Have any of you ever seen this cruise show.

dolittle

I like cruise shows on T.V. Have you seen'' Vacation Creation'' it is owned by Carnival and each week a deserving family (sick kid , bad luck or whatever) wins a cruise on one of Carnivals brands. It is a nice show with nice hosts actor Tommy Davidson is one of them do not know the other. The show is their to sell cruises and cruising but it is very soft sell and you would not know who owns it unless you look at the credits .It is on every weekend on my local ABC station. Have any of you seen this and what did you think of it.

I've seen it and it's a pretty good show.  They do some great excursions and a good portion is also filmed on the ships.  

Unlike some of the other shows hosted by Carnival (like w/ Jeff Corwin), the family is actually on the cruise. 

Sounds good but we don't get it over here...might have to do an online search.

A other Carnival brand do a show over here called 'The Cruise' which is a fly on the wall documentary about life on the newest ships on Princess. The did Regal Princess for a few seasons and are now doing Majestic Princess.

We also have a show called 'Cruising with Jane McDonald' where she tries out all different cruises from private Scottish boats to MSC mega beasts. That show is very popular over here and worth a watch if you can find it online. She is known for being on a cruise documentary way back as a singer and is rather liked by the general public.

23 hours ago, dolittle said:

I like cruise shows on T.V. Have you seen'' Vacation Creation'' it is owned by Carnival and each week a deserving family (sick kid , bad luck or whatever) wins a cruise on one of Carnivals brands. It is a nice show with nice hosts actor Tommy Davidson is one of them do not know the other. The show is their to sell cruises and cruising but it is very soft sell and you would not know who owns it unless you look at the credits .It is on every weekend on my local ABC station. Have any of you seen this and what did you think of it.

We record it...good show.

If you really love shows on cruises and travel...we accidentally discovered AWE, A Weath of Entertainment, channel 387, on  Directv.  (Unfortunately, not everyone has Directv)  This channel is similar to HGTV but on steroids!  Numerous outstanding travel shows, and our favorite..."Dream Cruises".  They've shown NCL, Paul Gaugin, MSC, Royal Caribbean, Costa, just to name a few...and many river cruises that covers most of Europe, India, and Asia. :classic_smile:

20 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We record it...good show.

If you really love shows on cruises and travel...we accidentally discovered AWE, A Weath of Entertainment, channel 387, on  Directv.  (Unfortunately, not everyone has Directv)  This channel is similar to HGTV but on steroids!  Numerous outstanding travel shows, and our favorite..."Dream Cruises".  They've shown NCL, Paul Gaugin, MSC, Royal Caribbean, Costa, just to name a few...and many river cruises that covers most of Europe, India, and Asia. :classic_smile:

21 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

Sounds good but we don't get it over here...might have to do an online search.

A other Carnival brand do a show over here called 'The Cruise' which is a fly on the wall documentary about life on the newest ships on Princess. The did Regal Princess for a few seasons and are now doing Majestic Princess.

We also have a show called 'Cruising with Jane McDonald' where she tries out all different cruises from private Scottish boats to MSC mega beasts. That show is very popular over here and worth a watch if you can find it online. She is known for being on a cruise documentary way back as a singer and is rather liked by the general public.

Sounds good I will for it.

I have been recording it since it started.  It has been hit and miss on directv.  Meaning it will record but is not what is recorded.  Frustrating!

Now it is only being hosted by the young lady.  Not sure why but oh well.

One of the first shows we saw the Maitred from one of the Orincess ships that we know, Generoso.  It was great to see him.

Thanks Bonsai3s for the heads up on channel 387.  Had no idea it was there.  Now I am all set to record!!

Thete is also a show called Mighty Ships on the smithsonisn channel 570 on directv that is great.

Edited by cheeseclan

4 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

I have been recording it since it started.  It has been hit and miss on directv.  Meaning it will record but is not what is recorded.  Frustrating!

Now it is only being hosted by the young lady.  Not sure why but oh well.

One of the first shows we saw the Maitred from one of the Orincess ships that we know, Generoso.  It was great to see him.

Thanks Bonsai3s foYor the heads up on channel 387.  Had no idea it was there.  Now I am all set to record!!

Thete is also a show called Mighty Ships on the smithsonisn channel 570 on directv that is great.

You're welcome.  In addition to Dream Cruises, there are a number of other outstanding travel shows...hope you'll enjoy them as much as we do. :classic_smile: