t tapas or 15 bite size courses.

No it appears to be a 5 course...but apparently there was rumor of a 15 course meal...

I must admit, the menu doesn't give much up...I'm pretty adventurous...DH isn't...BUT we had a meal on the Allure that was a set "odd" prix fixe & DH loved it so much he wanted to come back later in the cruise...that's saying something...

40 minutes ago, KKB said:

No it appears to be a 5 course...but apparently there was rumor of a 15 course meal...

I must admit, the menu doesn't give much up...I'm pretty adventurous...DH isn't...BUT we had a meal on the Allure that was a set "odd" prix fixe & DH loved it so much he wanted to come back later in the cruise...that's saying something...

We went into Eden a bit nervous but they did a wonderful job substituting courses because of food allergies.  We’ve cruised on many lines including Oceania and Viking Ocean and we enjoyed Eden very much.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We disliked Eden.  Found the food poor.  The ambiance was silly.  Hopefully, it has improved.  Celebrity, you aren't disney.  

Not sure if it's a fair comparison, but I compared it to Wonderland on RCL. Food significantly better on RCL and ambiance, yeah I kind of agree with the above.

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Not sure if it's a fair comparison, but I compared it to Wonderland on RCL. Food significantly better on RCL and ambiance, yeah I kind of agree with the above.

We're adventurous eaters BUT disliked WonderLand on RCL (all flash & no substance). Eden sounds like a reincarnation to me which we will in all likelihood give a pass on.

I’ll admit I have not read through all of the responses but Eden was our least favorite venue on our last cruise in February 2020.  Dinner took way too long and I can’t imagine how long it would take with 15 tapas size courses!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, Gonzo70 said:

Maybe in a low role; the head chef of a 2* Michelin restaurant would never work on a cruise ship. That would be like a super bowl winning NFL head coach coaching a junior varsity high school football team.

More likely they meant an executive chef that works/worked a 2* restaurant served as a consultant to Eden in creating the menu.

Disney 

Chef of Disney Cruise Line's Remy Named as One of World's Ten Best (wdwinfo.com)

I had the pleasure of sailing when Chef Arnaud was on board and met him in his restaurant Remy (he shares head chef duties in Remy with Disney's Scott Hunnel of the Grand Floridan's Victoria and Albert's).   We sail on the Disney Fantasy at least once a year (4 times in the next year if we are lucky due to so many cancellations) and we eat in Remy each time we are on board.     Clearly he is not there all the time, but he is more involved than just sitting somewhere on land and coming up with menu items.

I look forward to trying Eden when we sail Celebrity for the first time next summer!!   I agree that I prefer my fine dining to not include a show, but we will give it a shot.

Edited by kstetser